Catholic Church Needs More Exorcists Due to Urgent Increase in Demonic Activity

giphy.gif

You must be retarded for posting this fake news

Meth is a HELLuva drug

Last edited:
I’m not religious but this scene botherd me when I first saw it. Wasn’t the devil the most beautiful angel? He looks like a cheap Atlantic City hustler that doesn’t shower daily.
Think Charlie Sheen going from Wall Street to wherever he is now

Satan had multiple approaches to lie and deceit. Yes he was a beautiful and dazzling angel.

Stormare was ok he acted like a happy drunk satan. With him it was more just about how he looked.

stigmat1.jpg

7-lucifer-end-of-days.jpg

None have been perfect but I really liked Gabriel Byrne’s attempt as lucifer in End of Days. He really brought it in a give no-fucks type of way.

The Ninth Gate had the best Satan, Depp bangs her at the end and you get to see Satan's titties, no bush though.
th

Good thing our knowledge of psychiatry improved. Back in the day they would have basically tried to exorcise schizophrenics, people suffering from psychosis, etc.

Edit to add- be careful clicking on CNN article, could pick up a weird spirit, or something.

Found this interesting.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/04/health/exorcism-doctor/index.html

Dr. Richard Gallagher is an Ivy League-educated, board-certified psychiatrist who teaches at Columbia University and New York Medical College. He was part of the team that tried to help the woman.
Fighting Satan's minions wasn't part of Gallagher's career plan while he was studying medicine at Yale. He knew about biblical accounts of demonic possession but thought they were an ancient culture's attempt to grapple with mental disorders like epilepsy. He proudly calls himself a "man of science."

Yet today, Gallagher has become something else: the go-to guy for a sprawling network of exorcists in the United States. He says demonic possession is real. He's seen the evidence: victims suddenly speaking perfect Latin; sacred objects flying off shelves; people displaying "hidden knowledge" or secrets about people that they could not have possibly have known.
"There was one woman who was like 90 pounds soaking wet. She threw a Lutheran deacon who was about 200 pounds across the room," he says. "That's not psychiatry. That's beyond psychiatry."
Gallagher calls himself a "consultant" on demonic possessions. For the past 25 years, he has helped clergy distinguish between mental illness and what he calls "the real thing." He estimates that he's seen more cases of possession than any other physician in the world.

"Whenever I need help, I call on him," says the Rev. Gary Thomas, one of the most famous exorcists in the United States. The movie "The Rite" was based on Thomas' work.
"He's so respected in the field," Thomas says. "He's not like most therapists, who are either atheists or agnostics."
Gallagher is a big man -- 6-foot-5 -- who once played semipro basketball in Europe. He has a gruff, no-nonsense demeanor. When he talks about possession, it sounds as if he's describing the growth of algae; his tone is dry, clinical, matter-of-fact.

Contemporary Catholicism doesn't see faith and science as contradictory. Its leaders insist that possession, miracles and angels exist. But global warming is real, so is evolution, and miracles must be documented with scientific rigor.

One of Gallagher's favorite sources of inspiration is Pope John Paul II's encyclical "Fides et Ratio" ("On Faith and Reason"). The Pope writes that "there can never be a true divergence between faith and reason, since the same God who reveals the mysteries and bestows the gift of faith has also placed in the human spirit the light of reason."
The church's emphasis on faith and reason can even been seen in the birth of its exorcism ritual.
The Rite of Exorcism was first published in 1614 by Pope Paul V to quell a trend of laypeople and priests hastily performing exorcisms on people they presumed were possessed, such as victims of the bubonic plague, says the Rev. Mike Driscoll, author of "Demons, Deliverance, Discernment: Separating Fact from Fiction about the Spirit World."
"A line (in the rite) said that the exorcist should be careful to distinguish between demon possession and melancholy, which was a catchall for mental illness," Driscoll says. "The church knew back then that there were mental problems. It said the exorcist should not have anything to do with medicine. Leave that to the doctors."

More from above.

"This is not quite as esoteric as some people make it out to be," Gallagher says. "I know quite a few psychiatrists and mental health professionals who believe in this stuff."
Dr. Mark Albanese is among them. A friend of Gallagher's, Albanese studied medicine at Cornell and has been practicing psychiatry for decades. In a letter to the New Oxford Review, a Catholic magazine, he defended Gallagher's belief in possession.
He also says there is a growing belief among health professionals that a patient's spiritual dimension should be accounted for in treatment, whether their provider agrees with those beliefs or not. Some psychiatrists have even talked of adding a "trance and possession disorder" diagnosis to the DSM, the premier diagnostic manual of disorders used by mental health professionals in the US.
There's still so much about the human mind that psychiatrists don't know, Albanese says. Doctors used to be widely skeptical of people who claimed to suffer from multiple personalities, but now it's a legitimate disorder (dissociative identity disorder). Many are still dumbfounded by the power of placebos, a harmless pill or medical procedure that produces healing in some cases.
"There's a certain openness to experiences that are happening that are beyond what we can explain by MRI scans, neurobiology or even psychological theories," Albanese says.
Dr. Jeffrey Lieberman, a psychiatrist who specializes in schizophrenia, arrived at a similar conclusion after he had an unnerving experience with a patient.
Lieberman was asked to examine the videotape of an exorcism that he subsequently dismissed as unconvincing.
Then he met a woman who, he said, "freaked me out."
Lieberman, director of the New York State Psychiatric Institute, says he and a family therapist were asked to examine a young woman who some thought was possessed. He and his colleague tried to treat the woman for several months but gave up because they had no success....

Something happened during the treatment, though, that he still can't explain. After sessions with the woman, he says, he'd go home in the evenings, and the lights in his house would go off by themselves, photographs and artwork would fall or slide off shelves, and he'd experience a piercing headache.
When he mentioned to this to his colleague one day, her response stunned him: She'd been having the exact same experiences.
"I had to sort of admit that I didn't really know what was going on," Lieberman says. "Because of the bizarre things that occurred, I wouldn't say that (demonic possession) is impossible or categorically rule it out ... although I have very limited empirical evidence to verify its existence."
The tragic case of the real 'Emily Rose'

I ran into an article about this a while back after watching The Exorcist series and doing a search on it. Maybe @DataBreach can elaborate more on this. He has performed exorcisms before.

There's actually a clinical term

The experience of being "possessed" by another entity, such as a person, god, demon, animal, or inanimate object, holds different meanings in different cultures. Yet the phenomenon of possession states has been reported worldwide. In a survey of 488 societies in all parts of the world, Bourgignon (1) found that 437 of the societies (90 percent) had one or more institutionalized, culturally patterned form of altered states of consciousness. In 252 societies (52 percent), such experiences were attributed to possession.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pcn.12425/full

Dissociative trance and spirit possession-

It has been argued that Western psychiatry itself is individualized, biologized, and reductive in its theoretical and methodological approach.[17-19] Such an approach has often led to diagnostic categories that underplay the role of social context. This is reflected in the struggle to integrate dissociative trance and possession disorders into an individualized diagnostic structure. This struggle is made more acute by the evidence that mental health professionals in countries outside the West frequently report spiritual attributions to mental illnesses in general.[20] Therefore, states of altered or replaced identity both within and beyond the clinical interaction must be studied alongside the culturally influenced parameters of distress, impairment, and thresholds for help-seeking behavior, in order to broach questions of cultural variation, and diagnostic validity. Toward this end, we now discuss the concept of the possession state as it has been dealt with by the social sciences.

Possession in the social sciences
A commonly held, broad definition of a possession state in the social sciences is where an individual experiences being taken over or inhabited by an external force, which then controls or changes that individual's actions and identity.[21] In the anthropological literature, spirit possession is a wide category referring to a culturally patterned and accepted mode of being (usually in specific sociocultural contexts, as we shall see below). Accounts of spirit possession in the anthropological literature, such as those of Lewis,[22] deal with individual will as fundamentally dyadic in its relation with societal structure; that is, it is impossible to understand the behavior of the individual with possession without understanding his or her social context. Furthermore, it is clear that spirit possessions and dissociative trance/possession disorders share a number of phenomenological and behavioral characteristics, and may be usefully distinguished along dimensions of deliberateness, distress, impairment, help-seeking behavior, and idiom.

I will have to check it out The Prophecy.

Gabriel Byrne in End of Days, his underachiever speech about God was also good.

The Prophecy is excellent. Christopher Walken is Gabriel.

I’m not religious but this scene botherd me when I first saw it. Wasn’t the devil the most beautiful angel? He looks like a cheap Atlantic City hustler that doesn’t shower daily.
well Jesus looks like a tree hugger straight out of coachella...

Back