Career-ending / ruining moments

knockout-gif.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You never forget where you were when Brock broke the Streak.

242.jpg

I actually used to watch the WWF until about ‘87. Because it featured so many guys I had grown up watching live ( The wrestlers from Stu Hart’s promotion. Every Saturday night we used to go ). And, I did like the Undertaker.

Bret Hart...

The best there is. The best there was. The best there ever will be.

When Frank Shamrock was done with Zinoviev...Zinoviev's career as an mma fighter was history...​
That was a true career ender.

giphy.gif

Which is sad because Zinoviev looked very promising in other fights. I still have an old DVD where he runs through a Tournament effortlessly.

Hate to say it but Condit getting his leg kicked off by Woodley.

He was excited leading up to the Woodley fight putting his workouts, diet tips and all kinds of stuff on social media and after that fight looks like he just shows up for a paycheck.

Hate to say it but Condit getting his leg kicked off by Woodley.

He was excited leading up to the Woodley fight putting his workouts, diet tips and all kinds of stuff on social media and after that fight looks like he just shows up for a paycheck.

I think he checked out mentally after the Lawler robbery. And obviously the damage both took in that fight wasn’t good for them. Neither has looked good since.

Chris throwing that shitty spinning back kick in a fight he was starting to win again. This led to tons of brain damage and the loss of his title.

PitifulNecessaryCougar.gif

EdgarKOsMaynard.gif

Gray was never the same after this

He was 10-0-1 before this fight now he's 13-6-1 and 4 of those losses are knockouts

He went from an unbeaten title challenger who didn't win the title by the narrowest of margins both times to a guy who has been hanging around the fringes of the UFC barely avoiding getting cut

Jumping the gun on that one aren't we

Thats why I said "could very well"...

From all the comments that JJ has made since the loss, the most recent being essentially throwing her entire team under the bus it would appear that she hasn't not taken her loss well.

We saw what a trainwreck Rousey was after losing to Holm. By all accounts, JJ should be favored in a rematch but it really depends on where her head is at.

When Frank Shamrock was done with Zinoviev...Zinoviev's career as an mma fighter was history...​

I remember that fight. Up to that moment I thought that Zinoviev was called to be one the GOATS. The dude was a monster.
And then he got caught by Shamrock for that slam.

Also, Aldo's defeat to Conor was almost a career ending. He still came back to beat Frankie in great shape, but the magic was gone.

Everyone GSP has beaten.

That dude seriously ruins careers

Back