Catch Wrestling United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Ryght

Grand Prix Title
Reaction score
This thread is created for Catch-as-Catch-Can practioners, enthusists, and fans to discuss CACC techniques, functions, tournaments,seminars, resource sharing, getting to gether to roll, and the like PERIOD. ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL

Last edited:
Has anybody ever came across a CACC gym in NYC(Brooklyn/Queens). Ive tried desperatly to find one and have found nothing.

This thread is created for Catch-as-Catch-Can practioners, enthusists, and fans to discuss CACC techniques, functions, tournaments,seminars, resource sharing, getting to gether to roll, and the like PERIOD. Unlike before no BJJ practioners or anybody trying to debate styles. CACC only please lets keep it civil. ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL

BJJ guys are allowed in judo threads, and catch guys and judo guys are allowed in BJJ threads, but no BJJ guys in catch threads?

I like the flow from move to move in Catch. I also like the basic positions in Frank Shamrocks anit-bjj system. Oh and i also like bjj.

Frodo I dont care who comes in here, First off its not up to me, secondly..i just dont want this thread to stir into another debate

BJJ guys are allowed in judo threads, and catch guys and judo guys are allowed in BJJ threads, but no BJJ guys in catch threads?

Here you are, trying to ruin the thread again. If you have nothing to add, don't post -- it's simple. We don't go into your threads and do nothing but stir up dust.

This thread should be stickied, just like the Judo thread is.

The Golden Age of Iron Men

^^ There are some good books by Farmer Burns here. Also, a tonne of OLD (OLD!!) strength and conditioning literature.

Yes the lockflows in catch are cool, and are a great way to make you chain your subs from one to the other such as to leave your opponent no escape basically. The more you lockflow and practice sub chaining the better

I like the flow from move to move in Catch. I also like the basic positions in Frank Shamrocks anit-bjj system. Oh and i also like bjj.

I don't think any of us who love the catch style dislike BJJ. I highly admire the technical focus, and smoothness that is so highly regarded. My goal is to combine that with a highly offensive "flashy" catch style, and flowing from submission to submission.

Here you are, trying to ruin the thread again. If you have nothing to add, don't post -- it's simple. We don't go into your threads and do nothing but stir up dust.

This thread should be stickied, just like the Judo thread is.

The Golden Age of Iron Men

^^ There are some good books by Farmer Burns here. Also, a tonne of OLD (OLD!!) strength and conditioning literature.

Heavy Ryght shouldn't start a thread with poison like 'no BJJ practitioners allowed' if he wants quality posts. That is mean-spirited. I treat people they way they treat me. If he doesn't respect BJJ practitioners enough to allow them to comment, why should BJJ practitioners respect him?

I picked up a book by George Hackenschimdt about how to train, condition, and diet..its called THE COMPLETE SCIENCE OF WRESTLING. Pretty intresting read. Shows you how the old timers used to do it.

Listen I absolutly have nothing against BJJ. I train with a ton of BJJ guys and have nothing but admiration for the art. I just dont want a debate.PERIOD DOT DOT DOT

You know what they say...Conditioning is the greatest hold.!

Listen I absolutly have nothing against BJJ. I train with a ton of BJJ guys and have nothing but admiration for the art. I just dont want a debate.PERIOD DOT DOT DOT

Maybe your should edit your OP then.

Awesome site. Thanks for posting.

Heavy Ryght shouldn't start a thread with poison like 'no BJJ practitioners allowed' if he wants quality posts. That is mean-spirited. I treat people they way they treat me. If he doesn't respect BJJ practitioners enough to allow them to comment, why should BJJ practitioners respect him?

You've shown nothing but disrespect to everyone that enjoys and practices catch. Why should any one show respect towards you?

I'm done with replying to you. I'm not going to let you take over this thread like you did the last one.

Yeah thanks again Knox, some intresting stuff on the Gnarlmaster's page. He also cites Tony Ceccine on the links page. I must say i picked up his instructional set at a blowout bargain basement price. It was well worth the purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back