can't get over how great that KO was

I don’t understand how people are hyping this up as the “Greatest KO ever”. Leon’s was way more impressive: needed a KO to win the belt after being down 3-1 in rounds and landed a technically beautiful headkick to win. But somehow Izzy’s sloppy hook to the back of the ear is more impressive.

I don’t understand how people are hyping this up as the “Greatest KO ever”. Leon’s was way more impressive: needed a KO to win the belt after being down 3-1 in rounds and landed a technically beautiful headkick to win. But somehow Izzy’s sloppy hook to the back of the ear is more impressive.

The internet........

Alex is SCARY! There's no way Israel wins. Did you see how big Alex is? He has other wordly power in his hands! He's the biggest MW I've ever seen. He dwarfs Israel. Israel has no power and has no way to win this fight. Israel took this fight too soon, he just got KOd. Blah blah blah

I can go on and on why this KO was the greatest thing we've seen in a while.

The internet........

Alex is SCARY! There's no way Israel wins. Did you see how big Alex is? He has other wordly power in his hands! He's the biggest MW I've ever seen. He dwarfs Israel. Israel has no power and has no way to win this fight. Israel took this fight too soon, he just got KOd. Blah blah blah

Please do. I can say the same things about the Leon vs Kamaru fight where Leon was billed as cannon fodder to be wrestled fucked by Kamaru. Such a weird timeline where this KO is being heralded as the Greatest KO. Better then Hendo v Bisping, Barboza vs Etim, McGregor vs Aldo, Silva vs Belfort, etc.

The internet........

There was a post/thread where they showed that Drake put 400k on Izzy to win by ko. No way. What a way to blow 400k. That's literally the least likely outcome. And look at how it turned out.

If, "I don't like him but respect him" was a person. That person would be Israel Adesanya. There is no denying what he did on Saturday. No problems at all with it. Also think the move up to 205 is the right thing for Alex at this point

Except this time Izzy wasn't hurt, and was just baiting Alex and everybody into thinking that so he could counter him exactly like he did.

He bounces himself off the cage Anthony Pettis style for the KO. He knew what he was doing there.

There was a post/thread where they showed that Drake put 400k on Izzy to win by ko. No way. What a way to blow 400k. That's literally the least likely outcome. And look at how it turned out.

Izzy broke the Drake curse.

Beautifully timed counter. The knee to the head that he took right before the counter was nasty, I'm surprised he was clear headed enough to counter after that.

Except this time Izzy wasn't hurt, and was just baiting Alex and everybody into thinking that so he could counter him exactly like he did.

He bounces himself off the cage Anthony Pettis style for the KO. He knew what he was doing there.
God it’s so dangerous tho how was he not scared

It was a Hail Mary punch thrown out of desperation by a fighter who was about to be knocked out. Izzy knows he’s lucky which is why he’s back to dodging alex.

i don't even like izzy but that KO was poetic. Dude finds himself in the same exact position as before. A position that's pretty much a death sentence. But Izzy somehow, despite all of that pressure, keeps his composure and counters Pereira's killing blow. If Pereira was just a few milliseconds faster, adesanya would be the one unconscious. Just an unreal fucking KO with an amazing story
Jeremiah.gif

deserves an anime adaption
0c6fV2D.png

God it’s so dangerous tho how was he not scared

Alex is pretty reckless in charging someone down when he thinks he's got them hurt. Usually because he has so it's "relatively" safe to do so. I'm sure that's even doubly so against Izzy knowing he's KO'd him 2x previously and so implicitly trusts he can do it a 3rd time too if he thinks he's hurt him again.

Izzy just knew that too and used it against him. Beautiful fight IQ, even if yes it could've gone horribly wrong if his timing and defence weren't so perfect in the moment.

Beautifully timed counter. The knee to the head that he took right before the counter was nasty, I'm surprised he was clear headed enough to counter after that.

The knee didn't even connect. Lol Find the up close slo-mo video. He actually didn't get hit clean with anything except the body punch to start it off.

Alex is pretty reckless in charging someone down when he thinks he's got them hurt. Usually because he has so it's "relatively" safe to do so. I'm sure that's even doubly so against Izzy knowing he's KO'd him 2x previously and so implicitly trusts he can do it a 3rd time too if he thinks he's hurt him again.

Izzy just knew that too and used it against him. Beautiful fight IQ, even if yes it could've gone horribly wrong if his timing and defence weren't so perfect in the moment.
The way it took two shots to finish Alex was so cinematic too. Lie he was Jason vorhees and you had to know for sure he was ded

Back