Careers in Cloud computing, SaaS, Salesforce (Cloud brahs gtfih)

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Are there any Sherbros in this sector? I have been interviewed for an iPaaS company, and thinking of the pros and cons of entering a new-ish industry.

How many of you develop Salesforce apps between benching teh 275's and banging Boise dimes?

Is there value if you have a Quant/Data Science or even a IT Security background and trying to be a Salesforce developer?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

education in this industry doesn't mean shit if you ask me. It changes too fast. impossible for any education to be meaningful aside from product orientated sessions/training. The idea of putting a requirement in of "University Degree" is idiotic.

"Cloud Broker" is where its at

I routinely work in a cloud-based environment, but I'm a Web services programmer.

Right now we are redeveloping statewide applications utilizing PEGA.

PEGA fucking sucks.

Don't really have any insight further than that.

I review/negotiate SaaS agreements and ISAs to a certain extent Ask me nothing

education in this industry doesn't mean shit if you ask me. It changes too fast. impossible for any education to be meaningful aside from product orientated sessions/training. The idea of putting a requirement in of "University Degree" is idiotic.

"Cloud Broker" is where its at

I routinely work in a cloud-based environment, but I'm a Web services programmer.

Right now we are redeveloping statewide applications utilizing PEGA.

PEGA fucking sucks.

Don't really have any insight further than that.

I review/negotiate SaaS agreements and ISAs to a certain extent Ask me nothing

I have now been scheduled for a round of three interviews, technical, customer service, and management. I don't know much what to expect. I don't have a strict background in dev, but my grad thesis was heavy on coding. Hopefully, I pass it and get an offer.

I have now been scheduled for a round of three interviews, technical, customer service, and management. I don't know much what to expect. I don't have a strict background in dev, but my grad thesis was heavy on coding. Hopefully, I pass it and get an offer.

Good luck Dickweed! Be aware that a lot of orgs are going hybrid-cloud with servers on the internal network, and servers on the cloud. Security is KEY

Bump. This thread has a whole new meaning now during the pandemic.

I am scheduled for a DevOps support role in a cloud-heavy company but I am not really a developer.

Is Snowflake® the future? What type of cloud certification should I get to secure a good career?

Salesforce is trash. I tried it out and didn't like it. I moved all my marketing and sales over to Hubspot. I guess a lot of older companies are stuck with Salesforce?

SaaS is the oldest of the three you mentioned. But, the meaning has changed drastically over the years. Should be money in cloud computing. The four latest buzz word tech areas are cloud, AI (ML, DL, whatever), Bitcoin, and the other one that I've forgotten.

I don't work in Salesforce, but my company partners with them in a few areas.

Cloud and AI would probably be good areas.

Most of the work I did is within MS Azure. I don't do any DevOps work though, mainly IaaS. And yes security is always important and even more so when working in a public cloud. It might depend on the company as to how much security knowledge a developer should have, as that maybe more for the architect to ensure good security practices are in place and new implementations meet security requirements. It can't hurt to improve your security knowledge though.

SaaS is the oldest of the three you mentioned. But, the meaning has changed drastically over the years. Should be money in cloud computing. The four latest buzz word tech areas are cloud, AI (ML, DL, whatever), Bitcoin, and the other one that I've forgotten.

I don't work in Salesforce, but my company partners with them in a few areas.

Cloud and AI would probably be good areas.

Is the fourth one IoT (internet of things)?

All of those buzzwords though have been buzzwords for the past 10+ years.

So did you get the job or did you blow it

All of those buzzwords though have been buzzwords for the past 10+ years.

So did you get the job or did you blow it

Was scheduled for an interview + exam but didn't want to learn a new language so I stopped the process. Got another interview lined up that's more towards my knowledge base.

Back