Carvalho a bad fight for Machida?

opponent

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does Bellator use USDA?

Is Machida too old at this point?

if they keep it standing, Rafael could win. Machida should take it to the mat.

It depends on what Machida comes through. If it’s Mousasi-Machida Machida then he’s def got a good shot. But if it’s Brunson-Machida Machida then Rafael will KO him.

It depends on what Machida comes through. If it’s “Mousasi-Machida” Machida then he’s def got a good shot. But if it’s “Brunson-Machida” Machida then Rafael will KO him.

Now I’m not saying PEDs is the difference maker in those Machida’s. But I do think it’s quite suspicious that USADA happened around the same time Machida began to decline.

We’ll see what happens but Rafael definitely has a shot to beat him if it stays on the feet.

Let Machida bang bros!

Should be a good one. I got Machida.

Carvalho does better in more tactical fights so it might be a good one.

I still don’t have a great handle of Carvalho though. He has good timing, patience and economy but I don’t know how it really stacks up against a Machida. Mousasi ran through him very easily. Still trying to figure out if he belongs in these fights. Halsey is his best win but that was pretty much one strike in a fight he wasn’t doing well in. His Manhoef fights were too competitive for a champion. He might end up being an M’Pumbu type of former Bellator champ.

It depends on what Machida comes through. If it’s “Mousasi-Machida” Machida then he’s def got a good shot. But if it’s “Brunson-Machida” Machida then Rafael will KO him.

Now I’m not saying PEDs is the difference maker in those Machida’s. But I do think it’s quite suspicious that USADA happened around the same time Machida began to decline.

We’ll see what happens but Rafael definitely has a shot to beat him if it stays on the feet.

Machida body changed dramatically and then shocking coincidence after he pops and returns he declines dramatically.

He was using. Mma fans are legit the only sports fans that believe that dozens of athletes all took tainted supplements.

Machida works Carvalho as easy as moose did even without peds, and we all know bellator has relaxed testing. This is just to give him a respectable win on his way to a title shot.

if they keep it standing, Rafael could win. Machida should take it to the mat.
I'm a Karate guy myself but I've been waiting to see Machida work someone on the ground since the Soko sub. Lyoto's disregard for his supposedly formidable grappling skills (BJJ blackbelt) is something I don't understand...

Machida body changed dramatically and then shocking coincidence after he pops and returns he declines dramatically.

He was using. Mma fans are legit the only sports fans that believe that dozens of athletes all took tainted supplements.
I mean don’t get me wrong, I do believe he was taking PEDs. But it’s not my job to come to forums and tarnish his rep. Just not my style.

I'm a Karate guy myself but I've been waiting to see Machida work someone on the ground since the Soko sub. Lyoto's disregard for his supposedly formidable grappling skills (BJJ blackbelt) is something I don't understand...
It's age related bro. That's why you don't see him do trips and shit anymore. I still think he could ouptoint Rafael on the feet in his prime. Now I'm not sure. Also... geez. Is machida ever going to NOT fight a southpaw? That's like 6 southpaws in a row!!

It's age related bro. That's why you don't see him do trips and shit anymore. I still think he could ouptoint Rafael on the feet in his prime. Now I'm not sure. Also... geez. Is machida ever going to NOT fight a southpaw? That's like 6 southpaws in a row!!
Agreed, it nullifies his advantage as a southpaw. :(

I thought Bellator would give Machida a title shot in his first bout for them.

Hmmm..You´re aware that in 2015, Machida was already 37 yrs old, right?

Back