Castillo shooter acquitted

Yes. That's the REAL reason the verdict was fucking retarded. The officer is literally on video giving contradictory orders. Once informed that Philando had a gun (the RIGHT THING TO DO) he immediately goes to 'oh shit' mode instead of using that little brain of his and comprehending that a felon wouldnt announce he has a gun and permit if he intends to ambush you. He orders the victim to not reach for it, but to also produce his licence, and immediately mag dumps when the victim attempts to comply. He's on video screaming and crying because he knows he fucked up but thank god (for him) jurys are still fucking retarded and they let him skate. His career is still effectively over and the city will STILL pay out millions in a wrongful death suit because its obvious that was what occurred.

Im more disgusted by the NRA being totally silent on this one. Its LOOOOONG been suspected that the NRA is just a 'whites only' good ole boys redneck advocacy group that pretends to be concerned with gun rights for all. This case proved the common knowledge right.
Whites only taking that brown guys side. Fucking racists

CuNE46aWIAA5j-l.jpg

This was a bad verdict. Should have been a lesser included offense. I don't doubt that Yanez felt terrible and knew he made a mistake out of fear, you can see and hear it on the video. But that does not excuse him making a terrible mistake out of fear and killing a guy that basically say there. It's not cold blooded murder, and this is different than other murders, but he needed to be found guilty of vol manslaughter. I don't think someone like that necessarily needs to be in prison, but they should not be able to be a cop or own a firearm again.
This isn't directly related to your point, but it's worth mentioning. People rarely give citizens credit for behaving less than perfectly when guns are pulled on them. I've had it happen twice, both due to cops having bad information, and it's quite an experience to go from doing your daily thing to facing an immediate threat to your life. The mind is not necessarily going to work logically in those moments- especially because the average person has no related training of any kind.

In this situation, it is totally within reason that the guy doesn't go through the logical steps of A) cop doesn't know exactly where my gun is even if I do, B) cop doesn't know I'm reaching for my wallet. He can just as easily be thinking "oh shit I need to get out my wallet" even though it's a big mistake. I know exactly what it feels like to have a cop threatening me with a gun and get the impulse to pull out my wallet. It's strange. We're also conditioned to understand that cops want our ID. That's what happens when we get pulled over or stopped out in public. The brain can tell your body "give the cop the thing that the cops want," because of the stress to the nervous system.

When will we address the underlying problem here. These cops are policing the most dangerous areas of the city. They are on edge, and it's an extremely stressful job. Cops exhibit similar behavior patterns to soldiers patrolling a war zone.

So no, it's not just as simple as cops shooting black people. These cops are doing their job in the most dangerous areas of the country. You can't dismiss that connection. It has to be addressed.
I ride my bike past where that happened pretty frequently. That particular area is not dangerous and is on the edge of the state fairgrounds.

I would've voted to convict. This one was pretty open and shut.

When are these idiots going to learn to follow simple directions...?.

I ride my bike past where that happened pretty frequently. That particular area is not dangerous and is on the edge of the state fairgrounds.
It's in the vicinity of the rougher North Minneapolis areas, though, right?

When will we address the underlying problem here. These cops are policing the most dangerous areas of the city. They are on edge, and it's an extremely stressful job. Cops exhibit similar behavior patterns to soldiers patrolling a war zone.

So no, it's not just as simple as cops shooting black people. These cops are doing their job in the most dangerous areas of the country. You can't dismiss that connection. It has to be addressed.

The biggest difference is that
1. they're not soldiers in a war zone
2. They're ROE's are far more lax than most military personnel.

I do agree with the second part of your post though.

So nothing but hyperbole then.
if an organization bases its entire presence off of rhetoric and protectionism, then it looks real strange when an incident that would be appropriate for them to fire off rhetoric and protectionism is instead met with silence

Based on what? What did Castille do that warranted the cop killing him?
The officer is innocent until proven guilty. If you don't have evidence showing the officer committing a crime how could you feel comfortable with any verdict other then an acquittal? The jury saw the whole video and rendered a verdict.

The officer is innocent until proven guilty. If you don't have evidence showing the officer committing a crime how could you feel comfortable with any verdict other then an acquittal? The jury saw the whole video and rendered a verdict.

So what did Castille do that warranted getting shot?

So what did Castille do that warranted getting shot?
He had a gun and was reaching in it's vicinity. That doesn't mean he deserved to get shot but it doesn't mean you can charge the officer either. The cop yelled twice to stop reaching before he shot remember

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...astile-shooting-marijuana-car-dashcam-footage

“I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five-year-old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front-seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me?” he said.

The statement appeared in the transcript of Yanez’s questioning by investigators in July last year, in which the officer also failed to disclose that Castile had said out loud that he was “not reaching” for his handgun after being warned not to do so.

This clown had no business on the job. This is basically what would have happened if George Zimmerman was less of a fuck up and actually able to get his dream job as a LEO.

What a ridiculous assertion. The American hate for the brown people is going out of control. We had nothing to do with this and get over it.

This man is clearly not even Hispanic. He is southeast Asian. Even the victim's girlfriend said so when they first posted this incident on Facebook.

But us brown people are always the scapegoat when blacks and whites go at it. Overtime, this southeast Asian police officer was suddenly morphed into a hispanic police officer. He is only considered "Hispanic" because it fits the narrative of politics today.
This isn't factual. Yes, the girlfriend thought he was Asian, but she was mistaken. The officer was found to be Hispanic, not that it really matters. Sorry, but you're saying a lot of stuff that is based on emotion and not facts.

the shooting was on camera?
There are two different videos. The first one that was released was shot by the girlfriend and shows the aftermath of the shooting from inside the car. The second video was just released by the police and shows the lead up to the shooting and the shooting itself but not from a graphic angle. The cop was jumpy as hell and didn't give Castile a chance. Should have been convicted, but at the very least that pussy should never be given a gun and badge again.

After watching the video, it should have been obvious to the cop that he was going for his ID... that's what the cop originally asked, plus why would Castilo have told the cop about the gun if he was planning on using it on him?

On the other hand Castilo should have just not reached for anything and awaited further instructions once the cop told him don't reach for it. Things escalated way to fast because of poor judgment on both parties... but unfortunately one payed with his life.

IMO given the messy circumstances the cop shouldn't be criminally prosecuted but he should be fired from the police... or at least forced to work a desk job where he isn't allowed to carry a service weapon ever again.

He had a gun and was reaching in it's vicinity. That doesn't mean he deserved to get shot but it doesn't mean you can charge the officer either. The cop yelled twice to stop reaching before he shot remember

Unless people have a right to kill someone for reaching "in the vicinity" of a gun, then yes, someone who kills someone for reaching in the vicinity of a gun needs to be tried for at least manslaughter.

Back