Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

Gervinho

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Can someone explain how this lisping girl got the nr 1 song? I feel like everyone has lost their mind or is this just a troll job and the song is so bad that people decided to make a point by saying fuck you. Imagine this song coming out in the 90s when rap was actually good.

The song is trash. Absolute trash. She is a ratchet ass bitch who used to strip. Crazy she is actually blowing up.

Reality star + good beat + bad taste

She sounds legitimately retarded but like a lyrical genius compared to lil pump.

Yeah I didn't get it myself when I heard this.

I guess she's filling the Foxy Brown / Lil' Kim void I didn't realize existed... except compared to her they're basically Rakim.

I like Cardi B and she's from The Bronx but even I have no idea how this song blew up.

I thought this was a joke. Total trash. She sounds retarded. Hip Hop is dead.

giphy.gif

Is she black or middle eastern?

What does bodak yellow mean?
What does “Bodak Yellow” mean?
Cardi B’s record-breaking hit was inspired by Kodak Black, specifically his 2014 song “No Flockin.’” Cardi borrows his flow, and named the track “Bodak Yellow,” changing Kodak to “Bodak” because of the “B” in Cardi B. “My sister’s name, her name is Hennessy, so everybody used to be like Bacardi to me… then I shortened it to Cardi B, and the ‘B’ stands for whatever …depending on the day,” she explained on The Wendy Williams Show in July. “Black” is changed to “Yellow,” as she says she’s yellow in an interview with MTV News

Is that the song that bumped Taylor Swifts song from #1?

Both are terrible music.

What does “Bodak Yellow” mean?
Cardi B’s record-breaking hit was inspired by Kodak Black, specifically his 2014 song “No Flockin.’” Cardi borrows his flow, and named the track “Bodak Yellow,” changing Kodak to “Bodak” because of the “B” in Cardi B. “My sister’s name, her name is Hennessy, so everybody used to be like Bacardi to me… then I shortened it to Cardi B, and the ‘B’ stands for whatever …depending on the day,” she explained on The Wendy Williams Show in July. “Black” is changed to “Yellow,” as she says she’s yellow in an interview with MTV News

Her sister's name is Hennessy... that answers my question as to whether she's black or middle eastern.

I don't know who kodak black is either. But i can gather that he's also a rapper.

I do listen to hip hop, but mostly older artists. From the 90's up until 2004. So i don't know the new stuff that well.

Throw enough production at any hip hop/pop song and girls 12-30 will go ape shit over it. It's always been that way and it's why music has gone from a real art form to just straight trash.

Throw enough production at any hip hop/pop song and girls 12-30 will go ape shit over it. It's always been that way and it's why music has gone from a real art form to just straight trash.
All I'm saying..

Exactly. Factor in the budget and promotion from a major label to tell this demographic what they should like, and it's guaranteed platinum.

You could rinse and repeat this formula with another female rapper in a couple of years and get the same result, although Cardi B really doesn't have the voice for it. Her raspy, accented voice fucks the flow up. It's tougher to listen to as a result. Dare I say, Iggy Azalea even has better flow. I wasn't even sure that was possible for a label that should be taking itself seriously.

Exactly. Factor in the budget and promotion from a major label to tell this demographic what they should like, and it's guaranteed platinum.

You could rinse and repeat this formula with another female rapper in a couple of years and get the same result, although Cardi B really doesn't have the voice for it. Her raspy, accented voice fucks the flow up. It's tougher to listen to as a result. Dare I say, Iggy Azalea even has better flow. I wasn't even sure that was possible for a label that should be taking itself seriously.
Its kinda amazing how they can make her a star. Tells you they can make almost anyone a star

Back