Capcom learns nothing - DMC 5 - pay to win

its crazy how DMC fans are jumping on everyone who dares criticize this. its a full price singleplayer game and they are selling you cheat codes. what a sad state of the industry where players defend this.

the "more options" argument is the dumbest of all, they could do an easy mode or cheatcodes or whatever without having people pay for it.

I'm sure there is an easy mode already there has always been an easy mode in these games. Cheatcodes without paying for them? Sure I guess they could do that but I wouldn't use them because I enjoy unlocking the abilities myself so whether it's free or I pay for it means nothing to me. Point being that what they are doing doesn't effect me at all. So I see no reason to care about this or get mad at Capcom about it.

I don't care that people are bothered by it. If you don't like the trend I get it, but assuming that it doesn't change my single-player experience, why should it be a personal concern? Unless the grind is worse, there will be literally no change at all to how I play it versus the older games. I replayed levels in both 1, 3, and 4 to unlock abilities. Unless I have to replay them a whole lot more in this new game, it's business as usual.

it shows the publisher thats its ok to put mtx in full price singleplayer games.

there was a huge outrage when shadow of war did it and they eventually removed them. now everyone is giving a free pass because they like DMC. expect way more of this in future games.

it shows the publisher thats its ok to put mtx in full price singleplayer games.

there was a huge outrage when shadow of war did it and they eventually removed them. now everyone is giving a free pass because they like DMC. expect way more of this in future games.

I'd have to look into the Shadow of War instance to know what really happened. Don't really care that it had some sort of internet outrage because internet outrage can't be trusted and sometimes it's overblown. Here's what I do know I've read what the microtransactions are in this game and I can ignore them and enjoy DMC the way I always have.

All I'm showing the publisher is that they can put in nonsense microtransactions like this and it wont bother me. The same way cosmetic microtransactions don't bother me. If they step over the line then I will let me money do the talking.

If they were loot boxes I'd be mildly irritated (I believe those were in Shadow of War). I think loot boxes are grossly exploitative of people's tendencies to make bad decisions. I'm actually happy that some countries are treating them like gambling.

I don't think paying for a skill is anywhere near as bad because you actually know what you're getting and aren't being encouraged to keep spending money on a digital box that may or may not contain the thing you want.

Edit: You're right, of course, that people are going to make exceptions for series they really like. But, like I said, so far as I can tell this won't affect my enjoyment at all.

If they were loot boxes I'd be mildly irritated (I believe those were in Shadow of War). I think loot boxes are grossly exploitative of people's tendencies to make bad decisions. I'm actually happy that some countries are treating them like gambling.

I don't think paying for a skill is anywhere near as bad because you actually know what you're getting and aren't being encouraged to keep spending money on a digital box that may or may not contain the thing you want.

Edit: You're right, of course, that people are going to make exceptions for series they really like. But, like I said, so far as I can tell this won't affect my enjoyment at all.
Paying for skills is lazy.

There is a reason it’s called a skill, should have to complete tasks or challenges relevant to earn a skill.

Being able to buy skills is rediculous. Earn that shit or don’t.

But in single player I don’t give a shit. Doesn’t bother me.

Multi player games aught to have some kind of badge of dishonor for those that buy skills.

Paying for skills is lazy.

There is a reason it’s called a skill, should have to complete tasks or challenges relevant to earn a skill.

Being able to buy skills is rediculous. Earn that shit or don’t.

But in single player I don’t give a shit. Doesn’t bother me.

Multi player games aught to have some kind of badge of dishonor for those that buy skills.
I feel the same. I don't care how someone else plays DMC.

For all that games with micro transactions the best option is hold the money until they trow a complete edition with everything inside. Buy that games from the beginning will require to spend lots of real money. In the end we will pay 3 or 4 times more of the original price buying dlc, microtrasactions stuff and later the ones who hold the horses will have all just for the original full price. Also when this happens the ones who bought the game at the first day realised but never waste a penny on micro transactions will have no compensations to download free all the stuff when the complete edition arrives. Is just strategy.

Back