Locked CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie (First Official Look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With it taking place in the 90's will Captain Marvel show up in Infinity War pt 1? And will they age her up?

With it taking place in the 90's will Captain Marvel show up in Infinity War pt 1? And will they age her up?
It has been confirmed since last year that Captain Marvel will show up in Infinity War [Edit: apparently that's not happening anymore]. There's a number of possibilities to how they address the age issue.

1. Maybe she doesn't age or ages slowly after gaining her new powers.

2. Maybe she goes through a time and space portal that transports her to the present day.

Man, I still can't get over the coincidence that I wrote a Captain Marvel movie treatment with the Skrulls as the villains two years ago and now the Skrulls are announced as the villains in the actual movie.

I have a feeling the ending to this movie is Carol leaving Earth to go to space.

Update: July 22, 2017

Skrulls are the Villains for CAPTAIN MARVEL; First Concept Art of the Costume and Other Details

They just announced that the villains for the Captain Marvel movie are the SKRULLS. (Hmm, I'm wondering if Marvel read my Captain Marvel plot outline)

They show some concept art of the Skrulls which is said to be similar to how they look in the comics.

The movie is set in the early 1990s.

Nick Fury will appear and will have two eyes!

First concept art below:

DFYa0YdUIAEBcHK.jpg

DFYd73kXoAApOqo.jpg:large

(Story is still developing...)

The Skrulls huh, I thought they went with the Chitauri because they couldn't use the Skrulls...interesting.

So now the MCU will have both the Skrulls, and the Chitauri, the Ultimate Marvel universe's Skrulls. Hey MCU, continuity much?

So now the MCU will have both the Skrulls, and the Chitauri, the Ultimate Marvel universe's Skrulls. Hey MCU, continuity much?

Don't see a problem.

The MCU Chitauri are generic alien mooks, not the shapeshifters they were in the Ultimate Universe.

Same sentiment with JadeOwl, don't really see a problem with it.

Someone posted ok Twitter another piece of artwork with a clear look at the Skrulls.

They should have the skrulls shapeshift into Deadpool, X-Men, F4, etc... knockoffs.

They should have the skrulls shapeshift into Deadpool, X-Men, F4, etc... knockoffs.

Fox, "We own the rights to those characters!"

Marvel, "It's the Skrulls shape-shifting to look like those characters, not the real Deadpool, X Men etc. See you in court, bitches!":D

Don't see a problem.

The MCU Chitauri are generic alien mooks, not the shapeshifters they were in the Ultimate Universe.

This. MCU Chitauri are CANnon fodder. Nothing at all like their Ultimate version, who were actually pretty cool. And responsible for the single greatest line Captain America has ever uttered.

Surrender? Do you think this letter on my mask stands for France?!<45>

More concept art of Captain Marvel fighting the Skrulls.

$

It has been confirmed since last year that Captain Marvel will show up in Infinity War. There's a number of possibilities to how they address the age issue.

1. Maybe she doesn't age or ages slowly after gaining her new powers.

2. Maybe she goes through a time and space portal that transports her to the present day.
There better be a good reason Captain Marvel has been around since the 90s yet in all the shit that's gone down she never once appeared to help out.

Apart from that I'm feeling the concept art and costume.

Update: July 25, 2017

Captain Marvel Will Not Appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Says Joe Russo

Z3jPesS.jpg

Among the massive roster of characters set to appear in next year's Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel will not be one of them.

Speaking to ComicBook.com at a press event for Marvel Studios following the exciting Hall H panel at San Diego Comic Con on Saturday, co-director of Avengers: Infinity War Joe Russo ruled out the possibility of seeing the heroine in the first of a massive two-part Marvel Cinematic Universe culmination. "She's not in Avengers 3," Russo said.

Of course, this leaves room for Captain Marvel to appear in the fourth Avengers film, which will follow the character's standalone film which several details were revealed for on Saturday. Nick Fury will be a key player in Captain Marvel, with the film "set in the early 1990's," and he has yet to lose his eye as he had by the time audiences met Samuel L. Jackson's portrayal.

"The villains of this will be the first MCU appearance of The Skrulls," Feige said.

Given the fact that the Quantum-realm will play a role in both Ant-Man and The Wasp and Captain Marvel, both of which are films releasing between the two Avengers films, it is possible Scott Lang or a member of his Ant-Man team discover Captain Marvel locked away in the microscopic universe along with Michelle Pfeiffer's Janet van Dyne ahead of her appearance in Avengers 4.

Captain Marvel Is Not In Avengers: Infinity War According to Co-Director Joe Russo (Exclusive)

Update: August 12, 2017

Better Look at Concept Art of Captain Marvel's Costume from Comic-Con

DHCr6jmUQAANnO_.jpg:large

There better be a good reason Captain Marvel has been around since the 90s yet in all the shit that's gone down she never once appeared to help out.

Apart from that I'm feeling the concept art and costume.

Not a fan of this Idea , but they could mash up Captain Marvel and the Sentry's story from the comics , basically the Sentry saved the world but circumstances led him to be erased from the worlds consciousness , a bit farfetched but it's possible.

I know nothing about Captain Marvel (Shazam is still the real Captain Marvel to me dammit, but that battle was lost decades ago).

How does the Quantum-realm relate to this character?

I know nothing about Captain Marvel (Shazam is still the real Captain Marvel to me dammit, but that battle was lost decades ago).

How does the Quantum-realm relate to this character?
In the comics, Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers is not connected to the Quantum Realm. But a quantum physicist consultant for Marvel Studios teased that the Quantum Realm will greatly affect the MCU, including the Captain Marvel movie. So I guess it's a likely scenario that Carol gets trapped in the Quantum Realm for decades and she's freed in Avengers 4 (so maybe that's why she hasn't aged from the 1990s).

https://www.inverse.com/article/320...tm_medium=on_site&utm_campaign=article-footer

Update: August 15, 2017

TOMB RAIDER Reboot Writer to Pen CAPTAIN MARVEL Script

OZF7phZ.jpg

Marvel has set Geneva Robertson-Dworet to take over and write the script for Captain Marvel, the Brie Larson-starrer that will be directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck (Mississippi Grind).

Meg LeFauve & Nicole Perlman originally were set to write the script, but LeFauve had to leave to co-direct the Disney Animation pic Gigantic.

That creates a big opportunity for Robertson-Dworet, whose script credits include the upcoming Tomb Raider pic for MGM that stars Alicia Vikander, and Gotham City Sirens, an expansion of the Suicide Squad franchise which David Ayer is looking to direct with Margot Robbie reprising her role as Harley Quinn for Warner Bros.

She has made the Black List twice, most recently for Ares, which got set at MGM and has Anna Foerster directing. SDisney will release Captain Marvel March 8, 2019.

Marvel Taps Geneva Robertson-Dworet To Script ‘Captain Marvel’ (Exclusive)

Update: October 24, 2017

ROGUE ONE's Ben Mendelsohn in Talks for the Villain in CAPTAIN MARVEL

HUfkXeR.jpg

Captain Marvel directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are in talks with their Mississippi Grind star Ben Mendelsohn for the superhero film’s villain.

Mendelsohn would play the film’s main antagonist, which would likely be the leader of the Skrulls. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige teased earlier this year that the aliens would be featured in the film. Brie Larson is set to star in title role with Kevin Feige producing.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet wrote the most recent script with Inside Out scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman penning previous drafts, which follows Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy projection, and flight.

At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Feige announced that the superhero film will be set in the ’90s, before the Avengers ever thought of assembling, and Samuel L. Jackson is expected to reprise his role as Nick Fury. The pic is expected to bow on March 8, 2019.

Fleck and Boden had Mendelsohn in mind when they first started plotting the story and once the two sides were able to meet, Mendelsohn quickly agreed to pursue the role.

Mendelsohn has been slowly becoming a go-to villain in Hollywood following his role in Star Wars standalone film Rogue One and the upcoming Robin Hood: Origins, where he portrays the Sheriff of Nottingham. Mendelsohn has also shined on TV, winning an Emmy for playing the black sheep of the family on Netflix’s Bloodline. Mendelsohn can be seen next in Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One.

'Rogue One' Star Ben Mendelsohn Eyed for Villain Role in ‘Captain Marvel’ (Exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back