Catholic school fires lesbian teacher.

Let’s just agree to agree here. All religion, and major organisations are in the business of protecting paedophiles.

Firing people for their sexual orientation should be illegal.
And that school certainly shouldn't be allowed to teach children if they behave like that.
Thats how you end up with brainwashed children. Get that cult shit back to 1650.

Firing people for their sexual orientation should be illegal.
And that school certainly shouldn't be allowed to teach children if they behave like that.
Thats how you end up with brainwashed children. Get that cult shit back to 1650.

So you would support regulating social ideals in private institutions? Basically you want private institutions to HAVE to conform to your will and opinions? Are you talking governmental regulation here?

Agreed. It is going on everywhere. It is particularly disgusting though coming from an institution that claims to be defending the good and being light to society. I say this as a Christian who has a Catholic monk as a spiritual adviser.

I used to rip on the church about it hard for years, before I returned to the faith earlier this year.

And I still do. It's my hope that increased awareness that we have today about the consequence of not speaking up can be what redeems the church from that awful stain.

Last edited:
So you would support regulating social ideals in private institutions? Basically you want private institutions to HAVE to conform to your will and opinions? Are you talking governmental regulation here?

When it comes to discrimination yes. Like firing someone because they marry a person of different ethnicity or like in this case because of sexual orientation that should be illegal.
In this case, there is also the issue that it is a school that can influence children. So, in general, I would ban any sort of religious private school.

True enough. Religion and systematic abuse of children very much go hand in hand.

Any structured hierarchy that involves children is susceptible to being infiltrated by a diddler. They naturally gravitate towards those occupations and are among the world's best liars (a necessary skill for a diddler to have in a non-pedo world.)

Priests, olympic gymnastic doctors or an aid worker for oxfam or UN peacekeepers all have sticky hands. They are usually nice, approachable and charming and can avoid detection for decades before they get caught.

And because of how hierarchies work, people the bottom have (or had- it's different now) less agency to report that evil fuckery.

But now it's different. People are speaking out. A lot. Hopefully things will keep changing for the better.

parents and kids not happy about this, but the school is private, and she drinks from the furry cup, so it looks like it aint gonna be reversed

"This Is How Religious Liberty Really Dies"
by David French February 13, 2018 2:08 PM

Cultural pressures are a much greater threat to the faithful than the government.

So, this is what passes for national news: (Then a clip of the story is shown from Twitter)

"A female teacher at a Catholic school married a woman and got fired. Why should anyone be surprised that a Catholic school follows Catholic teachings?"

"The answer’s obvious, of course. National news organizations are populated with people who loathe orthodox Christian teaching on sexual orientation and identity, and stories like this are simply advocacy disguised as reporting. They know news articles ratchet up pressure. They know members of the community respond to negative coverage."

"And, sure enough, in the middle of the AP article linked above is this depressing detail: Several parents say they were surprised and upset at Morffi’s firing, which they learned of in a letter from the school Thursday evening. About 20 parents went to the school Friday morning to demand an explanation.

"Over the long term, this is the real threat to religious freedom. It’s not, ultimately, the government. It’s the combination of media and cultural pressure — of external and internal anger — that slowly but surely bends church institutions to its will. Talk to thoughtful pastors and religious leaders, even in ruby-red communities, and they’ll concur."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456374/religious-liberty-threatened-culture-government
The school had the right to fire her. Its customers still deserve an explanation, however obvious the answer should be to them.

Last edited:
Should have been fired for being attracted to a fictitious omnipotent spirit, not for being attracted to another legit human.

Here in ontario canada, the catholic school board is publicly funded, so anyone can attend and teachers can be gay i suppose.

My daughter is in Catholic school. I put her in for a few different reasons. This list is in order of importance. I think a relationship with God is important and want her in a community that is supportive of that. I wanted her in a smaller school with small classes. I wanted her in a school that does something about bullying should it take place. I wanted her in school that colleges look for in applicants. I wanted her in an environment where she will be exposed to alternative lifestyle choices less often in the early years of her life.

Last edited:
Should have been fired for being attracted to a fictitious omnipotent spirit, not for being attracted to another legit human.
Maybe a fair argument if we were talking about a Mcdonald's, not a catholic school.

Meh private school. Don't see the issue.

Well, he does have a point that if you want to follow rules from the old testament you can't nitpick which rules you do and don't follow, no?

I understand certainly, however, the New Testament makes it clear that while stonning is not the way to go, or violence, harm, or even verbal accosting, that having someone who explicitly breaks the rules and does not repent should not be part of the religious club.

And, being a lovely free society inspired from those same popularized moral and ethical devices, we can make our own clubs to join or give the proverbial finger too.

What's the Vatican's embassy in DC say about this? Has any journalist asked?

The current pope was put into the position to give a softer image and great PR for the church as an institution.

What's his take on this?

The pope is the CEO/President of the organization that this school is a member of. I'd like to hear his opinion on the case.

Back