Capoeira in MMA

I think it works more as a surprise factor. Not many people in MMA would expect you to bust a spinning kicks like that. Other than that, the guy needs to work on his punching more.

This thread is really intreasting.... Iv always wanted to see Capoeira in action.

I was about to start a thread about this.

I was thinking that even if Capoeira would not fully work in MMA (like say BJJ or Muay Thai), I'm sure it would be wonderful for cardio (like others said) and for flexibility. Capoeira fighters seem to have flexibility for days, and I'm sure that would transistion into some brutal high kicks in MMA.

I think Capoeira is cool to watch but it's difficult for me to take it seriously as a fighting martial art. Every time I see guys doing it, it look choreographed. It reminds me a lot of Wai Khru.

I think it works more as a surprise factor. Not many people in MMA would expect you to bust a spinning kicks like that. Other than that, the guy needs to work on his punching more.

jean silva vs gomi. When Silva throws that capoeira style kick where he plants on hand on the floor and does that reverse roundhouse heel kick thingy. I always thought that would knock people out pretty well. PLUS the technique itself looks like it'd catch alot of people off guard.

I was watching some Capoeira fights, and it looked like the guys were pretty good at slipping, ducking and otherwise avoiding punches and other strikes towards the head. Probably not worth training in for MMA, but gives it a little more validation.

I was watching some Capoeira fights, and it looked like the guys were pretty good at slipping, ducking and otherwise avoiding punches and other strikes towards the head. Probably not worth training in for MMA, but gives it a little more validation.

check out guys like shogun and anderson silva fighting. they incorporate some of their capoeira skills at times doing just that: slipping, ducking, etc.

Capoeira is way better than people give it credit for.

(I am not saying it is the prefect art)

i'd love to start seeing more good cap stylists as well as other styles. mma should be true to it's name. it helps the sport evolve and it makes things more entertaining to watch and interesting to fight in.

i've heard shogun has some cap training, and i'm pretty sure anderson silva has looking at his movements and comparing with cap dancers.

gotta love the balance and varsitility of some of those guys. someone catches your leg, nail them with a spinning kick. i've tried that myself in practice though havent used it in a match.

i'd love to start seeing more good cap stylists as well as other styles. mma should be true to it's name. it helps the sport evolve and it makes things more entertaining to watch and interesting to fight in.

i've heard shogun has some cap training, and i'm pretty sure anderson silva has looking at his movements and comparing with cap dancers.

gotta love the balance and varsitility of some of those guys. someone catches your leg, nail them with a spinning kick. i've tried that myself in practice though havent used it in a match.

I agree with you. I would love to see some guys represent some uncommon styles practiced. It would be great to see some MMA fighters versed in things like African boxing and the like. Not like use it as their main offense, but just to see someone who has trained in some odd style in the ring or cage would be pleasent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back