Locked CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie (First Official Look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure Fiege and marvel will make it good, I don’t doubt that. But on the surface it doesn’t sound good at all given the whole sjw vibe.
True Feige will make it work in the MCU in the comic books fuck Kamala Khan

I know in the comics whenever a character changes their superhero identity a new character is created to assume their old one, e.g. Carol Danvers became Captain Marvel so Kamala Khan was created to be the new Ms Marvel, but in the movies idk if we really need both versions. Although it sounds like her powers are totally different. It says in that article that she's an Inhuman? Considering the failure of that series, and that the Inhumans haven't been introduced in the movies, I wonder if they would want to change her origin. Did she undergo terrigenesis after Blackbolt launched the Terrigen bomb in the Infinity series?

Feige says this character "is sort of in the works" so I assume it will be some time before we hear anything concrete. Marvel Studios has had only the occasional speedbump so far, so they've earned the benefit of the doubt for me. I'll wait and see how this all shacks out before passing judgement.

Was never a big fan of heroes with similar stories/origins.

Spider woman - how many radioactive spiders are out there?? Why can’t we just have them bite everyone? Why are her powers similar to Spiderman wouldn’t it make sense for people to react different based on their genetics.

She Hulk - same thing as above

Not that I’m against adding more women to the Avengers. I feel the above 2 are a hard sell even though they are prominent female avengers in the comics.
I like this she hulk origin story: blood transfusion from Bruce when she was hospitalised.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kamala Khan in the MCU. However since they have not even introduced Carol Danvers yet, I assume Khan won't be around for a while. Unless they simply name drop her like Donald Glover did in Homecoming regarding his nephew, Miles Morales

Ms. Marvel will be introduced like that kid at the end of the last Star Wars movie:
KeRcG.gif

this-guy-is-the-last-shot-of-the-last-jedi-do-we-really-think-he-wont-appear-in-episode-ix.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Look at us we are so progressive with our Muslim Paskistan take on Ms. Marvel.... bleeeegggghhhh.

I've mentioned this before, but I watched the original Avengers in a theater in Addis Ababa.

Now, I'm not a very PC guy, but I got to admit, when I saw the "circle scene," I thought to myself:

"Hey, look, it's Earth's mightiest heroes. Apparently, they're a bunch of white folks. Heck, even the green dude is really a white dude."

Since Wakanda is supposed to be adjacent to Ethiopia, I was wondering why Black Panther wasn't at least mentioned. After all, wasn't he one of the originals?

I've mentioned this before, but I watched the original Avengers in a theater in Addis Ababa.

Now, I'm not a very PC guy, but I got to admit, when I saw the "circle scene," I thought to myself:

"Hey, look, it's Earth's mightiest heroes. Apparently, they're a bunch of white folks. Heck, even the green dude is really a white dude."

Since Wakanda is supposed to be adjacent to Ethiopia, I was wondering why Black Panther wasn't at least mentioned. After all, wasn't he one of the originals?

That's an obnoxiously stupid fucking observation.

"Hey look... A group of white people. Something must be wrong." Fuck you.

These were stories written in the 60's by Jewish guys at a time when the country was like 85% white.

I was wondering why Black Panther wasn't at least mentioned. After all, wasn't he one of the originals?
An original Avenger in the comics? No, the original Avengers were Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Antman and the Wasp.

I know in the comics whenever a character changes their superhero identity a new character is created to assume their old one, e.g. Carol Danvers became Captain Marvel so Kamala Khan was created to be the new Ms Marvel, but in the movies idk if we really need both versions. Although it sounds like her powers are totally different. It says in that article that she's an Inhuman? Considering the failure of that series, and that the Inhumans haven't been introduced in the movies, I wonder if they would want to change her origin. Did she undergo terrigenesis after Blackbolt launched the Terrigen bomb in the Infinity series?

Feige says this character "is sort of in the works" so I assume it will be some time before we hear anything concrete. Marvel Studios has had only the occasional speedbump so far, so they've earned the benefit of the doubt for me. I'll wait and see how this all shacks out before passing judgement.

Marvel could have a lot of fun if the Fox deal goes through. They could bypass the inhumans or the Kree and go straight to the Celestials influencing things.

They are different characters in the comics .
Ms Marvel takes her name just because she idolizes Captain Marvel. They have different powers as well,so it's not like she's just a brown version of the original. She is an inhuman that got her powers (shapeshifting and healing) in the terragenesis cloud.

She could potentially be interesting but much later down the road. They would definitely have to change her story to bring her in any time soon

who the hell makes these kind of observations lmfao. pretty sure they were white in the comic.

Yeah, BP isn't an original Avenger .
I'm a half black/jap dude so im obviously all for more diversity, but people complain about these characters as if they were just created yesterday.

The Avengers comic came out in 1963. There wasn't a lot of diversity at that time. Can't really blame the writers of 1963 for not creating ethnically and gender diverse teams of heroes back then. That wasn't the world they were living in. They were just barely getting past Jim Crow laws

Besides, in the video you posted, you forgot to mention who the Avenger's boss is...
download (2).jpeg

Update: June 25, 2018

First Glimpse at Gemma Chan as Minn-Erva from a CAPTAIN MARVEL Behind-the-Scenes Photo

DggymI6UEAACwUB.jpg

Sure as fuck hope no character in the script violates Ms. Marvel by asking for her number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back