Cant pull the trigger on a purchase

I was recently deciding a purchase between a gaming computer and a motor scooter. After realizing the motor scooter would likely sit in a shed 95% of the time and that I likely would only use it on very rare occasions, I decided a gaming computer might be better.

Now im having trouble buying it. I get a very strong uncomfortable feeling when Im about to buy it. Im trying to place the order but I keep getting bad thoughts.

1. Its a bad time in the market to purchase a gaming computer, though the sale is decent.

2. I feel like im making a mistake

Ive had problems making purchases for the past 2 years, ever since I got out of debt and started saving. Im so used to living a life where $20 could break me, now that I have extra money I feel guilty spending it.

I also own 2 desktops and a laptop already but new computers make me happy.

This purchase would be $2600 after tax but id still have plenty of money in case I lost myj ob etc

I still feel guilty.

Theres only 1 computer left in stock so i have to decide

Found this thread whilst looking for an old reply about a gaming laptop, and this post rings true to me in so many ways.

I spent years working minimum wage and living in crappy bedsits, working to live and being able to save £50 a month if I was lucky. I have also been on overdraft and in positions where I’d eat muesli for breakfast and dinner, and skip lunch.

I got a better job last year and I am living in a studio apartment in a better area with the girlfriend, whilst paying finance for my car, but still having from between £400-£600 a month per month saved, based on if I do overtime or not.

I’m saving for two things, a trip to Thailand in November and a mortgage, hopefully in a year or two.

I’d never buy a gaming laptop outright but I can afford £47 a month for two years. I don’t even have my desktop up here due to space, just my iPad. I’d like to get my hands on Monster Hunter: World, Shenmue 3 and a few other games though.

I can absolutely do it, but even though I’d enjoy it, I’m almost paralysed by the idea of spending money on something that will bring me no real benefit aside from enjoyment.

I can barely buy clothes, I set myself a daily food budget and I check my balance online every night. I cannot remember the last thing that I bought for myself that wasn’t food or bills, to be honest...

no remorse in buying either a scooter or a PS4.....

Remorse is thinking, wow, i'm going to be the star in a blockbuster

MtwDv0k.jpg

I say as long as you can afford it go for it, feeling bad about it may be just an old habit from when you didn't have alot money or something.

If it makes you happy and you can afford it, buy it. It's awesome to get a new PC.

This exactly. Also, it is healthy to sometimes drop a good amount of money on something that you simply want. People need to do that shit sometimes.

Now im thinking I should get a scooter again. I cant make up my mind. OCD isnt helping me. I keep going over the pros and cons of each decision and cant make a final decision.
Im the EXACT same way man. Weigh the pros and cons. And think about which would make your life better. :

For me the motor scooter would help save my commute time, would be nice to cruise around. Thats About it

The gaming pc would be fun when in waiting for traffic to die down and need something fun to do whike waiting.

Personally i think the gaming pc is the best choice since bird scooters and limebike will become ubiquitous in the next few years

Im the EXACT same way man. Weigh the pros and cons. And think about which would make your life better. :

For me the motor scooter would help save my commute time, would be nice to cruise around. Thats About it

The gaming pc would be fun when in waiting for traffic to die down and need something fun to do whike waiting.

Personally i think the gaming pc is the best choice since bird scooters and limebike will become ubiquitous in the next few years

With my luck, I'd crash the scooter and break the laptop.

Back