Can't get over Ex

Pug, you are a wordy motherfucker.

I was hoping for some other insight than what I already know, but time and working on other myself is the only way perhaps.

In my experience it takes about a year to get over a LTR,
From my experience it's taken far less than that. Which is why I think it's done a number on me.

Pug, you are a wordy motherfucker.
No doubt. @Losfer Words said I'm trying to say in one sentence. Should work on this.

@Pugilistic, do you still contact her?
Absolutely not. Tempted though..

It's a self respect issue. All that fighting and bs, calling you little dick and shit like that...who the hell wants that? Just tell yourself that you deserve way better, all of the good parts and none of the shitty. It's out there and you can't find it if you're stuck on some ol bitchy ho.

For all the things she has said to me, she has never called me that. ;)

My intelligence allows me to realize how soon I'll be dead. I don't mind kids in general.

This one is a little rough. It's the first time I EVER kind of wish she wasn't pregnant. Thats with a total of 8 (or 9, we don't know) girls pregnant.
You're not that intelligent, and you should probably be sterilized.

A confession to my fellow sherdoggers. It's been about half a year since I broke up with my most recent ex. Near the end, we were kind of off and on, on and off even though we both knew the relationship was in a downward spiral because we both couldn't quit each other. Some of my silly dating antics with various women, whom I have started threads on, have really been about trying to cushion the inevitable emotional blow.

It was a very toxic and turbulent relationship that did a number on me. I've felt emotionally abused and although rare, at times she even physically abused me. I could make an endless list of reasons why she was toxic, but I cannot say she's the only one at fault. I am not proud of the way I reacted to her anger in some instances. I never hit her of course, as I don't think I could live with myself if I did, but there are times I wanted to and I for sure hurt her with words as she has hurt me. I was, and still am ashamed with myself for the way I behaved to the person I love, regardless of how she treated me.

In the end, I just couldn't do it anymore and had to end it. Even the end wasn't really a clean break up. She refused to break up with me, which was ironic since she has angrily told me many times that she should leave me and she has actually left me before. To appease her, I told her we need at least a break to see if we can keep doing this, which made her flip out, but I told her I need the time and we didn't contact each other since.

Six months pass...I still think about her quite a lot. It fucks with my day actually because I get almost PTSD flashbacks of all the fights and how much she attacked me. It's not so much that I miss her and want to get back with her, but the emotional stress, the fights, and how I reacted to all of it still messes with me. The very hurtful things she said to me still ring in my ears and it fucks up my confidence. I've had break ups before, I've had shitty relationships before, but none of them had the intensity of this recent disaster. I had an ex-fiance of three years and she was easier to get over than this. For whatever reason, my recent ex really did a number on me, and I don't know how to get over it, other than more time I guess..

I know the go-to advice for getting over an ex is to meet and fuck other girls but that hasn't been really helpful for me. I'm not a killer but I've met several women so far and I am seeing one currently. She is actually quite a remarkable person but I am not able to be emotionally available for her and it makes me wonder if she's wasting her time with me.

I've been doing all the right things like focusing on working out, going on trips, meeting my buddies, making new buddies, drinking (a lot), putting my energy into new activities like learning Spanish and guitar, and even banging the occasional girl...but I still wake up to nightmares of her. I feel like I should've gotten over her in a couple months, but no.

Cliffs:
1. Can't get over ex
2. How to get over ex?

Sometimes the heart just wants what it wants and you never get over it.......unless of course you find someone who's waaaaayy better who lights your hair on fire. You need that.

All I can tell you is stop the drinking. No matter how much it may numb the thoughts and pain, It'll keep you dwelling on her and hamper any healing.

There's also no shame in seeing a therapist. I did.

"Banging random sloots" is neither alpha nor a solution.

A confession to my fellow sherdoggers. It's been about half a year since I broke up with my most recent ex. Near the end, we were kind of off and on, on and off even though we both knew the relationship was in a downward spiral because we both couldn't quit each other. Some of my silly dating antics with various women, whom I have started threads on, have really been about trying to cushion the inevitable emotional blow.

It was a very toxic and turbulent relationship that did a number on me. I've felt emotionally abused and although rare, at times she even physically abused me. I could make an endless list of reasons why she was toxic, but I cannot say she's the only one at fault. I am not proud of the way I reacted to her anger in some instances. I never hit her of course, as I don't think I could live with myself if I did, but there are times I wanted to and I for sure hurt her with words as she has hurt me. I was, and still am ashamed with myself for the way I behaved to the person I love, regardless of how she treated me.

In the end, I just couldn't do it anymore and had to end it. Even the end wasn't really a clean break up. She refused to break up with me, which was ironic since she has angrily told me many times that she should leave me and she has actually left me before. To appease her, I told her we need at least a break to see if we can keep doing this, which made her flip out, but I told her I need the time and we didn't contact each other since.

Six months pass...I still think about her quite a lot. It fucks with my day actually because I get almost PTSD flashbacks of all the fights and how much she attacked me. It's not so much that I miss her and want to get back with her, but the emotional stress, the fights, and how I reacted to all of it still messes with me. The very hurtful things she said to me still ring in my ears and it fucks up my confidence. I've had break ups before, I've had shitty relationships before, but none of them had the intensity of this recent disaster. I had an ex-fiance of three years and she was easier to get over than this. For whatever reason, my recent ex really did a number on me, and I don't know how to get over it, other than more time I guess..

I know the go-to advice for getting over an ex is to meet and fuck other girls but that hasn't been really helpful for me. I'm not a killer but I've met several women so far and I am seeing one currently. She is actually quite a remarkable person but I am not able to be emotionally available for her and it makes me wonder if she's wasting her time with me.

I've been doing all the right things like focusing on working out, going on trips, meeting my buddies, making new buddies, drinking (a lot), putting my energy into new activities like learning Spanish and guitar, and even banging the occasional girl...but I still wake up to nightmares of her. I feel like I should've gotten over her in a couple months, but no.

Cliffs:
1. Can't get over ex
2. How to get over ex?
bro I am so sorry. I know exactly what you mean by having ptsd and flashbacks over a girl. I'm really sorry this is happening to you. :( . All I can say is it will fade with time. You just have to practice not thinking about her. Find some hobby like guitar to immerse yourself in whenever bad thoughts come into your mind. I used to play guitar alot and really helped get through some hard times when i was sad.

She don't like you. She don't want you. Why you like her?

All I can tell you is stop the drinking. No matter how much it may numb the thoughts and pain, It'll keep you dwelling on her and hamper any healing.

There's also no shame in seeing a therapist. I did.

"Banging random sloots" is neither alpha nor a solution.

Yeah, I'm cutting back on drinking. It's also really hurting my wallet as well. I am not opposed to therapy but I'm too poor for it right now.

Focus on all the negative bullshit you had to deal with, all the fights and shitty things she's done and said, and the fact that she's simply a bad match for you.

If you're focusing on the tits, ass and pussy...well, there's plenty of that out there. Plenty that comes with less bullshit. No relationship is BS free, but you can minimize that shit with a girl that's a better match.

A confession to my fellow sherdoggers. It's been about half a year since I broke up with my most recent ex. Near the end, we were kind of off and on, on and off even though we both knew the relationship was in a downward spiral because we both couldn't quit each other.

Cry me a river brother. Been there myself. As my buddy used to say in Ranger school, and it really stuck: "Fair is for the weak, learn to control your inner bitch." You'll get over it. Good luck...

God damn dude, this shit seems like something a chick wrote after a breakup while on her period.
Theres no excuse for a man to get this upset over losing a companion.

Unless it's his dog of course.

Cliffs:
1. Can't get over ex
2. How to get over ex?

Back