Carlos Condit not retiring, plans return this year

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Following his second-round submission loss to Alex Oliveira at UFC on FOX 29 in April, Condit (30-12 MMA, 7-8 UFC) posted an emotional message on social media explaining that his passion for the sport still remains, maybe his “time has passed.”

“The Natural Born Killer” has lost four consecutive bouts – and seven of his past nine overall – dating back to his welterweight title unifier with Georges St-Pierre at UFC 154 in November 2012.

MMAjunkie today verified with Condit’s manager, Abraham Kawa of First Round Management, that the fighter intends to continue with his UFC career, and will be ready to fight by the end of the year.

As a fan of condits, im not overly thrilled about this. He went from being captain granite to quite easy to beat. This news saddens me

I definitely think Condit has another run in him

#Diaz125

i saw that embedded with him and his family, i dont want carlos to get that cte. dudes been really not fighting well lately. Kinda wish he would go play king of the hill in bellator. Not saying hes a bellator fighter, but id rather see him winning there than losing in the ufc.

As a fan of condits, im not overly thrilled about this. He went from being captain granite to quite easy to beat. This news saddens me
To be fair, Condit has faced an incredibly strong set of opponents. No shame in losing to any of those guys. Condit can still beat a lot of WWs.

This is what happens when you try and compete with Starbucks

To be fair, Condit has faced an incredibly strong set of opponents. No shame in losing to any of those guys. Condit can still beat a lot of WWs.
The UFC needs to book veterans better.

Yea, Condit is not going to be champion again. But, why can't we have him in some fun fan-pleasing fights?

Seems better than booking CM Punk on the main card.

He had Brazilian Cowboy is some trouble, I don't think he should retire just take a step down in competition

THis is extremely sad news

Huge fan of his since WEC reign

The UFC needs to book veterans better.

Yea, Condit is not going to be champion again. But, why can't we have him in some fun fan-pleasing fights?

Seems better than booking CM Punk on the main card.
Fully agreed. I'm sure there's a few interesting fights for him left before he hangs them up. I'd love to see it, and see him ride into the sunset coming off some nice wins.

THis is extremely sad news

Huge fan of his since WEC reign

Why though? Not like he's been getting knocked out left and right. He lost a controversial decision against Lawler, could easily have been champion... then got submitted twice after that (plus one decision).

The robbery against Lawler clearly affected him mentally. If he has regained focus, it could be pleasant for the WW division, even if just for some fun fights with no title implications

Switch camps
Not cuz Jackson is bad but because he needs a change

So he's going to keep fighting until he ends on W?

Guy must need the money.

A once great record slowly being taken apart.

WAR NBK! Give him a rematch against Dan Hardy.

Back