Carlos Condit busy training hard, looking sharp:

Is he training TDD??, because if he keeps not fixing that he'll get smoked like when he fought with Magny.
I love to see Condit fight but the Robbie fight took years of his life plus he's been training for almost 20 years and i don't want to see him struggling during his retirement due to CTE.

Someone post that funny gif of him looking at the camera and raising an eyebrow

He was robbed against Lawler but it was karmic retribution for robbing Diaz. The universe balances itself.

sucks that hes not financially stable enough to retire. hate seeing the UFC fuck over fighters like that
He's actually rich. Not everyone that fights does it for the money. The guy just loves the sport

No, not all judges suck. The one that awarded Condit the decision was reasonable. If you're going to ignore the majority opinion, fine, but statistics are another thing. Getting outlanded nearly 3 to 1 in strikes is pretty incriminating.

Condit clearly won 2 rounds. Lawler clearly won 2 rounds. The fight came down to how you scored the 3rd, which was a very close round.

If you can't understand that this is not what a robbery looks like, I can't help you.

You do realize they don't just pick a winner based on strike totals, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus he's still at that shitty ass gym in New Mexico? Sad.

IMO he deserved a decision against Lawler and should have been champ. At least a rematch should have happened. Sucks to see him where he is rankings wise. Dude needs to get to Bellator or Once FC ASAP. How many fights in his contract left?

Condit completely changes how he fights in title fights. He did it against Diaz, interim I know, and Lawler. He turns into a point fighter instead of fighting the way that got him there.

His loss to Lawler was his own fault. He threw strikes to win rounds instead of throwing strikes to finish the fight.

I got into MMA watching the WEC since it was free, and the fights were enjoyable to watch. So I was rooting hard for guys like Faber, Cowboy, Bendo, and Condit after the acquisition by Zuffa.

I was so sure Condit had the Lawler fight until the 5th round, when Lawler dug deep and badly damaged Condit. It was not a robbery. I've never see a guy take as much damage as Robbie did over 4 rounds, then pull out a furious comeback in the 5th. And it was a credit to Condit's granite chin that he survived that round.

Both fighters deserve mad respect.

I just wish that Condit got to wear an undisputed champion UFC belt before retiring.

Condit completely changes how he fights in title fights. He did it against Diaz, interim I know, and Lawler. He turns into a point fighter instead of fighting the way that got him there.

His loss to Lawler was his own fault. He threw strikes to win rounds instead of throwing strikes to finish the fight.

I agree vs Diaz he was totally kiting him the whole fight, which was hugely disappointing.

But Condit did so much damage to Lawler over the first 4 rounds. Not by landing bombs, but by surgically picking him apart with accurate strikes and volume.

He wasn't robbed you dumb pussy
Diaz been robbed against mr. Spamming spinning shits

I agree vs Diaz he was totally kiting him the whole fight, which was hugely disappointing.

But Condit did so much damage to Lawler over the first 4 rounds. Not by landing bombs, but by surgically picking him apart with accurate strikes and volume.

I mean he hurt Lawler, yes, but so did Hendricks and Rory, so that's nothing new. Just the way he threw his strikes made it obvious that he was content going 5 rounds, and that was his downfall.

Karma for a Diaz fight.
He's had plenty of karma for Diaz's lack of gameplanning. He lost the narrow decision to Kampmann (before), injured against Woodley, and somehow lost to Hendricks. Then the back and forth brawl against Robbie. The dude has done his time.

Back