Casuals perspective on last PPV

P4PSHERGOAT

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was at work the other day and my friend who is as casual as you can get tells me how cool the machida KO was. Then starts telling me he thought “those type of PPV where all women fights” I was pretty surprised but then I started thinking about it and of course casuals would naturally assume that the cards are separated like they are in other mainstream sports. It’s pretty cool looking into the mind of a “casual” and goes to show you how shitty the ufc is with the damn promotion and letting people know what’s really going on.

TLDR: friend thought that the last PPV with the women headlining was an all female card.

: friend thought that the last PPV with the women headlining was an all female card.
Really wish the UFC would do this...

It would make it easier for me to decided which events to skip..

To be fair it makes the most sense to have all WMMA cards since nobody likes that shit.

I thought Tim Sylvia was related to Anderson Silva, when Fedor KOed Tim I expected Andy to try and avenge him.

I thought Tim Sylvia was related to Anderson Silva, when Fedor KOed Tim I expected Andy to try and avenge him.

LMAO And all the Kim’s, Ngyuen’s and Silva’s of the world are related.

LMAO And all the Kim’s, Ngyuen’s and Silva’s of the world are related.
Kevin and Angela Lee are repping it so well for China in MMA because their big sis Andrea taught them her moves.

I think this is more of an example of a “dumbass” fan than a “casual” one. When I went to BWW to see Mac/Nate and Holm/Tate with a bunch of friends who are either casuals or not even fans they weren’t surprised (motherfuckers) that the card had both guys and gals

They fight for a belt and a purse so they are all pretty feminine, no problem to mix them in my opinion

You are either lying to troll, or your friend is a mongoloid. Either way, it's not at all reflective of what most people would think. The posters and advertisements always make it clear that this is not the case.

People would argue that segregation is wrong and we shouldn't have all male and all female cards.

Yet at the same time they have no problem with all male and all female divisions. Double standard at the finest.

I'm 100% okay with mixed cards if the divisions themselves are mixed. If there're no women's or men's divisions and everyone regardless of gender fight everyone else, I'm 100% going to treat female fighters who can rise to the top in a mixed gender division the same as I treat male fighters. But f you're going to segregate yourself from the male fighters citing reasons 1,2,3, then stop complaining if I don't treat you the same. This idea of "separate but equal" is some fucking 1890s backwater Mississippi shit. You're either equal and integrated, or you're not equal and separated.

People would argue that segregation is wrong and we shouldn't have all male and all female cards.

Yet at the same time they have no problem with all male and all female divisions. Double standard at the finest.

I'm 100% okay with mixed cards if the divisions themselves are mixed. If there're no women's or men's divisions and everyone regardless of gender fight everyone else, I'm 100% going to treat female fighters who can rise to the top in a mixed gender division the same as I treat male fighters. But f you're going to segregate yourself from the male fighters citing reasons 1,2,3, then stop complaining if I don't treat you the same. This idea of "separate but equal" is some fucking 1890s backwater Mississippi shit. You're either equal and integrated, or you're not equal and separated.
IMO all fights should be openweight since they fight on the same card
#manletprivilege

Back