Locked CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie (First Official Look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oqk594.gif
<24>

Lol.

There's only one director that can save the Batman movie.

frank_miller.jpg

#DragonOfSherdogForBatmanScript

tumblr_nphb9i6uMs1qksk74o1_500.gif

I don't know about directors, but if we're going the already established comic book writers route, i don't think Miller is the only one worthy of notion. Azzarello, Starlin, Scott Snyder, Judd Winnick all have great Batman stories, and would probably make amazing scripts. Now, whether that goes in line with what studio heads had in mind for Batman and the DC movie universe is another thing.

I don't know about directors, but if we're going the already established comic book writers route, i don't think Miller is the only one worthy of notion. Azzarello, Starlin, Scott Snyder, Judd Winnick all have great Batman stories, and would probably make amazing scripts. Now, whether that goes in line with what studio heads had in mind for Batman and the DC movie universe is another thing.
fuck it, at this point, Batman is such trash give it to Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith loves Batman so much, he'd sell his daughter, that he just made a really shitty movie for, of whom is named after a batman character.

Kevin Smith would time travel 15 years to when his wife was hot enough for playboy and sell that version of his wife, also, just to even be CONSIDERED as a possible director for Batman.

at this point, Batman is such shit, only a mega fan can save it.

fuck it, at this point, Batman is such trash give it to Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith loves Batman so much, he'd sell his daughter, that he just made a really shitty movie for, of whom is named after a batman character.

Kevin Smith would time travel 15 years to when his wife was hot enough for playboy and sell that version of his wife, also, just to even be CONSIDERED as a possible director for Batman.

at this point, Batman is such shit, only a mega fan can save it.

Lol, i mentioned Fatman as a writer of a Batman movie a few days ago.

Lol, i mentioned Fatman as a writer of a Batman movie a few days ago.

This is the man that made Tusk.

He is disqualified.

There has to be consequences.

The Frank Miller as director suggestion is just a running joke between Rama and me. ;)

Update: March 7, 2017

CAPTAIN MARVEL Production Start Date Reportedly on January 8, 2018

Brie-Larson-Captain-Marvel-030717-Dragonlord.jpg

Most of the attention at Marvel Studios is on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Avengers: Infinity War, but the studio is known for planning years ahead, and that is certainly the case with their upcoming solo Captain Marvel film.

Not much is known about the film's plot and casting aside from the lead role of Carol Danvers, which will be played by Brie Larson. The latest updated on My Entertainment World (via ScreenRant) might have given fans their first big update, though, as it lists the production start date as January 8, 2018, in Atlanta Georgia.

The studio has been clear that they will take their time finding a director, and preferably a female one. The good news is that the 2018 film date gives them some wiggle room (though not a whole lot).

Captain Marvel Production Start Date Revealed

Update: March 7, 2017

CAPTAIN MARVEL Production Start Date Reportedly on January 8, 2018

Brie-Larson-Captain-Marvel-030717-Dragonlord.jpg

Most of the attention at Marvel Studios is on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Avengers: Infinity War, but the studio is known for planning years ahead, and that is certainly the case with their upcoming solo Captain Marvel film.

Not much is known about the film's plot and casting aside from the lead role of Carol Danvers, which will be played by Brie Larson. The latest updated on My Entertainment World (via ScreenRant) might have given fans their first big update, though, as it lists the production start date as January 8, 2018, in Atlanta Georgia.

The studio has been clear that they will take their time finding a director, and preferably a female one. The good news is that the 2018 film date gives them some wiggle room (though not a whole lot).

Captain Marvel Production Start Date Revealed
Nothing against the ladies, but why not the best director available?

Update: April 19, 2017

MISSISSIPPI GRIND's Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck to Direct CAPTAIN MARVEL

ChOzJ6x.jpg

Mississippi Grind Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck have been tapped to direct Marvel’s Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson.

Since announcing the Oscar winner would be playing the titular superhero, the studio has taken its time in finding the film’s director. Marvel made it clear they wanted a female guiding the ship on this film’s voyage.

The studio had met with several contenders and sources say the studio not only wanted to make sure that the search was thorough but that the script was in the right shape before tapping who would direct it.

Kevin Feige has an eye for tapping talent that is ready to break out with James Gunn and the Russo Brothers as prime examples and it looks to be the case again with this duo.

The studio was looking for a unique point of view and they are heading into a new era films where they want to grow and change in a certain way that fits that new environment.

Execs met with the duo many times before the studio decided to go with them and time and time agan the pair impressed the studio with what they wanted to do with this character.

The two have the advantage of navigating the TV and film world and Marvel does see that as a strength when it comes to developing and shooting their films.

Best known for their character study dramas like Half Nelson and Mississippi Grind, Boden and Fleck have spent a lot of time directing episodes for such popular TV shows as The Affair and Billions.

Inside Out scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman are currently writing the script, which follows Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy project, and flight.

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/captain-marvel-directors-anna-boden-ryan-fleck-1201994270/

Update: April 19, 2017

CAPTAIN MARVEL Finds Directors in Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck

“Mississippi Grind” Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck have been tapped to direct Marvel’s “Captain Marvel,” starring Brie Larson.

Since announcing the Oscar winner would be playing the titular superhero, the studio has taken its time in finding the film’s director. Marvel made it clear they wanted a female guiding the ship on this film’s voyage.

The studio had met with several contenders and sources say the studio not only wanted to make sure that the search was thorough but that the script was in the right shape before tapping who would direct it.

Kevin Feige has an eye for tapping talent that is ready to break out with James Gunn and the Russo Brothers as prime examples and it looks to be the case again with this duo.

The studio was looking for a unique point of view and they are heading into a new era films where they want to grow and change in a certain way that fits that new environment.

Execs met with the duo many times before the studio decided to go with them and time and time agan the pair impressed the studio with what they wanted to do with this character.

The two have the advantage of navigating the TV and film world and Marvel does see that as a strength when it comes to developing and shooting their films.

Best known for their character study dramas like “Half Nelson” and “Mississippi Grind,” Boden and Fleck have spent a lot of time directing episodes for such popular TV shows as “The Affair” and “Billions.”

“Inside Out” scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman are currently writing the script, which follows Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy project, and flight.

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/captain-marvel-directors-anna-boden-ryan-fleck-1201994270/

Brie Larson is two reasons I want to see this movie:)

It's interesting because they have to go based on the character the Russo Brothers establish in Infinity War. Or one would think. I trust everybody involved, though.

There's yet-to-be released concept art at Marvel Studios apparently.

So they didn't trust to have just a female director they had her pare with a man. :D

Ah progress any way we slice it.

Now whats the scoop on this team ? This Ryan dude is banging Anna right, got to be let's not be naive here ? strange as dynamic to have your directors bang each other.

Russo brothers ? are you really brothers.

<24>

Yea.. even that giant monkey noticed her.

Then again she did nothing in that movie, just selling her imagine and now I guess name (Oscar) for a paycheck.

It's interesting because they have to go based on the character the Russo Brothers establish in Infinity War. Or one would think. I trust everybody involved, though.

There's yet-to-be released concept art at Marvel Studios apparently.

She either doesn't appear or if she does it just a little in the end of the first Infinity War movie.

Whatever.. like I said in the top message strange choice to have them 'bang' directors put in charge of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back