Carlos Condit busy training hard, looking sharp:

Miss the days when Condit was in prime.

Getting robbed against Robbie really took the fight out of him. Would love to see him get back in the win column.

tumblr_na41lmwJQf1ry1rm7o3_400.gif

I thought he left Jack-Wink for Tristar?

Robbie's title run was possibly my favorite collection of fights I have ever seen. His whole title run up until he faced Woodley were FOTY contenders.

He is a bad mofo and so are Condit and Rory. Just Bleed.
<{JustBleed}>

Always wanted Robbie vs leben ):

Getting robbed vs Robbie or getting the shit kicked out of him?

Personally I think that fight ended both of their primes. Most damage inflicted and taken in a fight, both ways, right up there with Lawler vs Rory.

All three of those guys are team-violence GOATS.
Rory ain't team violence material. Dude's bitch made.

holy smokes 500 strikes thrown! didnt remember it being that much.

to put that in perspective colby went to work against rda and displayed some insane cardio, he threw like 360 strikes. 500 is insane.

if thats not the highest total in a ufc title fight idk what it. cant think off the top of my head where a guy could have attempted more strikes

fight metric has Sonnen attempting 434 against Silva, and a lot of that was pillow fisted strikes on the ground, but also a fairly large middleweight.

Condit clearly won 2 rounds. Lawler clearly won 2 rounds. The fight came down to how you scored the 3rd, which was a very close round.

If you can't understand that this is not what a robbery looks like, I can't help you.

You do realize they don't just pick a winner based on strike totals, right?

It's almost as if the 200 strikes weren't all relegated to 2 rounds and were landed throughout the fight, including the round in question. The difference is, I can look at the fight objectively instead of ignoring reason and statistics and resorting to saying things like "if you cant see my minority point of view, I cant help you"

I kind of thought he said he was going to retire. Hope he's doing it because he wants to and not because he has to.

fight metric has Sonnen attempting 434 against Silva, and a lot of that was pillow fisted strikes on the ground, but also a fairly large middleweight.
yeah, after i posted that i thought about sonnen. but like you said, it was largely pitter patter GNP that didnt do much damage on silva. where as condit was in a fucking war. very impressive.

I thought Condit won 3 rounds that fight. 5th round Robbie struck again and got the win though.

Yeah, those fights definitely take something out of you.

And Robbie fought Rory and Carlos one after the other.

He fought Hendricks twice before that and both those fights were brutal as well.

Miss the days when Condit was in prime.

Getting robbed against Robbie really took the fight out of him. Would love to see him get back in the win column.

tumblr_na41lmwJQf1ry1rm7o3_400.gif

My all time favorite fighter. To this day can’t bring myself to watch the Maia fight. Just hoping they give him a gimme fight for his last and a job commentating.

I remember thinking for a long time "If there was no GSP, Condit is probably the most dangerous guy in the division, but still has a number of dangers in a 5 round fight: like going the distance with prime Diaz, questionable decisions, a freak injury, or getting subbed by Maia."

That tough fight with Diaz earned him a shot at GSP and after he lost and GSP's mental edge was falling off, Condit was put in 3 a rounder with Hendricks.. Then had a freak injury Tyron took brilliant advantage of.. Then had a questionable decision against Lawler in a fight for the title...

Once he got booked against Maia after that, I thought "This is the most horrible Nostradamus'ing I've ever done."

Condit is still the man.

In b4 Diaz 1,3,5.
I love condit but regardless of the outcome he fought that fight scared. His war with robbie made up for it but rooting for condit that diaz fight made me cringe.

how come you arent attracted to condit? he's much better looking than conor. and not even a manlet either. i expected you to be posting about how chiselled, veiny and determined he looks, how he could easily have been a model but his macho mexican fighting spirit is too strong etc etc etc

20120205012527_20120202094546_IMG_89092.JPG
>>> 
Conor-McGregor-2.png
SXVS18y.gif

Someone post that funny gif of him looking at the camera and raising an eyebrow
Gotchu fam

Condit clearly won 2 rounds. Lawler clearly won 2 rounds. The fight came down to how you scored the 3rd, which was a very close round.

If you can't understand that this is not what a robbery looks like, I can't help you.

You do realize they don't just pick a winner based on strike totals, right?
I always hated when people put up total strikes as evidence, because scoring is round based. Yeah, Condit landed more strikes than Robbie even threw, and that's pretty fucking maddening, but it could all be weighted in the rounds he won.

Still, in round 3 alone, Condit threw three times more strikes and landed twice as many as Lawler.
iswLyEC.png

Also, I know there was an earlier sweeping invalidation of mma media scoring, so this might be worthless, but I know 76.7% of respondents on mmadecisions felt Condit won the third, as opposed to the 17.7% who thought Robbie took it.

Last edited:
Rock um Sockum robots

His timing was miliseconds off from going to sleep himself there.
I recall there was an interview with him after that fight where he said they'd trained to be faster than Hardy with the left hook so it was calculated.

Back