Can't get over Ex

Don´t try to replace that feeling with other woman get some Chinese shit type of treatment, do some acupuncture relax. You probably stressed out and still holding to something that is worthless, losing woman that we don´t even want is bad too.

But I did not read what you wrote too much text fuck that

A confession to my fellow sherdoggers. It's been about half a year since I broke up with my most recent ex. Near the end, we were kind of off and on, on and off even though we both knew the relationship was in a downward spiral because we both couldn't quit each other. Some of my silly dating antics with various women, whom I have started threads on, have really been about trying to cushion the inevitable emotional blow.

It was a very toxic and turbulent relationship that did a number on me. I've felt emotionally abused and although rare, at times she even physically abused me. I could make an endless list of reasons why she was toxic, but I cannot say she's the only one at fault. I am not proud of the way I reacted to her anger in some instances. I never hit her of course, as I don't think I could live with myself if I did, but there are times I wanted to and I for sure hurt her with words as she has hurt me. I was, and still am ashamed with myself for the way I behaved to the person I love, regardless of how she treated me.

In the end, I just couldn't do it anymore and had to end it. Even the end wasn't really a clean break up. She refused to break up with me, which was ironic since she has angrily told me many times that she should leave me and she has actually left me before. To appease her, I told her we need at least a break to see if we can keep doing this, which made her flip out, but I told her I need the time and we didn't contact each other since.

Six months pass...I still think about her quite a lot. It fucks with my day actually because I get almost PTSD flashbacks of all the fights and how much she attacked me. It's not so much that I miss her and want to get back with her, but the emotional stress, the fights, and how I reacted to all of it still messes with me. The very hurtful things she said to me still ring in my ears and it fucks up my confidence. I've had break ups before, I've had shitty relationships before, but none of them had the intensity of this recent disaster. I had an ex-fiance of three years and she was easier to get over than this. For whatever reason, my recent ex really did a number on me, and I don't know how to get over it, other than more time I guess..

I know the go-to advice for getting over an ex is to meet and fuck other girls but that hasn't been really helpful for me. I'm not a killer but I've met several women so far and I am seeing one currently. She is actually quite a remarkable person but I am not able to be emotionally available for her and it makes me wonder if she's wasting her time with me.

I've been doing all the right things like focusing on working out, going on trips, meeting my buddies, making new buddies, drinking (a lot), putting my energy into new activities like learning Spanish and guitar, and even banging the occasional girl...but I still wake up to nightmares of her. I feel like I should've gotten over her in a couple months, but no.

Cliffs:
1. Can't get over ex
2. How to get over ex?

Go back to Japan and you'll easily forget your Ex. Sake, sushi, ramen and hot girls awaits your return.

Time will take care of this but there are two outcomes. either you spend that time in a positive way and walk away with more weaponry then before or you squander that time and it disarms you to the point where it affects your dating life. Either way she will slowly fade as time passes and the place in your heart that you reserved for her will start freezing over. I'll be honest i didn't read the entirety of your post but it seems like you are the one who ended things and im assuming it's for the better. It's your decision and now you have to live with it.

I dealt with something similar the past year and let me tell you it may take more than 6 months but you have to spend your time well.

Some of my silly dating antics with various women, whom I have started threads on, have really been about trying to cushion the inevitable emotional blow.
Perhaps but i choose to believe this is a normal process of moving on which is a good thing on your part.

In the end, I just couldn't do it anymore and had to end it.
When you catch yourself reminiscing about the relationship i want you to repeat this line over and over until she disappears.

Six months pass...I still think about her quite a lot. It fucks with my day actually because I get almost PTSD flashbacks of all the fights and how much she attacked me.
Love is a drug (oxytocin) and like any drug/habit you have a pattern burned into your sub-conscious. It's terribly difficult to get rid of the withdrawals but in time these little flash backs will go away as well. Just remember it's you doing this not her. Remind yourself that it's all in your head since it really is.

know the go-to advice for getting over an ex is to meet and fuck other girls but that hasn't been really helpful for me.
I've been doing all the right things like focusing on working out, going on trips, meeting my buddies, making new buddies, drinking (a lot), putting my energy into new activities like learning Spanish and guitar, and even banging the occasional girl

believe it or not you should have given these two things their own seperate time and reversed the order. When you first break up forget fucking girls for a while and trying to jump back on the horse. After a bad relationship we usually lose our identities and need to reclaim it through introspection. When people jump straight back into the game they are like lost little ghosts who don't have a purpose. Take your time, build yourself back up and then give these bitches the upgraded version when you know what it is you really want. How can you expect to be making emotional connections when your head isn't on right? Focus on being happy with the man you are and when you are ready......that's when you start laying pipe.

2. How to get over ex?

My favourite line in that was
"You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you: as Pugilistic, the man!"

I know that feel TS. Been getting some quality bangs in the past few weeks then TWTGA hit me up this morning and I was thinking kids and white picket fences all day.

For someone who isn't over their ex, you seriously put in a lot of time trying to get under someone else.

NOW...

You have time to work on yourself. Hit the gym, take some classes, and hang out with some GOOD friends.

You'll get over her.

I'm praying for you man.

Don't worry bro, Banchan has us all by the balls too.

Get over her by plowing other Boise dimes

"Randomly" meet her on the street like this:

giphy.gif

and say this:

"I can't see 'em comin down my eyes
So I gotta make the song cry"

Then do this:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Running/Biking. Any kind of exercise will help. Also hang out with friends and find other chicks to bang.

A confession to my fellow sherdoggers. It's been about half a year since I broke up with my most recent ex. Near the end, we were kind of off and on, on and off even though we both knew the relationship was in a downward spiral because we both couldn't quit each other. Some of my silly dating antics with various women, whom I have started threads on, have really been about trying to cushion the inevitable emotional blow.

It was a very toxic and turbulent relationship that did a number on me. I've felt emotionally abused and although rare, at times she even physically abused me. I could make an endless list of reasons why she was toxic, but I cannot say she's the only one at fault. I am not proud of the way I reacted to her anger in some instances. I never hit her of course, as I don't think I could live with myself if I did, but there are times I wanted to and I for sure hurt her with words as she has hurt me. I was, and still am ashamed with myself for the way I behaved to the person I love, regardless of how she treated me.

In the end, I just couldn't do it anymore and had to end it. Even the end wasn't really a clean break up. She refused to break up with me, which was ironic since she has angrily told me many times that she should leave me and she has actually left me before. To appease her, I told her we need at least a break to see if we can keep doing this, which made her flip out, but I told her I need the time and we didn't contact each other since.

Six months pass...I still think about her quite a lot. It fucks with my day actually because I get almost PTSD flashbacks of all the fights and how much she attacked me. It's not so much that I miss her and want to get back with her, but the emotional stress, the fights, and how I reacted to all of it still messes with me. The very hurtful things she said to me still ring in my ears and it fucks up my confidence. I've had break ups before, I've had shitty relationships before, but none of them had the intensity of this recent disaster. I had an ex-fiance of three years and she was easier to get over than this. For whatever reason, my recent ex really did a number on me, and I don't know how to get over it, other than more time I guess..

I know the go-to advice for getting over an ex is to meet and fuck other girls but that hasn't been really helpful for me. I'm not a killer but I've met several women so far and I am seeing one currently. She is actually quite a remarkable person but I am not able to be emotionally available for her and it makes me wonder if she's wasting her time with me.

I've been doing all the right things like focusing on working out, going on trips, meeting my buddies, making new buddies, drinking (a lot), putting my energy into new activities like learning Spanish and guitar, and even banging the occasional girl...but I still wake up to nightmares of her. I feel like I should've gotten over her in a couple months, but no.

Cliffs:
1. Can't get over ex
2. How to get over ex?

you need a vision quest. battle ropes and trail running until you see dead relatives.

Time with yourself to work on personal shit works...
Or the option I always used, another women.....

Both approaches are said to work, but the second one is the quick feel good fix..

Didn't read a word of the op , but the answer is to stay busy and time . You can get over anything with those 2.

Lots of people solved this for you already TS. Time heals all wounds blah blah, it's all true.

Also remember my motto: Nothing is ever as bad as it seems.

It's a self respect issue. All that fighting and bs, calling you little dick and shit like that...who the hell wants that? Just tell yourself that you deserve way better, all of the good parts and none of the shitty. It's out there and you can't find it if you're stuck on some ol bitchy ho.

2. How to get over ex?

Usually by far the fastest way is to get involved with a much higher status girl which is much easier said than done. Usually the guys that linger on with attachment issues with their exes are in a situation where they haven't found anyone higher status(looks/personality/social standing..etc) hence causing this lingering attachment that they can't get over.

You can always time travel and undo your mistakes.
<Manning1>

I would have to think I travelled to an alternate universe if there wasn't a Pugilistic thread about girls and heartbreak.

In my experience it takes about a year to get over a LTR, in that time do not get in another relationship! And it's best to stay away from dating in general.

Women can smell the depression and vulnerability on you and the kind of skanks that are attracted to that are not someone you want to end up falling for.

Underrated.

Back