Carla Esparza on Claudia Gadelha: ‘She greased before the fight’ at UFC 225

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
“She cheated in the fight; she greased before the fight. I was considering saying something to the referee in between [rounds]. I was going to say, ‘She’s greasing! She’s greasing’, but I didn’t really know how to go about it.”

“It’s pretty shady to me. I re-watched the fight and my hands were slipping right off. Even when I was trying to grab armbars during the fight my arms kept slipping down. She’s a cheater, but it doesn’t really surprise me. In my opinion, she’s been a pretty dirty fighter throughout, so it is what it is.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...eating-accusation-strawweight-womens-mma-news

giphy.gif

It's ironic considering Esparza intentionally headbutted Gadelha:
giphy.gif

Does anyone even like Esparza? Would anyone care if they never see her fight again?

Nope

A bit lame to bring this up now.

"I was going to say, ‘She’s greasing! She’s greasing’, but I didn’t really know how to go about it.”

Maybe actually opening your mouth and articulating the words ‘She’s greasing!' either to the ref or your corner, during the fight or between rounds could have been all reasonable ways 'to go about it.'

All the wmma threads and no sandwiches, something is terribly wrong in Sherland

What about Claudia's punch after bell? Is it make them even?
Except Gadelha didn't throw a punch after the bell <Lmaoo>.

A bit lame to bring this up now.

"I was going to say, ‘She’s greasing! She’s greasing’, but I didn’t really know how to go about it.”

Maybe actually opening your mouth and articulating the words ‘She’s greasing!' either to the ref or your corner, during the fight or between rounds could have been all reasonable ways 'to go about it.'
The highlighted part is why this accusation sounds like nothing more than nonsense.

Except Gadelha didn't throw a punch after the bell <Lmaoo>.

The highlighted part is why this accusation sounds like nothing more than nonsense.

Yeah, I don't buy that she recognized cheating but didn't know how to address it - that smells like bullshit to me.

Everyone talks about greasing opponents but i'm yet to see proof that anyone does it.
I reckon some fighters look more slippery than others but that's about it.

Lol what a sore loser

"I think my opponent is cheating but I'm going to tell absolutely nobody until after the decision and people think I should've won so it makes it seem more legit" get the fuck outta here with that

You can’t make these kinds of greasing accusations when the fighters get checked out right before they step into the cage every single time.

I could see her being a lil salty since she didn’t get the win tho

She could just be pissed... I mean she won that fight more clearly then Whittaker vs Romero, if there was a robbery on that card it for sure was this fight.

She could just be pissed... I mean she won that fight more clearly then Whittaker vs Romero, if there was a robbery on that card it for sure was this fight.

Lol she got dropped twice in round one, lost round 2 clearly. How she win the fight down 2 rounds? Because of the last round?

You can’t make these kinds of greasing accusations when the fighters get checked out right before they step into the cage every single time.

I could see her being a lil salty since she didn’t get the win tho

Lol she got dropped twice in round one, lost round 2 clearly. How she win the fight down 2 rounds? Because of the last round?

I think u are getting the fighters mixd up. Esparza got robbed. Imo Claudio would be the type to grease.

“She cheated in the fight; she greased before the fight. I was considering saying something to the referee in between [rounds]. I was going to say, ‘She’s greasing! She’s greasing’, but I didn’t really know how to go about it.”

“It’s pretty shady to me. I re-watched the fight and my hands were slipping right off. Even when I was trying to grab armbars during the fight my arms kept slipping down. She’s a cheater, but it doesn’t really surprise me. In my opinion, she’s been a pretty dirty fighter throughout, so it is what it is.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...eating-accusation-strawweight-womens-mma-news

giphy.gif

It's ironic considering Esparza intentionally headbutted Gadelha:
giphy.gif

Even her illegal headbutts are weak.

Wonder what I’ll have for dinner tonight... I might marinade some salmon and roast asparagus.

Nothing I hate more then when fighters make excuses after they get beat. If she was greased she had time between rounds to tell the ref.

Carla has to be one of the most irritating WMMA fighters. Up there with Ronda. Glad she lost.

Back