Career-Altering Submissions

Yep... Big John McCarthy left the Octagon for the booth after this

Gsn8zmN.jpg

After Mir-lock Pete Williams called it a career.

Holly Holms threw everything but the kitchen sink at Cupcake for 5 rounds, couldn't get her out of there. Cupcake got her against the cage, locked up the choke standing, Holly tried to throw her off and ended up getting choked out cold. Miesha took her belt and Holly is 1-4 since then, including that fight.

I don't see it, all the fights Holm lost after that were like 99% stand-up. Why would a submission impact her against opponents that didn't even try to grapple? In the eighteen rounds after losing her title, there was only one where she had to defend TDs (Valentina eventually took her down).

DC mentally breaks and retires one of the most feared strikers in UFC history.
ColossalEarnestCutworm.gif

Look at that tiny little finger tap lol. Soul = taken.
That fight was so dumb. Johnson did the only thing would cause him to lose. It's like if Khabib tried to box with Conor.

9eZee.gif

Conor losing to a LW journeyman on short notice. He was going to get knocked out before panic wrestling but whatever.

His invincible aura disappeared forever and it's never coming back...
That wasn't career changing, it was life altering. Changed Nate's bum life. First time he had a positive bank balance.

Last edited:
9eZee.gif

Conor losing to a LW journeyman on short notice. He was going to get knocked out before panic wrestling but whatever.

Right, it's not like he avenged the loss and then beat Alvarez, who all the haters said was going to wrestlefuck him.

Morons gonna moron.

Steve Cantwell destroyed Razak AlHassan's arm. One of the worst subs I've ever seen.

Ahh! The BarnCat! He was really good. Had some wars with Stann in WEC. This was tough to watch. I was a little put off with Cantwell for the celebration

Have to go old-school... Gracie vs One Glove. If you were old enough you wanted to train that stuff.

Ok I'll go there

829e3e2b12495af0b5.gif

As for the Cantwell armbar that stuff is horrible. People need to respect armbars I see too many people not taking them seriously and getting f*cked up. Like Sylvia, actually. Lucky Herb Dean stopped that or he probably would have had permanent damage.

Last edited:
9eZee.gif

Well no, but he's hardly been on a skid since, he's done pretty well for himself post choke, plus he took it with grace, people forget that.

paul harris never letting go has altered a few careers.

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Renzo Gracie, Pride 10

sakuraba-gracie.gif

Becomes another victim of the Gracie Hunter.
Arm broken and 1-4 in his next 5 fights.
That has to have been the latest stoppage in the history of combat sports.
Sakuraba had a polite conversation with whoever was in the corner for at least 10 seconds after he told the ref his arm was broken.
If that was PaulHarris, he would still have that arm in his mouth like a dog with a bone.

Ahh! The BarnCat! He was really good. Had some wars with Stann in WEC. This was tough to watch. I was a little put off with Cantwell for the celebration

The Barn Cat is Tamdan McCrory.

Back