Catholic school fires lesbian teacher.

F

franklinstower

Does a Catholic school have the right to fire a teacher that is lesbian? TYT posted a video condemning the Catholic school for doing so and aside from Cenks usual dishonest straw man slaying and misrepresentation he is adamant that to do so is form of bigotry and I just cant relate to that.

Catholic schools are private institutions meant to foster education within a Catholic context-- the teachers they hire should have to meet up to the standards Catholic schools require right? Are we in a place where even private institutions MUST follow the standards set by certain vocal groups or societal norms?

Last edited by a moderator:
Catholics are fucking strange people. Dislike lesbians and gays but don’t have an issue with kiddy-fiddling.

She was working at a private religious school. That's like trying to be a church's pastor but admitting you're an atheist.

any established group is in their crosshairs for destruction.
tyt is a marxist channel under the guise of progressiveism

Yep.
Catholic schools typically have conduct standards that are signed.
Usually they involve adhering to Catholic principles.

I went to a Catholic school. If every diocese stuck to this, there'd be a lot of women floating away from the church

Well, he does have a point that if you want to follow rules from the old testament you can't nitpick which rules you do and don't follow, no?

Didn't watch video, don't really need to. Unless they're taking government money or there's some other information, I'd like to think the school is okay here.

Does a Catholic school have the right to fire a teacher that is lesbian? I ask because TYT posted a video condemning the Catholic school for doing so and aside from Cenks usual dishonest straw man slaying and misrepresentation he is adamant that to do so is form of bigotry and I just cant relate to that.

Catholic schools are private institutions meant to foster education within a Catholic context-- the teachers they hire should have to meet up to the standards Catholic schools require right? Are we in a place where even private institutions MUST follow the standards set by certain vocal groups or societal norms?

Stopped reading @ "TYT".

If it was a Muslim school they would have raped her and pulled some sadistic female corcumcision stuff.

It is a form of bigotry. They are a private school, so I do believe the school is ok here.

Catholics are fucking strange people. Dislike lesbians and gays but don’t have an issue with kiddy-fiddling.

Pardon my whataboutery but don't forget the bacha bazi that goes on in Hollywood, in Madrassas, in Buddhist temples. There was also a significant voting bloc in Alabama that didn't seem to mind so much. Pretty much every group has their hands sticky when it comes to kids.

It's not just a Catholic thing.

Well, he does have a point that if you want to follow rules from the old testament you can't nitpick which rules you do and don't follow, no?

That is the point that bothered me most from TYT. I am a progressive by the way. TYT just fucking lies a lot. They purposefully misrepresent, oversimplify and mock arguments for which they have no real understanding. They do this in an opportune way whenever it suits a narrative they want to put forth. I cannot hold with the dishonesty.

It is up to biblical scholars to decide/debate which points from the old testament should be carried forth into Christianity today and why. I dont have a theological degree but do read a fair bit of it and Cenks arguments are that of an opportunistic child and he knows it too.

Pardon my whataboutery but don't forget the bacha bazi that goes on in Hollywood, in Madrassas, in Buddhist temples. There was also a significant voting bloc in Alabama that didn't seem to mind so much. Pretty much every group has their hands sticky when it comes to kids.

True enough. Religion and systematic abuse of children very much go hand in hand.

"This Is How Religious Liberty Really Dies"
by David French February 13, 2018 2:08 PM

Cultural pressures are a much greater threat to the faithful than the government.

So, this is what passes for national news: (Then a clip of the story is shown from Twitter)

"A female teacher at a Catholic school married a woman and got fired. Why should anyone be surprised that a Catholic school follows Catholic teachings?"

"The answer’s obvious, of course. National news organizations are populated with people who loathe orthodox Christian teaching on sexual orientation and identity, and stories like this are simply advocacy disguised as reporting. They know news articles ratchet up pressure. They know members of the community respond to negative coverage."

"And, sure enough, in the middle of the AP article linked above is this depressing detail: Several parents say they were surprised and upset at Morffi’s firing, which they learned of in a letter from the school Thursday evening. About 20 parents went to the school Friday morning to demand an explanation.

"Over the long term, this is the real threat to religious freedom. It’s not, ultimately, the government. It’s the combination of media and cultural pressure — of external and internal anger — that slowly but surely bends church institutions to its will. Talk to thoughtful pastors and religious leaders, even in ruby-red communities, and they’ll concur."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456374/religious-liberty-threatened-culture-government

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed. It is going on everywhere. It is particularly disgusting though coming from an institution that claims to be defending the good and being light to society. I say this as a Christian who has a Catholic monk as a spiritual adviser.

Back