Carlos Condit not retiring, plans return this year

He can't retire until we finally get to see him fight Matt Brown.

It's sad. He's only 34. But he does have 40+ fights under his belt.

UFC should throw someone beatable at him. Like someone above has mentioned. He's been fighting pretty tough welterweights.

tumblr_mlh4dhi8nU1rv6ufko1_500.gif

To be fair, Condit has faced an incredibly strong set of opponents. No shame in losing to any of those guys. Condit can still beat a lot of WWs.
i totally agree, and if they are gonig to match him up with some easier competition ill be a happy camper. he needs a chill night for achange

I used to be worried about the guys who seemed to be on the downslide and not able to compete at highest levels anymore. But if you think about it, how long have some of these guys been going. If its their passion or need there is no way to stop them. Jut like old generation wrasslers, they never retire just downsize compaction. I remember some years back seeing a local wrasslin promo for a tiny gym downtown....Jimmy Snuka was preforming.

Basically it wont end till they drop or cant compete I imagine. Doesn't even really bother me regarding their legacies either.

So he's going to keep fighting until he ends on W?

Guy must need the money.

A once great record slowly being taken apart.
He doesn’t need the money. He’s independently wealthy outside of fighting. He’s loaded

Why though? Not like he's been getting knocked out left and right. He lost a controversial decision against Lawler, could easily have been champion... then got submitted twice after that (plus one decision).

The robbery against Lawler clearly affected him mentally. If he has regained focus, it could be pleasant for the WW division, even if just for some fun fights with no title implications
I’m just thinking of his health, he is terribly old in age and fight years. He already was peaking during his WEC time, it’s been many years since that. He’s shown signs of burn out and wear. He’s never been submitted until recently then it happens twice in near succession. He’s losing to mid tier guys. Those are bad signs. MMA fans have developed a bad knack for cheering on fighters in their 35-40s

The UFC needs to book veterans better.

Yea, Condit is not going to be champion again. But, why can't we have him in some fun fan-pleasing fights?

Seems better than booking CM Punk on the main card.
they only want to use veterans to build up new fighters.

Condit is one of my all time favorite fighters. I don't want to see him fight again.

Hate to see Carlos go out this way and really only a few years removed from being a top welter.
I think it's time for a change.Sometimrs complacency is a downfall to us all whether your a mmartist or a teacher.
I'd highly recommend him giving Hume or one of the Floridian camps a call and sit down and really figure out what he wants out of the remainder of his career .
The guy had ALWAYS had fighter in his DNA and I'd love to see him turn this funk he's been in around...... and in a big way.

Rebook the Matt Brown fight and both guys can tear down the house and then retire.

If he has to fight again, throw him someone like Mike Jackson. Someone really bad that he can just maul. Otherwise, force him to retire so I can stop hurting.

He needs to stop giving out takedowns like candy at halloween. He has had terrible fight iq since Diaz.

If he has to fight again, throw him someone like Mike Jackson. Someone really bad that he can just maul. Otherwise, force him to retire so I can stop hurting.

Here's Mike Jackson, a guy you just gave exposure to... who trolled you and the fans a bit, but his name is still out there... and you just go ahead and release him after you pay CM Punk a million dollars to lose to this guy.

Really feels like the UFC could be handling things better.

Fighting Condit would have been appropriate punishment for Mike Jackson.

Back