Carl Froch vs jermain taylor...who takes this?

Dude, Taylor's a good athlete, but he's just not a Warrior. That's what separates him from the "guys who put on a lot of pressure and have good chins"...because he is built to be able to do that and just chooses not to, would rather not to. He got bullied around by Kassim Ouma who was monumentally out-sized, and hasn't shown "Bad Intentions" since he beat up a ghost that used to be William Joppy.

Considering he's got a sledge-hammer jab, and a bazooka of a right hand, you'd think he'd LIKE Fighting more. But when you get backed up all night by Winky, it's obvious you'd rather box and not Fight. That's absolutely not a Warrior. He Fights alright when he's forced to, but again, not a Warrior.

Straight up.

It's so disappointing too because when Taylor lets his hands fly, he can be really devastating. That and he gives ground so easily, often when Froch came forward with a weak jab Taylor would just willingly retreat to the ropes.

Great fight, Froch hung tough and came on great at the end.

ya because steroids really enhance your boxing ability.

roids do a body good
James-Toney19.jpg

I think this is going to be a close fight and more of a chess match than a battle royale but I think Froch can take this one. Froch by KO mid to late.

^ Just as predicted. Never been that keen on Frochs attitude but I think he was humbled by Taylor in there and looked a bit lost at times and he was gracious in victory. He's certainly earnt my respect. I think a lot of his bravado is for his own benefit. If anything I think it's going to make him a better fighter.

Feel bad for Taylor but clearly his stamina is always going to be an issue. If the rematch happens I think Froch will take it more easily. I don't think Taylor has anything else for Froch that he didn't show in there tonight.

Anyway im just saying. There are alot of things you can question Taylor on. Like not knowing how to put a man on checkmate is his biggest flaw.

He put pavlik and Froch on check and had a good opportunity to end it and he didnt. Inthe Pavlik fight he went all wild and used up alot of his gas tank. In the Froch fight he was way too conservative.

I had an ugly feeling it was going to happen all over again when Froch got back up.

Oh well. I think Taylor just needs to finish a few guys and get the fear of not being able to finish the fight out of his head.

For hte record. Froch vs. Calzaghe would be nice. But i hope it doesnt happen. We dont need a 168 pound division where some of the top guys lost to a now-retired fighter. It takes away from division.

For hte record. Froch vs. Calzaghe would be nice. But i hope it doesnt happen. We dont need a 168 pound division where some of the top guys lost to a now-retired fighter. It takes away from division.

I don't think the fight would be competitive at all. It would be a total domination by Calzaghe. His speed and work rate would be far too much for Froch. He has a iron jaw as well so I don't see Froch being able to do anything at all to Calzaghe.

Kessler would be a good fight but I think Kessler would win. Again he doesn't get tired and can take a good shot. He has good power and would out pressure Froch.

The better fighter lost. Taylor won the second third of that fight with one hand.

Too bad. Taylor seemed like he'd made lots of adjustments and fought a good fight. Froch isn't going to be a champ for long.

Hes lucky Taylor tired himself out beating his face in.

If there is an exciting fight to be made at 168, its Froch/Andrade.

I like Taylor, Taylor does damage when he has to fight and he'll have to fight here.

Taylor by ko in the late/middle rounds.
Once upon a time, I believed in Taylor.

This was the fight that made me a Froch fan.

Man... Every time I watch the taylor Froch fight the ending seems so improbable

@Seano ... Pavlik vs Froch in 2008??
Froch by being more durable. Froch would have outlasted him.

Pavlik was no joke though. I think he's an underrated middleweight. Burned out too fast to be considered one of the greats but he was a good fighter.

Froch by being more durable. Froch would have outlasted him.

Pavlik was no joke though. I think he's an underrated middleweight. Burned out too fast to be considered one of the greats but he was a good fighter.

Pavlik in 07 was pretty durable. That fight with Miranda.
Or getting dropped by Zuniga and hopping right back to action.

You couldn't watch this fight live in the uk on any channel. They had to replay it because of the ending.

You couldn't watch this fight live in the uk on any channel. They had to replay it because of the ending.

Really? That's weird it wasn't live there.
After Frochs fight with pascal you'd think this would have been huge there

Really? That's weird it wasn't live there.
After Frochs fight with pascal you'd think this would have been huge there
At that point to most people he was the annoying prick who kept saying he'd knock out joe calzaghe

Back