Car accident insurance questions

method115

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Got into a car accident recently. Guy rear ended me pretty bad. I was scared at first cause he spoke no English and was saying he doesn't have the insurance in the car and it's not in his name but the car does have insurance. So I'm like uuh ook. Long story short cops arrive give him tickets find the insurance on the car and give me the info.

I put in a claim with his insurance, get my car inspected and they said they'll give me a call as soon as they find out who was driving the car. So today the guy calls me and says they aren't going to pay for anything because the guy driving the car wasn't covered even though he was driving the car and it's his aunts insurance that is covering it who he lives with.

My understanding was that car insurance always follows the vehicle and that not being the one to drive you car isn't a reason to deny a claim. I'm about to call my insurance and just put in a claim with them and let them go after the other company but what in the fuck kind of nonsense is this.

If he drove her car then its her insurance that should cover you. Hes immediate family plus I'm sure she allowed him to take the car.

If it was his car and he didn't have insurance it would be another story, but if she has insurance, it should cover you

If he drove her car then its her insurance that should cover you. Hes immediate family plus I'm sure she allowed him to take the car.

If it was his car and he didn't have insurance it would be another story, but if she has insurance, it should cover you

Yea that's what I thought. This is one of those rinky dinky insurance companies that are barely known as well. I'm sure they try and pull this crap on people all the time and screw them over hoping they'll just give up. I'm filing a complaint with the state about this shit.

Contact your insurance. They will go after the other insurance company.

Yea that's what I thought. This is one of those rinky dinky insurance companies that are barely known as well. I'm sure they try and pull this crap on people all the time and screw them over hoping they'll just give up. I'm filing a complaint with the state about this shit.
Good contact the state and the sketchy company may receive a call from your states insurance department and may get fraud or something along those lines (thats a major scare for an insurance company)

I wouldn't even hassle with the other insurance company. Just go through yours. That's why you have it.

You're good, as has been said, just let your insurance handle it...you don't need to do any of the work on this, let them handle it...

Sue Sue Sue..... Then file civil suits against the aunt, the driver sue the shit out of the maker of the vehicle.

Your insurance company will deal with it. They're going to pay, and they know it. They're hoping you just take their word for it, but they know they're fucked.

My insurance is on me and my car. It covers me if somebody else is driving my car or if I'm driving somebody else's car.

i find this thread really confusing. why would you go wasting time trying to contact the other guy's insurance? and filing complaints with the state, what?

are you just bored and need something to do?

Some of the cheaper insurance companies only cover the vehicle when certain people are driving, usually the owner and spouse or children. I've seen it a lot and unfortunately if it's a contractural exemption you may just have to take them to small claims or foot it yourself. Getting in a crash is a bitch especially when you aren't at fault.

I bet they were going through Fred Loya insurance. Scumbag company, just go through yours and they will go after the other company.

well if my gf drives my car, shes not insured, cuz she lives with me

its so they can make more $ off u by charging u more every month to insure anyone u live with thats likely to drive your car

You should also claim neck and back injury since you got rear ended unless you told them you were okay and no injuries smh

Lawyer up and get paid easy 5k

Back