Career Counselor

Bme26

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm interested in reaching out to one to help me basically figure out what the hell I'm doing with my career. Ever since college it feels like I kind of fell into what I am doing right now.

During college, I had done a couple internships with the US govt in Commerce and Trade. This was a field I definitely wanted to get into in some shape or form. Though, I knew it would be pretty tough for me to get on with the feds at the time, therefore I decided I would try the private sector to help build some experience. Long story short, I basically started working in Logistics as Supervisor and have been in that field ever since. There is certainly a lot of aspects about the job I like, but between the crazy hours and stress, I can see it certainly becoming overwhelming and I kind of feel like I'm pigeon holding myself in this sector. I'm at the point now where I would like to go back to school for my MBA, but still work fulltime. It's just difficult, because I can't really envision what career path I'm really trying to take. It's like a lot of experts say, find a position you like to do in the future, and work on bridging the gap between where you are now and getting to that position.

But does a light bulb just go off at a certain point?

I just hired a career coach. Only had 1 session so I can't give an accurate opinion yet. I'm at a desparate time now. Laid off over 16 months ago and not a single job in my field to even apply to. I'm thinking a coach will help me picture other options that utilize my skills, or its back to school. At 43 I don't think I can do anything other than a 2 year diploma course.

This is a white folk thing, right?

So now that you have some experience, why not try again to get a job in commerce and trade?

I just hired a career coach. Only had 1 session so I can't give an accurate opinion yet. I'm at a desparate time now. Laid off over 16 months ago and not a single job in my field to even apply to. I'm thinking a coach will help me picture other options that utilize my skills, or its back to school. At 43 I don't think I can do anything other than a 2 year diploma course.
Don't feel bad.....I'm older than you and still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. Probably either a cowboy, fireman or astronaut...those seem like cool jobs.

Back