Locked CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie (First Official Look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they don't make her the solution to Thanos in Avengers 4.

She picks up Hulk and throws him at Thanos.

The Infinity Gauntlet falls off Thanos' hand.

Nebula picks it up and turns everything back to normal.

She then goes "I'm going to take over the world" mode.

Carol picks up Groot and throws him at Nebula.

The Infinity Gauntlet falls off Nebula.

Howard the Duck picks it up.

Phase Four begins

My major concer is that she looks too small to really play the characather, I know its really difficult to find women over 5,10, that are pretty and can act, but just imagine that was Superman in the picture of the right looking like a manlet.

Scarlett can play the small/speedy russian gymnast so I see no problem with her heigh.

brie-larson-marvel-2.jpg

oh no no no. I mean they already pad the suits with muscles for the guys, and that's cause they're already fit and buffed as fk. They couldn't pad some ass in? Terrible.

oh no no no. I mean they already pad the suits with muscles for the guys, and that's cause they're already fit and buffed as fk. They couldn't pad some ass in? Terrible.

This is a hero for the ladies. She will do all the things the femanazis wished Wonder Woman did.

#1) Don’t look sexy while kicking male chauvinist pig ass.

Too bad Amber Heard was taken by DC.
She's version 2.0 of Brie Larson.
As for acting i really can't say who's better/worse.
Maybe Marvel's pitch is to not have someone unbelievably hot as Captain Marvel to avoid direct hotness competition with Wonder Woman and the Black Widow.

wait wut

Larson is 1,000,000,000x the actress of Heard. Larson won an Oscar for Room and has been awesome in several different roles. When has Heard shown any depth or range?

whoops missed a line in your post, but Larson is hot. Maybe not as hot as ScarJo or Gadot, but prime v. prime Heard isn't far ahead.

Update: May 12, 2018

Marvel Studios Has Plans for MS. MARVEL After They Introduce Captain Marvel

lvMWqtg.jpg

Carol Danvers isn’t the only Marvel headed to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has revealed in an interview with the BBC that Marvel Studios does have plans for Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel to make her way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, though he left the exact state of those plans pretty vague.

“Captain Marvel‘s shooting right now with Brie Larson,” Feige said. “Ms. Marvel, which is another character in the comic books, the Muslim hero who is inspired by Captain Marvel, is definitely sort of in the works. We have plans for that once we introduce Captain Marvel.”

Kamala Khan was created in 2013 by editors Sana Amanat and Stephen Wacker, writer G. Willow Wilson, and artist Adrian Alphona, first appearing in Captain Marvel #14 and then debuting in her own comic book series a few months later with Ms. Marvel #1.

Khan is a young Muslim girl living in Jersey City who idolizes superheroes, especially Carol Danvers. When a Terrigen Mist cloud wafts over the city, Khan undergoes Terrigenesis and discovers she’s an Inhuman. Her powers include the ability to change her size and shape and to heal.

Khan becomes a local superhero using the persona of Ms. Marvel, the identity that Carol Danvers left behind when she took up the mantle of Captain Marvel. Since then, Ms. Marvel has become an integral part of the Marvel universe superhero community, joining the Avengers, the Protectors, and helping to launch a new version of the Champions.

Ms. Marvel has already appeared in animation in Avengers Assemble. She’ll next appear in the upcoming animated movie Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, which showcases many of Marvel’s new generation of characters.

Marvel Studios Has Plans for Ms. Marvel Once They Introduce Captain Marvel

Brie has started to grow on me but then I noticed she looks awfully a lot like Joe Keery from Stranger Things when she has her hair pulled back. Cannot unsee it.

Eric Bana and Ed Norton should have cameos.

Eric should play a postman and Norton should should play "Random taxi driver #4"

Norton should play a guy that turns into Eric Bana when he gets angry.

Yeah, I don't have an issue with Scarlet, but that's also partly because she's usually in a full body suit.
And as you said, she relies on agility and such, and she does have the legs/butt to make her look credible. Larson is not terrible, but going forward, as more female heroes come aboard, especially ones with strength powers, they should look the part, imo.

But i think they can add muscle tone to the females and STILL keep males attracted to them. We don't necessarily need to go Linda Hamilton/T2 levels of veiny arms, but something like a prime Angela Basset. She has muscles, but she isn't over the top, or gross looking.
View attachment 379131
She isn't huge, but you can definitely see she has muscle.
Am I the only one seeing 3 boobs?
<{1-9}>

Yeah a bodysuit does potentially make a big difference, I mean I think Scarlett did put on more muscle and lose some fat for Ghost but still obviously benefited a lot from it.

Ghost-in-the-Shell.jpg

To be fair as well that character does show you that there's always been a fundamental difference in the way unnaturally strong male and female characters are presented. I mean yes superman is obviously vastly stronger a man his size would be but he's still a very big muscled guy relative to most men, female superheroes have tended to not push things that far, there generally in good shape but not so abnormally as the male ones.

Again the impression I get is that the costume we've seen thus far might be her pilots suit rather than her final getup, you could argue I spose that it might also be a bit of a reaction to most female characters having costumes showing off there curves.

I do wonder whether Marvel will look to show her as a "female superman", partly due to the problems the male character obviously creates in terms of lack of danger against anyone but the most super powerful villians, partly because they already have a super strong character in the Hulk whilst they've just potentially lost one who flys and fires energy beams. I mean Superman is Superman, you can't really not show him as having his extreme power levels because its in the public perception so much but this character less so.

You can add in as well that generally Marvel haven't looked to show really extreme powers for any of their characters thus far bar Thor with Stormbreaker and the Hulk at points although he obviously comes with serious flaws that could limit a "most powerful" lable. She could be considerably below superman but still be above anyone else.

Scarlett has got in better and better shape as she has aged imo.

Young Scarlett was not really appealing to me. Ya she had the big tits but her body was otherwise soft. We have seen her become quite fit in last few years and I would say her legs and butt are actually now her best feature. There is a scene in CACW right after the airport fight where she confronts Tony about how things played out and his stubborness and she is framed in the window from behind and it is a full on legs and butt shot and... damn.

Update: May 12, 2018

Marvel Studios Has Plans for MS. MARVEL After They Introduce Captain Marvel

lvMWqtg.jpg

Carol Danvers isn’t the only Marvel headed to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has revealed in an interview with the BBC that Marvel Studios does have plans for Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel to make her way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, though he left the exact state of those plans pretty vague.

“Captain Marvel‘s shooting right now with Brie Larson,” Feige said. “Ms. Marvel, which is another character in the comic books, the Muslim hero who is inspired by Captain Marvel, is definitely sort of in the works. We have plans for that once we introduce Captain Marvel.”

Kamala Khan was created in 2013 by editors Sana Amanat and Stephen Wacker, writer G. Willow Wilson, and artist Adrian Alphona, first appearing in Captain Marvel #14 and then debuting in her own comic book series a few months later with Ms. Marvel #1.

Khan is a young Muslim girl living in Jersey City who idolizes superheroes, especially Carol Danvers. When a Terrigen Mist cloud wafts over the city, Khan undergoes Terrigenesis and discovers she’s an Inhuman. Her powers include the ability to change her size and shape and to heal.

Khan becomes a local superhero using the persona of Ms. Marvel, the identity that Carol Danvers left behind when she took up the mantle of Captain Marvel. Since then, Ms. Marvel has become an integral part of the Marvel universe superhero community, joining the Avengers, the Protectors, and helping to launch a new version of the Champions.

Ms. Marvel has already appeared in animation in Avengers Assemble. She’ll next appear in the upcoming animated movie Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, which showcases many of Marvel’s new generation of characters.

Marvel Studios Has Plans for Ms. Marvel Once They Introduce Captain Marvel

Calling it. This will be the females Black Panther.

Everyone upset over Brie Larson's lack of ass... Jeeze.

Guys. She has naked leaks and even shows her complete naked ass in a thong in the movie "The Trouble With Bliss"

It's not the greatest, but it's pretty good. Her naked tits are better.

Calm down. There will be a skin tight suit.

Feige said that they're planning for Ms. Marvel after they do this movie. Karmala Khan in the MCU.

Was never a big fan of heroes with similar stories/origins.

Spider woman - how many radioactive spiders are out there?? Why can’t we just have them bite everyone? Why are her powers similar to Spiderman wouldn’t it make sense for people to react different based on their genetics.

She Hulk - same thing as above

Not that I’m against adding more women to the Avengers. I feel the above 2 are a hard sell even though they are prominent female avengers in the comics.

I’m stoked for captain marvel, but ms marvel is hot garbo imo.

What I think would be cool is if Clark Gregg aka coulson appears in the next one. I think that would be a nice full circle back to phase 1. Given that Captain Marvel is clearly involved with SHIELD and Fury/Hill are gone, coulson revealing he’s still alive to the original avengers and introducing them to Danvers would be a pretty legit moment- provide some spark to the Avengers who are in need of some inspiration. Considering his death was the conceit that brought the Avengers together for the big fight scene of the first film, I think it would be a cool element.
Guy this is such a brilliant idea, it would be a travesty if this doesn't happen.
nope, any good?
I only watched the Brie Larson thong scene on YT. 'Twas ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back