Locked CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie (First Official Look)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Table of Contents

Post 1-8: News regarding upcoming Captain Marvel movie.

Post 9-15: Dragonlord's Captain Marvel Movie Adaptation 2.0

Post 16: Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting Vol. 12: Captain Marvel

Post 17-22: Marvelous Measurements - Grading the Potential Captain Marvel Actresses

Update: July 23, 2016

It's Official: Brie Larson Cast as CAPTAIN MARVEL; New Official Logo

xH0kXk9.jpg

It's official: Brie Larson is reporting for duty as Marvel's first leading lady, Captain Marvel.

The Room actress, who appeared in Comic-Con's cavernous Hall H earlier on Saturday to promote Warner Bros.' Kong: Skull Island, made an appearance during Marvel's evening presentation to confirm reports from last month that she will play Carol Danvers in the 2019 movie, an Air Force pilot who gains powers after her DNA becomes fused with an alien after an accident.

Captain Marvel has had a meteoric rise as a comic property since a 2012 reinvention by writer Kelly Sue DeConnick, which saw Danvers (who had previously gone by the name "Ms. Marvel") find new direction and new respect as a superhero and member of the Avengers. The relaunch inspired much fan devotion, which fueled demand for the character to become the star of Marvel's first female-led movie.

The movie, which has a script by Guardians of the Galaxy's Nicole Perlman and Inside Out's Meg LeFauve, was originally announced with a July 2018 date, but was later shifted back to a March 8, 2019 release.

Comic-Con: Brie Larson Confirmed to Play Captain Marvel

Update: May 6, 2016

Captain Marvel Confirmed to Appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

DJ5Oid0.jpg

Speaking with Deadline, directors Anthony and Joe Russo spoke about their work on the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, saying shooting will begin before the end of the year.

“We already started them, a couple months ago,” Joe Russo says of the films. “We had to. We start shooting in November, two movies back to back. So we need two scripts ASAP, and we probably started working on them six months ago.”

“As soon as we got into post on this movie, we gave ourselves a few weeks to transition and then we spent half days with the writers, and half in the edit room, for months,” Anthony adds. “We’ll get the first draft of both scripts when this movie opens.”

In other Infinity War news, the brothers conducted a Q&A at the Smithsonian Institute (via Comic Book), where they listed off some of the characters set to appear in the film and mentioned none other than Captain Marvel by name.

When asked to clarify, one of the brothers reportedly joked: “Um….Captain Barvel. Totally different character.”

This is an interesting revelation since the Captain Marvel solo film is set to arrive March 8, 2019, between the two “Infinity War” movies. In addition, an actress for the character has yet to be officially announced.

Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely will pen the scripts for the two features which directors Anthony and Joe Russo will film entirely in IMAX. Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 is slated for release in theaters on May 4, 2018; Part 2 will open on May 3, 2019.

The Russo Bros. Talk Avengers: Infinity War Start Date, Reveal Captain Marvel Will Appear

Update: November 14, 2015

Dragonlord's Captain Marvel Candidate #33: Sarah Dumont

pD8UXkh.jpg

Ladies and gents, meet Sarah Dumont (mine!). She's like a cross between Blake Lively and Caity Lotz. The 5'10" model-turned-actress is a relative unknown to the general public (she doesn't even have a Wiki page) but she is one of my top choices to play Carol Danvers a.k.a. Captain Marvel. The long-legged bombshell has the physical requirements to play the Marvel superheroine. Her age is not listed but after some snooping, I found out that she's 25 years old (born in 1990) which is an ideal age for someone to carry the superhero franchise for a very long time.

Sarah did a few guest stints on television and was part of the cast of the short-lived web series Oh, You Pretty Things! Her few film minor roles include Bad Ass 2 and Don Jon. Sarah's biggest break yet is landing one of the leads in Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, which opened 2 weeks ago. Incidentally, she is already in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (sort of) when she appeared as an extra (credited as 'beautiful woman') in the first episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"I don't like to do things most girls do," Sarah said in an interview with Men's Fitness. "I don’t like shopping—I find it extremely annoying. I'd rather spend my money on beer and go watch a game." On a first date, she says, "I don't want to sit down at a nice restaurant. It's sweet that you think I'm worth an expensive meal, but it also seems like you’re trying to buy your way into my pants. I’d rather play some pool or watch a game."

"I have a little boxing gym in my house - a speed bag, a heavy bag, some light cardio equipment, weights, a jump rope - all that jazz," she said to Maxim on how she keeps in shape. "It keeps me calm and centered, and yoga is so boring I fall asleep."

As I said before, Sarah is a relative unknown. Her IMDb profile is very bare, with "grew up in a military family" and "ranked #60 on Maxim's Hot 100 of 2014 list" as the only info so far. I checked and this is the first time she is personally mentioned in Sherdog but expect to hear more of her name in future fan casting from the public after this piece. Sarah would also be terrific in other superhero, action and fantasy roles out there.

xt4E8Su.jpg

B9qECE0.jpg

7jzMOyx.jpg

yesdpkL.jpg

SjU9EDm.jpg

To see the rest of the actresses for the Captain Marvel role and their grades, click HERE.

Update: October 13, 2015

Ronda Rousey Reveals Her Plan to Win Captain Marvel Role

BErWEau.jpg

Ronda Rousey is one of the most celebrated fighters in the world and she isn't pulling any punches when it comes to her career in Hollywood. The 28-year-old MMA fighter and UFC Women's Bantamweight champion has taken on progressively bigger roles from Expendables 3 to Entourage to Furious 7, and it's all moving toward one major goal.

"I'm really looking forward to doing my first starring role opposite Mark Wahlberg," said Rousey, who is starring with Wahlberg in Mile 22. "Hopefully by the time Captain Marvel comes around, I will have enough experience and skills in the field for them to really seriously consider me."

If Beyonce has anything to say about it, Rousey would have her pick of the litter in terms of movie roles. The pop diva played Rousey's viral speech on self-worth during a concert last month. "When I heard that Beyonce even knew that I existed I was like, 'What! She even knows that I'm alive?'" Rousey said with a giggle.

She's been announced as the star of Nick Cassavetes' Round House remake, which she revealed was a long time in the making. "I was pursuing Road House for like two years," she said. "I really don't think that any other man could be [Patrick Swayze]. I think that it's a wise angle to take to kind of do a little gender flip of the role."

Ronda Rousey Reveals Her Strategy for Winning the Role of 'Captain Marvel' - ET

Update: October 1, 2015

Kevin Feige Loves Ronda Rousey's CAPTAIN MARVEL Campaign

uYMzQgd.jpg

Ronda Rousey has been talking recently - and often - about how much she wants to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In fact, she wants to play Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers, who will get her own feature film and should play a role in future Avengers films. Well, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has heard her talking.

"I love it," Feige told IGN at the Avengers: Age of Ultron blu-ray release event. "[Actors campaigning like that] happens occasionally, and I think that's a testament to the strength of the characters."

"You look at the ways we've cast our films in the past and it's always about who's the best person to inhabit the character, whether that is an actor like Chris Hemsworth who bulks up, or a wrestler like Dave Bautista who played Drax who ends up being an amazing performer, an amazing actor and a clever and witty and pointed comedic actor," Feige said.

"For us, it's sitting down with people and starting to meet people and as the script takes shape and as we start to build who the character should be and finding the right person to match it up," he added. "We haven't necessarily started sitting down with people yet and meeting on that part."

Marvel's Kevin Feige Loves UFC Fighter Ronda Rousey's Captain Marvel Campaign

Update: October 1, 2015

Kevin Feige Talks CAPTAIN MARVEL Casting, Reading Fan-Casts

JZKmJNi.jpg

You can strike a Captain Marvel casting announcement off your Christmas list as Marvel President Kevin Feige says the studio isn't close to deciding who should play the immensely-powerful female superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"There won't be any announcements about that this year," Feige told MTV at a Marvel event promoting the home release of Avengers: Age of Ultron. "I think right now we're scripting the film, figuring out who we want Carol Danvers to be, and really what the structure of the movie will be and what her part will be in some of our other Phase 3films. And it would be next year that we start to really think about casting."

"I think getting the character right first is going to lead the charge," he added, "We want to make sure we know who it is before we can start figuring out who should play it."

Feige's got screenwriters Meg LeFauve (Inside Out) and Nicole Perlman (Guardians of the Galaxy) working on the script at the moment -- describing them as "great" and "amazing" writers.

For those of you that enjoy making fan-casts, good news for you. Kevin Feige admitted that "when a fan list comes out - we look at it!" See, now you can tell your friends that you didn't waste your time putting together a Marvel dream cast.

"We read it, we go through it, we read the comments, we look at who people like," Marvel film producer Jeremy Latcham verified. "Sometimes it's really enlightening. Sometimes it's the exact same person that they've been saying over and over again that we don't think is right. It's always fun to kinda go through it and see what people are up to."

Kevin Feige Talks Captain Marvel Casting and Appearances In Other Phase 3 Films

Update: September 10, 2015

Rebecca Ferguson at Top of Marvel's List for CAPTAIN MARVEL?

N0n78yt.jpg

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation actress Rebecca Ferguson may be the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Captain Marvel. A report from Heroic Hollywood has Ferguson at the top of Marvel's list of actresses for the role of Captain Marvel, though there was no confirmation of whether Marvel Studios has made her an offer.

As noted by Heroic Hollywood, Ferguson was up for the role of Belladonna in Fox's Gambit movie, but passed to take a role in Tate Taylor-directed The Girl on the Train co-starring Emily Blunt instead. It's possible that Ferguson passed on the supporting role in Gambit at least in part because she hopes to land the lead in Captain Marvel.

Ferguson had a real breakout role in Rogue Nation, so it shouldn't be a surprise that Marvel has taken notice. The 31-year-old Swedish actress is best known for her lead role as Elizabeth Woodville in television series The White Queen. Ferguson most recently wrapped the Stephen Frears-directed Florence Foster Jenkins, opposite Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant.

Rumor: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Breakout Star Up for Captain Marvel Role

Update: August 19, 2015

Kevin Smith Backs Ronda Rousey for CAPTAIN MARVEL Role

U0QAwPl.jpg

Mallrats director Kevin Smith shared his support for Ronda Rousey, explaining how well she would fit the starring role of Captain Marvel and why she would make a great superhero, during a conversation with TMZ.

"See her in that picture? Come on! You don't even need to think at this point. There's an image; we can see it. She looks amazing. Lord knows she's one of the only people who would play a superhero that could actually beat the shit out of somebody. I would like to see it happen. She seems like she's got a good head on her shoulders. She followed her dream and, holy shit, she's an ass-kicker. If that doesn't sound like a superhero, I don't know what is."

Rousey, who recently shared her wish to play Captain Carol Danvers in an Ask Me Anything session with fans, made her desire for the role a bit more pronounced Saturday when she shared fan art showing herself illustrated in the full Captain Marvel regalia.

Mallrats Director Kevin Smith Supports Ronda Rousey for the Captain Marvel Role

Update: August 15, 2015

Ronda Rousey Shares Fan Art of Herself as CAPTAIN MARVEL / MS. MARVEL

1Y3jvsE.jpg

LtA6CGn.jpg

Ronda Rousey Shares Fan Art of Herself as CAPTAIN MARVEL / MS. MARVEL

Update: August 11, 2015

Ronda Rousey Reveals She Would Like to Play MS. MARVEL

pQglapu.jpg

The world already knew that Ultimate Fighting Champion Ronda Rousey was a Super Saiyan from Dragon Ball Z, but what if she was also one of the Marvel Universe's mightiest superheroes?

Always looking for that next level, Rousey has revealed that she would love to play the Marvel Comics character Miss Marvel in a movie. When a Reddit user asked Rousey which superhero she'd love to play, Rousey responded "A lot of the good ones have been taken, but I'd like to vie for Miss Marvel!"

While Rousey said "Miss Marvel," she most likely meant "Captain Marvel," a.k.a. Carol Danvers, who has a movie slated with Marvel Studios in 2018. It's a reasonable mistake, however. Carol Danvers went by the moniker Miss Marvel for years, before adopting the official Captain Marvel identity back in 2012. And given Rousey's budding acting career, it's possible that the role could happen.

Rousey, who recently rocked the world in a 34-second knockout UFC match last weekend, is also an unabashed geek, with equal love for Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, and Game of Thrones.

UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey Wants to Play Ms. Marvel

Update: April 15, 2015

Angelina Jolie Under Consideration to Direct CAPTAIN MARVEL

XJ5WBE7.jpg

Warner Bros.' Wonder Woman just lost director Michelle MacLaren, and Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel hasn't named a director yet. A couple months ago, it was reported that Angelina Jolie was circling Captain Marvel, and Collider now has confirmation that she's definitely under consideration for the job. Collider is also hearing that there's the possibility she could direct Wonder Woman now that MacLaren has left the project. Only one studio can get Jolie since Wonder Woman is due in 2017 and Captain Marvel is coming in 2018.

There are also the obvious questions of whether she wants to do either movie. She's currently attached to direct Africa starring Brad Pitt, but while production was poised to get underway this summer, that project may be falling apart over financing issues. If it does, her schedule is wide open to direct Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman.

Jolie is a terrific choice from an optics standpoint. In addition to a strong female director telling the story of a strong female superhero, she has the profile to attract non-comic book fans. The press loves her, she has no problem doing interviews, she's personable, and that's all essential to bringing the property to a larger audience. She will probably be the bigger star than whoever's cast as Captain Marvel, and that's a big asset to the studio. Jolie also gained a little experience crafting action set pieces and using extensive visual effects on Unbroken, so it's not like she's going from a minor indie to a tent-pole picture.

[Update: Patty Jenkins (Monster) has been officially chosen to direct the Wonder Woman movie.]

Could Angelina Jolie Direct Marvel's 'Captain Marvel' or WB's 'Wonder Woman?

Update: April 13, 2015

Nicole Perlman and Meg LeFauve to Write CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie

XyeeN08.jpg

Nicole Perlman, who co-wrote Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy, and Meg LeFauve, who co-wrote Pixar's upcoming Inside Out, are in negotiations write Captain Marvel, one of Marvel's key projects as it is serving as the company's first female-driven movie. The project was revealed during the studio's frothy late October announcement and has a release date of July 6, 2018. No director is involved at this stage.

Interestingly, Perlman and LeFauve are not a writing team but are being turned into one for this project. Both impressed Marvel's Mr. Fantastic, Kevin Feige, with their separate takes; Feige and his team thought it best to combine the two for sensational results results. This is opposite of double development, a practice used by Warner Bros. for their DC projects in which writers are hired to work on two separate scripts with the goal of meshing them down the line.

Perlman was part of Marvel's early screenwriting program and worked on the initial draft of Galaxy. She is now also writing a comic for Marvel, Gamora, based on the Guardians character. LeFauve is a producer with credits such as the very un-comic book movie indie The Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys on her curriculum vitae and has a past that involves running Egg Pictures, the former production banner of Jodie Foster.

'Captain Marvel' Movie Targets 'Inside Out' and 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Writers

Update: April 11, 2015

Captain Marvel Originally Set to Appear in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

XGqHjLs.jpg

Don't get your hopes up to see new superhero Captain Marvel introduced in the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron. No, it's not misdirection, there are no sly, "Hi, I'm Carol" lines thrown in there. She's not in it. However, that wasn't always the case. At a press day ahead of the film's release, Marvel chief Kevin Feige told MTV News that Captain Marvel was, "in an early draft of the script, yes."

The new superhero, who is slated for a solo film in November 2018, would have appeared briefly in a key sequence toward the end of the film, but was cut for story reasons. Mainly: the character hasn't been cast yet, nor has her look been solidified.

"In one draft, we had her in there," Feig revealed. "But it didn't seem appropriate to have this new person coming out of nowhere at the end of this story. It would've been a disservice to her; by the time this movie was coming out, people already knew that was coming anyway."

"It didn't feel like the time," Feige said. "We didn't want to introduce her fully formed flying in a costume before you knew who she was or how she came to be." Right now, Feige said, the studio is focused on finding the writers for the Captain Marvel film, "and we're very close." As for casting, the process is in its "very early days."

Kevin Feige Explains Why the Captain Marvel Scene Was Cut from 'Age Of Ultron'

Dragonlord's CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie Adaptation 2.0

NFY8YSY.jpg

This is my revised script for the Captain Marvel movie. There are a few major changes from the original story I made back in 2015. Gone are the numerous Avengers appearances. The main character has a more personal journey. Overall, I think this is significantly better than the first adaptation I made.

Rick Jones used to be a key Marvel supporting character sharing a rich history with the Hulk, Captain America and Captain Marvel. Thought it would be cool to finally utilize Rick in here since Marvel Studios doesn't seem to care about the character.

As for the plot summary of the movie, I tried to be brief and concise with some while others are a bit more detailed. Most of the action scenes and character development are just glossed over, leaving the imagination up to the reader.

Important: If you see a YouTube video, play it. The music is specifically designed to compliment the story. Thanks.

Last edited:
The movie starts with an exciting action-packed sequence involving a S.W.O.R.D. raid on a secret Skrulls base in an office building in Dallas, Texas. The Skrulls are alien shapeshifters and the bad guys for this movie. S.W.O.R.D. (Sentient World Observation and Response Department) is a counterterrorism and intelligence agency whose purpose is to deal with extraterrestrial threats to world security.

Leading the raid is Captain Carol Danvers with thirty S.W.O.R.D. agents. She and four other agents, informally dubbed the “Exo Squad,” [work in progress name] are injected with an experimental enhancement serum called KRX3 that gives the recipient three times the abilities of a man in peak physical condition. The effects last only for a few minutes. Only a very select few of people in the world seem to be compatible with the serum.

Abigail Brand, a half-alien S.W.O.R.D. agent, is also among the assault team. Accompanying the raid and part of the support team are tech wizard Rick Jones and Dr. Walter Lawson, the creator of the experimental KRX3 serum.

[Play the video]

The raid team encounters resistance from the Skrulls which results in a firefight. The Exo Squad cuts through the Skrulls like butter (think Captain America and Winter Soldier against normal armed opponents). A Skrull detonates a bomb which takes out a chunk of the top floor and kills several S.W.O.R.D. agents. Abigail survives the blast but is dangling on with one hand holding a steel bar while the other holding Rick Jones. A trio of Skrulls approach Abigail and Rick to finish them off.

Abigail yells for assistance. The chopper doesn’t have a clear shot at the Skrulls trio. Carol, who is on the other side of the building and out of ammo, asks what floor Abigail is on and orders the sniper from the chopper to drop his rifle on her mark. Carol's wrist watch beeps an alarm indicating that the KRX3 serum will wear off in a few seconds.

In an exhilarating action sequence, Carol runs up a flight of stairs and gives the command to the sniper to drop his rifle. She jumps out of the window. She catches the rifle in mid-air, lands on the other side of the building and shoots the Skrulls. A second later, her KRX3 boost expires.

After the raid, the scene changes to the S.W.O.R.D. headquarters where we are introduced to the insufferable asshole and head of the organization, Director Henry Peter Gyrich. We get to see Carol interacting with Rick, Abigail and Walter. She’s tight friends with Rick. There is chemistry between her and Walter but Walter never takes it further. In the locker room, Abigail thanks Carol for saving her life. Carol responds coldly and leaves. One of the girls consoles Abigail, saying to not take it personally since Carol has trust issues ever since the incident in New York.

That night, the Exo Squad and Walter mourn for their fellow comrades in a bar. They’re in a table, drinking, laughing and telling their war stories. Carol mentions her distrust and dislike of all aliens. Without missing a beat, Carol asks who is packing their weapons. The Exo Squad nods and acknowledges the ten potential threats hanging around the bar for the past 10 minutes.

6143725f57003854a76d99226bc5bd6d.jpeg

Turns out their suspicions were correct as some of the bar customers turned out to be Skrull agents. After a brief shootout, all the Skrull attackers are killed. The team leave through the bar’s backdoor. Outside, they encounter more human-disguised Skrulls including Kleiser, the leader of the Skrulls forces on Earth. Kleiser introduces himself and proposes that they hand over Walter to the Skrulls and the Exo Squad gets to walk away unharmed. Kleiser explains Dr. Lawson has been a major thorn to their operation.

The Squad rejects the offer. Kleiser scoffs at them, saying they don't even know Walter really is. A shootout ensues. Two of the Exo Squad members are killed. Carol tells Walter to leave while they cover him. Walter flees. Carol gets shot and goes down. The last two remaining members of the Exo Squad put up a good fight but are eventually killed.

Carol is crawling and bleeding profusely. Walter returns with his car and blasts the Skrulls with some never-before-seen high-tech weaponry that baffles Carol. Walter gets Carol in the car and they drive away. Walter explains to Carol that she’s dying and they need to go to his nearby warehouse to save her life. Carol blacks out.

When Carol wakes up, she finds herself in strange, advanced state-of-the-art laboratory inside Walter’s warehouse. Walter reveals to her that his real name is Mar-Vell and he is secretly an alien from the Kree Empire sent to Earth to monitor Skrull activities. The Kree and Skrulls have been in conflict for thousands of years. Unbeknownst to the Kree Empire, Mar-Vell has been secretly experimenting ways to create human super soldiers to help mankind in their inevitable war against the Skrulls.

Suffering from extreme blood loss, Carol was given an emergency blood transfusion by Mar-Vell who is genetically congruent with her. While posing as Dr. Walter Lawson for years, Mar-Vell began screening humans who are genetically compatible with the serum and Carol is one of the very rare persons who is a match.

Kleiser and an army of Skrulls show up outside Walter's warehouse. Unable to get past the lot's hi-tech defenses, Kleiser decides to detonate a Gene Bomb. Seeing the situation from his monitors, Mar-Vell realizes that they are surrounded and can't fight their way out. Mar-Vell injects Carol with a new and more powerful but untested KRX10 serum he has been working. He puts her in his family-crested space suit and places her in his stasis pod to give her a better chance of surviving the Gene Bomb blast.

16iwgab.jpg

The Gene Bomb goes off and Carol witnesses Mar-Vell vaporized. Her stasis pod eventually shatters and she is also engulfed in the blast. Moments later, Carol rises from the rubble transformed. The Skrulls attack her. With a mix of confusion, anger and joy, Carol dispatches her attackers with her newfound powers. The Skrulls unleash a 20-foot war-bot but Carol prevails. Kleiser and the rest of the Skrulls escape.

A couple of teenagers capture the battle in their phones. When asked by one of the teens what her superhero name is, a groggy Carol instinctively answers "Captain..." but stops midway. She thinks about Mar-Vell and his sacrifice. "…Marvel," she finishes.

Back in S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters, Carol is debriefed on what transpired. While waiting in the interrogation room, Carol gets a tip from Rick Jones that Director Gyrich has ordered that Carol be locked up for being a Kree spy like Mar-Vell. After fighting her way through S.W.O.R.D. personnel, Carol and Rick escape the facility with a little assistance by Abigail. Gyrich orders a national manhunt for Carol and releases to the media that she is an alien spy.

A week has passed by, Carol tests out her powers in a remote canyon with Rick Jones monitoring and analyzing her progress. Carol possesses superhuman strength, endurance, stamina, flight, physical durability, a limited precognitive "sixth sense," absorb energy and discharge explosive blasts of radiant energy. She can fly at roughly six times the speed of sound. Being a huge Dragon Ball fan, Rick begs Carol to do the Kamehameha Wave. Carol declines.

Due to the KRX10 serum and the explosion from Gene Bomb, Carol's physiology has been perfectly amalgamated into a human/Kree hybrid. Carol opens up to Rick about the irony of her condition, about how she is now what she despises the most and how her anger issues are misplaced. She narrates how she was forced to stop a bank robbery yesterday but was taken aback by the public's looks of mistrust, fear and hatred for her. The ugliness disturbs her but more so because she is guilty of the same offense.

im2r04.jpg

Carol and Rick’s hunt for Kleiser leads them to another Skrull base. After defeating the Skrulls there, they find out that Kleiser is en route to S.W.O.R.D. headquarters with a Skrull army for an assault. They also learn Kleiser’s plan is to gain access to the huge Skrull Omegaship that is lying dormant hundreds of feet underneath S.W.O.R.D. headquarters. The long-lost Omegaship is capable of firing off the Black Hole Generator capable of destroying a planet. The U.S. government has been studying the ship and trying to reverse-engineer the Skrull tech for the past few years. Rick tries to warn HQ but all communications seems to be jammed. Carol quickly flies to S.W.O.R.D. headquarters.

The shapeshifting Skrulls have infiltrated S.W.O.R.D. headquarters, killing many of its agents along the way. Kleiser gets on board the Omegaship and preps it for launch. The Omegaship is equipped with fighter ships and hi-tech armory but Kleiser's true objective is the laboratory inside the ship that has been rumored to contain the Super Skrull serum. The serum is said to be a breakthrough in the evolution of the Skrull physiology, capable of shapeshifting in an instant and regenerating destroyed cells rapidly. Though the formula hasn't been perfected, Kleiser hopes to bring the lab to the Skrull homeworld for their top scientist to finally complete the concoction and create a Super Skrull army to rule the cosmos.

Carol arrives at S.W.O.R.D. headquarters just in time to save Abigail and the rest of the S.W.O.R.D. personnel from being executed. The Omegaship rises above the ground. It will take a few minutes for the Omegaship to charge up and be fully operational. The marines, army and air force arrive to take out the ship. Kleiser sends out his own fighter jets and ground troops to run interference.

As the battle on the ground ensues, Abigail Brand encounters two Henry Gyrichs. The two Gyrichs plead their case that they are the original and the other is a Skrull. Abigail shoots one of them in the forehead. Gyrich asks how did she know for sure who was the Skrull. She replies she didn't know. She turns around and walks away smirking.

After dispatching a few Skrulls fighter ships, Carol makes her way to the Omegaship. On the ground, Rick accesses the schematics for the Omegaship and tells Carol to go to the engine room and smash it to prevent the ship from flying out of Earth. Carol does so and the Omegaship starts to crash.

[Play the video]

The Omegaship is steadily heading towards the nearby city. Carol gets to the front exterior of the mothership. Rick tells her even at full power she can't put the brakes on something that size. Carol says she's not trying to stop the ship's fall but to redirect it away from the city. This will be the quintessential Captain Marvel heroic scene similar to Spider-Man 2's classic train scene. After her inspirational and valiant effort, Carol succeeds in clearing the ship out of the city where it safely crashes just on the outskirts of town and saves thousands of lives in the process. Carol couldn’t get clear in time and was buried underneath the ship.

2s8h36w.jpg

szgd5i.jpg

Unable to take the Skrulls defeat, Kleiser takes a potion from the ship’s lab and drinks it causing his shapeshifting abilities to be boosted to extraordinary levels. Kleiser’s 30-feet grotesque appearance is reminiscent of the alien monster from John Carpenter’s The Thing. The now deranged and murderous Kleiser rampages through the city streets, killing civilians and military personnel alike. Every time Kleiser takes damage, he just regenerates at an accelerated pace.

Rick is chased by Kleiser and eventually catches up to him and kills him. Carol wakes up from her precognition. Rick hysterically yells to Carol over the com that Kleiser is chasing him. Carol crawls out of the ground. She tells Rick she’s empty and needs an extra boost. She punches a hole in the ground and grabs the power line underneath. Rick warns her she might not survive the ordeal. She proceeds and absorbs the electricity. The entire city's power goes out. Glowing white hot and intensely bright, Carol hovers above the ground with the air around her crackling with electricity.

A sonic boom can be heard. Over the horizon, a shining object is moving at supersonic speed and heading towards Kleiser. Carol tackles Kleiser. The two fight all over the block. No matter what Carol does, Kleiser just regenerates.

Carol firmly plants her feet on the ground, unloads all the energy she absorbed and releases it into one long devastating energy beam at Kleiser. Kleiser doesn’t go down. He steadily walks towards the beam, towards her, regenerating at a rapid pace. Carol pours it on. She’s screaming, her eyes are bright white, her face filled with rage, pain and determination.

We see glimpses of Carol’s past. She, her husband and their 2-year-old daughter are running from a group of Chitauri on the streets of New York. The husband gets shot in the leg. He gives the child to Carol and begs her to leave him. Carol reluctantly agrees and runs. Carol briefly looks back and sees her husband stabbed multiple times by the Chitauri. She cries but doesn’t stop running. An explosion on the ground hits them, knocking out Carol and killing her daughter.

Kleiser is still walking towards Carol and is just a few meters from her. All the rage pent up over her family’s death and the guilt she feels over the years on surviving, Carol lets it all go in her energy beam. Kleiser screams and is disintegrated.

vlJLZ0V.png

Rick is geeking out because Carol just did the Kamehameha. Carol vomits blood. Her heart gives out and she collapses to the ground. Rick yells for help and that she's not breathing. Fade to black.

[Play the video]

Carol wakes up in the hospital. Rick is in the room. She has been in a coma for almost a week. After a while, Carol opens up to Rick about her deceased husband and child and how she misses them every day. She talks about her passion for flying planes before the New York incident. She quit the Air Force and signed up for the KRX3 program to quench her thirst for vengeance against all extraterrestrials. But it was just Carol's way of avoiding facing the reality of her loss.

In the aftermath, Gyrich was forced to resign as S.W.O.R.D. director due to the Skrulls debacle. Abigail has been promoted as the second-in-command in S.W.O.R.D. and their new headquarters is going to be aboard a orbital space station known as the Peak. Carol resigns S.W.O.R.D. but has become friends with Abigail. Carol tells Abigail that she needs some time to re-examine her life but if they need her, just give her a call.

Carol visits Mar-Vell's apartment. She discovers a key which leads her to one of Mar-Vell's secret lair. Carol's Kree genetic makeup allows her to bypass security. Her eyes widen when she sees Mar-Vell's spaceship capable of interstellar travel. She smiles.

The End. Roll Credits.

Post-Credits Scene

A uniformed Kree officer walks hurriedly in the corridors. He arrives at a large room. He reports to someone unseen yet that Mar-Vell's starship has been activated. A loud booming voice interrupts him, informing him he already knows. The camera reveals it's the Supreme Intelligence, the artificial intelligence that rules the Kree. The camera quickly zooms out of the room and out of the building and settles in a panoramic shot of the Kree homeworld with thousands of Kree soldiers and war vehicles boarding a transport ship. End post-credits scene.

1908269-supreme_intelligence___ff_6.jpg

Update: March 24, 2015

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting Vol. 12: CAPTAIN MARVEL

For the 12th edition of the Dragonlord Fantasy Casting, I thought I'd try something new and come up with a story for the upcoming Captain Marvel movie, which is scheduled to be released on Nov. 2, 2018.

The challenging part of conceptualizing a Captain Marvel movie is that the character is not very well-known nor is her origin story that strikingly memorable. Even her solo comic books series is dull and forgettable. On top of it all, there's a prevailing notion among many that female superhero movies don't work.

However, I do believe I have constructed a "script" for a really good origin story for Captain Marvel that will make the female heroine an instant fan-favorite. The following casting write-up and character profiles all correlate to my fan-fiction and not to the actual source material.

YVONNE STRAHOVSKI as CAPTAIN MARVEL
OJrOEbP.jpg

One of the best agents of S.W.O.R.D. (Sentient World Observation and Response Department), Carol Danvers was transformed into Captain Marvel when she was mortally wounded by the Skrulls and saved by the Kree scientist Mar-Vell when he gave her an experimental serum. Ever since the NBC's spy comedy series Chuck debut in 2007, I've always thought Yvonne Strahovski would be outstanding as Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel. She has all the right stuff - beauty, height, acting, build, and action experience. The 5'9" Australian bombshell is also known for her roles in Dexter and 24: Live Another Day. She'll next be seen in the ABC drama The Astronaut Wives Club.

DEVON BOSTICK as RICK JONES
NR4PIoz.jpg

Rick Jones is S.W.O.R.D.'s resident computer genius and techie wizard. What he lacks in field experience, he makes up for it with his youthful gung-ho spirit and gumption. He would eventually becomes Carol Danver's closest ally and confidante. Rick's lifelong dream is to work alongside Captain America, which he does later on the film. Devon Bostick is my choice for Rick Jones. The 23-year-old Canadian actor just has that likable sidekick aura and he looks harmless enough that the audience won't mistakenly perceive him as Carol's love interest. Bostick is best known as the bully older brother in Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. He can be currently seen in The CW's sci-fi drama The 100.

DAN STEVENS as MAR-VELL
2pYFdAF.jpg

Posing as Dr. Walter Lawson, Mar-Vell is a Kree scientist sent to Earth to monitor Skrull activities. Mar-Vell has spent years finding humans that are compatible with his KRX3 serum which enhances the physical abilities of the recipient three fold. Mar-Vell wants to help the humans in the inevitable invasion from the Skrulls. Dan Stevens is my pick as Mar-Vell. Better known as the honorable Matthew Crawley in Downton Abbey, Stevens' career has been booming with a star-making turn in the well-received indie thriller The Guest and key roles in Night at the Museum 3 and A Walk Among the Tombstones.

JULIE ESTELLE as ABIGAIL BRAND
N10jXFl.jpg

Abigail Brand is one of the elite agents of S.W.O.R.D. and comes from a mixed heritage, being half alien and half human. She is also very intelligent, and fluent in many extra-terrestrial languages including several Kree and Skrull languages. A few of her peers, including Carol Danvers, initially looked down on her and gave her a hard time due to her alien nature. [Updated] Elodie Yung was my choice as Abigail in my original fancast but since she has been cast as Elektra in the MCU, I've gone with my runner-up: Julie Estelle (The Raid 2).

JACK COLEMAN as HENRY GYRICH
4jXeo9m.jpg

Henry Peter Gyrich is the director of S.W.O.R.D. (the Sentient World Observation & Response Department), an offshoot of S.H.I.E.L.D. that deals with extraterrestrial threats. Afraid of that which is different, Gyrich has often hindered the effectiveness of superheroes and has been among the first to blame them for society's ills. In a nutshell, Gyrich is a major tool of a boss. Heroes alum Jack Coleman has the bureaucratic look and smugness down to pat. Coleman is set to reprise his Noah Bennett role in the Heroes Reborn limited series.

RICHARD SAMMEL as HERR KLEISER
0kQ3ja7.jpg

Kleiser is an alien shapeshifter and the leader of the Skrulls forces on Earth. Back in WWII, Kleiser's world domination plans were thwarted by Captain America on several occasions. Kleiser resurfaces in the present day with a new army. Like all Skrulls, Kleiser can change his appearance after a few minutes of uninterrupted concentration. Richard Sammel has been magnificent as the charismatic vampire lieutenant in FX's The Strain and I have no doubt he would be superb as Kleiser as well.

Links to all Dragonlord's Movie Adaptation:

Dragonlord's Movie Adaptation: Old Man Logan

Dragonlord's Movie Adaptation: Captain Marvel 2.0

Links to all Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting:

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Old Man Logan

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Captain Marvel

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Fantastic Four

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Spectacular Spider-Man

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Justice League

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: X-Men Reboot

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Daredevil

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Inhumans

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Ant-Man

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Guardians of the Galaxy

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Black Panther

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Doctor Strange

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting: Preacher

Update: March 31, 2015

MARVELOUS MEASUREMENTS - Grading the Captain Marvel Candidates

2a5c60y.jpg

Over the years, there have been a lot of actresses the fans have wanted to play Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel (formerly known as Ms. Marvel). Some of them are on point while most are just misses and most likely chosen because they don't know a lot of blonde actresses. The following are the six criteria that should be considered in choosing the Captain Marvel actress - age, height, acting, face, build and voice.

Age - Age is one of the most important aspects in casting for Captain Marvel. The actress ideally must be somewhere between the age of 27 and 29, young enough to appear in multiple films for the next ten years or so but not too young either since Carol Danvers is a Major in the United States Air Force.

Height - Captain Marvel is a tall woman and listed as 5'11". A lot of fans often overlook this fact and just choose someone that is blonde but terribly short. For the movie adaptation, the actress preferably must be between 5'8" to 5'11". Plus, tall women look way as superheroes better than diminutive ones.

Voice - The actress has to have the right balance in her voice - strong enough to command respect and convey gravitas for the role but also be feminine enough as to not turn off the viewers. But not too feminine since Carol Danvers is a natural born leader, so it wouldn't be too convincing if the voice is too girly.

Acting - No explanation needed.

Resemblance - Having the actress look similar to the comic book counterpart makes for a compelling argument why she deserves the role. It also helps if the actress is attractive.

Physique - Ideally, the actress has to have a strong athletic body type but slim enough to look great in a dress. I also prefer an actress with a slender figure than a chubby or butch body frame. When grading the actresses' physique, I also take into consideration if they got into great shape for a role in the recent past which would indicate that she is capable of sculpting her body again for the part.

Note: I have been working on and off on the Captain Marvel story and Marvelous Measurements since last year. So the age of the actresses listed on the stats are those when they were still in Dec. 2014.

OXOlzBW.jpg

Ashley Benson - Just a recap, Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel is a Major in the United States Air Force and a natural born leader. The cute Pretty Little Liars star looks too young and too short for the role. Benson starred in Spring Breakers and will be next seen on the big screen in Pixels and Chronically Metropolitan.

YKxvhp6.jpg

Jessica Biel - Mrs. Justin Timberlake is passable for the role. She has almost all the qualifications except her face, which hasn't looked nice in recent years nor does it resemble Carol Danvers.

ifgSb6q.jpg

Emily Blunt - The English actress has been a fan favorite for the role for years and even more so now thanks to her Edge of Tomorrow performance. The only drawback for me is her voice and face. I love both of them but they're just not right for the role.

NXDsOOo.jpg

Jessica Chastain - Chastain is a terrific actress and she is just adorable whenever she visits any of the late night talk shows. Unfortunately she failed in most of the requirements. She's nearing 40 and she's too short. [Edit: After seeing her in The Martian, she would be a great Carol Danvers despite her age and height.]

VywB9na.jpg

Lauren Cohan - The Walking Dead alum is a surprising choice to most but I believe she would be a good in the role. As you can see from the stats above, she passes most of the criteria with flying colors.

dUPnVYs.jpg

Abbie Cornish - The tall Australian actress has been a favorite of mine in several fancasts. The only thing she has to work on is her slimming down a little and get her body into Sucker Punch fighting shape.

j3YwM91.jpg

Kaley Cuoco - The chubby-faced actress' name has popped up occasionally on fan's wishlist for the role. Never really watched The Big Bang Theory, so I don't get her appeal. And now that she's cut off her hair, it's more obvious than ever she doesn't fit the role.

4139JjZ.jpg

Elisa Cuthbert - The 24 actress was once considered to be one of the the hottest women on the planet by several men's magazines. Putting aside that she hasn't retained her sexy body for several years now, her 5'3" height automatically puts her at the bottom of the casting list.

9hh8nkL.jpg

Mackenzie Davis - Despite having the right height, age and acting prowess, this Canadian newcomer has an awkward looking frame and face which is just not right for the role. You can see her in the AMC show Halt and Catch Fire.

dn5h878.jpg

Natalie Dormer - Another favorite Captain Marvel candidate by the internet, Natalie Dormer is a solid choice. Wasn't a fan of her at first but have changed my mind after seeing the sometimes duck-faced actress in several TV shows and films. Dormer had a minor but memorable role in Captain America: The First Avenger.

3TthGLh.jpg

Alice Eve - The sexy English actress has always been a favorite among fanboys when it comes to fancasting (ie Emma Frost). Thank you Star Trek Into Darkness for exposing the truth that Alice would have been horrible in those fancast roles. For the Captain Marvel role, she's too short and her voice is too girly.

4RW27ZC.jpg

Amber Heard - One of my crushes since seeing her in 2009's The Stepfather, Amber Heard meets most of the Captain Marvel criteria and she's young enough to carry the franchise for years to come. Amber recently married boyfriend Johnny Depp last Feb. 2015.

ZFWKneZ.jpg

Tricia Helfer - Ten or so years too late. Tricia Helfer could have been a solid Captain Marvel but unfortunately she's about to turn 41 in two weeks. Best known for her role as Cylon Number Six in the critically-acclaimed Battlestar Galactica series, Tricia recently starred in the sci-fi miniseries Ascension.

q46jrtF.jpg

Lily James - Lily James (mine!) is the new Keira Knightley in my book. The 25-year-old English actress is one of my favorite cast members in Downton Abbey. Due to the box office and critical hit Cinderella, expect to hear more of this charming actress in the next several years. The 2012 movie Fast Girls establishes that Lily can get into fighting shape for the Captain Marvel role. Lily can be seen next in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Cqo2hzG.jpg

Ali Larter - The Captain Marvel role would have fit Ali Larter like a glove. Alas, the former Heroes actress is ten years too late. She passes all the criterion triumphantly... except her age. The 39-year-old hottie is currently starring in TNT's crime drama Legends with Sean Bean.

CWquWhF.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence - Based on the stats above, Jennifer Lawrence certainly qualifies for the Captain Marvel role. Her career is blazing hot but she's too overexposed (and thanks to the Fappening, literally as well) for the part with her other franchise roles such as Mystique and Katnis Everdeen. Would prefer someone fresher for the audience to associate the Captain Marvel character with.

kx265d3.jpg

Blake Lively - The former Gossip Girl star certainly matches the Captain Marvel profile based on the stats above. The 27-year-old hottie has been out of the spotlight in recent years, perfectly happy in being being Mrs. Ryan Reynolds. Captain Marvel could be her ticket for a big comeback of sorts. After a two year absence from the silver screen, her new movie Age of Adaline comes out in April 2015.

2CERhai.jpg

Caity Lotz - Caity showcased how hot she looked in The CW's Arrow but she's not quite right for the Captain Marvel role. She's a tad short. Despite finding her to be very pretty, she looks really young for the part (remember Carol Danvers is a Major in the Air Force). Her voice is also too girly also for the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back