Carl Frampton, Tyson Fury in action on August 18th in Belfast

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Jun 11, 2018.

1. MMALOPEZ

MMALOPEZ Silver Belt

2. MMALOPEZ

MMALOPEZ Silver Belt

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=35198

Carl Frampton (pictured) will defend his WBO interim featherweight title against against Australia's Luke Jackson at Windsor Park, Belfast, Northern Ireland on August 18th, on a card that also features Paddy Barnes (5-0) challenging Cristofer Rosales (27-3) for the WBC flyweight title and the second fight of Tyson Fury on the comeback trail. The 31-year-old two-weight world champion Frampton, coming off a big win against Nonito Donaire in April, takes on the 33-year-old Jackson (16-0), the Australian captain at the 2012 Olympics.

[No opponent named yet for Tyson Fury].

3. HardasNAILZ

HardasNAILZ Hard, always HARD.

Great match up for Frampton, Warren delivering quality opponents time after time after time - superb.
    Tyson vs Tyrone Spong

4. Goatenstein

Goatenstein Brown Belt

Great match up because the guy is an easy opponent with a good-looking record and Olympic captain or whatever of Australia.

5. realdealgeale

realdealgeale Blue Belt

State of Tasmania is gonna get its 2nd world champ (after Daniel geale. ) Odds 1.02 to $13 head to head is hilarious. Worth a dabble even if you don't know how good Jackson is.

ctrlaltdelete and Jonny Ninja like this.
  6. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Fun card. Glad Fury will be back again so quickly, but holy shit please at least make it a sparring match.

7. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

Never heard of Luke Jackson so can't comment. He'll have to be a bit special to beat Frampton though, who I would say is possibly Britains best current fighter. Gonna be a very partisan crowd as well

8. realdealgeale

realdealgeale Blue Belt

agreed that Frampton is special but I think Jackson could outwork him. His losses at the ammy's were always to taller guys. I'd love to go but cant get time off work ( my bro is close with Luke so will probably head over). I spoke to Luke a bit watching GGG v Canelo ( I'd flown home to watch him fight the night before). seems a pretty relaxed, unflappable guy so hopefully crowd doesn't get to him. He really hit it off with the Fury clan and the have invited him to come train with them for last fortnight before fight.

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  9. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

Glad to hear hear that he’s a good fighter and hope it’s competitive. People seem to be writing him off based on how good Frampton is, I don’t know anyone that has seen Jackson fight. The problem I think with a lot of the British cards are we have good fighters in one sided fights.
    Long fckin journey over so I hope your brother gets the result he wants. I’m sure he’ll love Belfast; lovely people just not very easy to understand!

ctrlaltdelete and realdealgeale like this.
  10. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Purple Belt

Im team Luke Jackson if ue wins this it'll be huge for him. Hope it goes his way

and online betting is illegal in the states where I am - and to go around the law I would need cryptocurrency fuck that. And bookies wouldn't give me good odds anyway.

sucks

realdealgeale likes this.