Canner dun f*ed up this time. He should've waited to fight Ferg due to the better match-up style

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by The Big Bang, Aug 20, 2018.

1. The Big Bang

The Big Bang Black Belt

...but his misstep is our gain, as Khabib is gonna TOOL Conor on the mat.

Oh, and for those who rule out a Khabib sub, Conor will give it up like it's prom night.

Personally however, I prefer a reign of fire as a helpless Conor looks to the ref to step in before panic tapping.

Nate did it, so Khabib can DEFINITELY do it.

P.S. I would favor Ferg too, but it would be fireworks, whereas Khabib can simply take down Clowner, and...it's game over.

Arm Barbarian, BadJuju, raaju and 9 others like this.
  2. Reach4theSky

Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

3. Herwald

Herwald Green Belt

Listen, Khabib is a slow, pillow fisted T-Rex with a huge melon for a target and no footwork or stand-up skills. Conor gasses and has suspect groundgame, but don't pretend like he's fighting some unbeatable monster. This can go either way quite easily.

4. William Huggins

William Huggins Green Belt

I just don't see it as a good idea to dangle from anyone's nuts.........if Conor wins, someone is going to drag up this thread ..........;) and the same will happen to the Conor nut danglers if Khabib takes him down and force feeds him Tiramisu.......

5. flowoftruth

flowoftruth Blue Belt

You have to respect the guy. Everyone talks like he'd never be willing to take the fight, yet in his mind it serves as even more of a motivation. He's always ready to throw all the chips in and fight whoever the fans want.

6. Bogeyman

Bogeyman Silver Belt

Analysis like this is the best because it comes across as completely unbiased.

7. CrimsonFan

CrimsonFan Silver Belt

God damn why does everything have to be so negative.

khabib is a beast, Conor is too. Lets just see what happens.

8. PoundMeToo

PoundMeToo Gold Belt

Conor haters just move on to the next "guy who will definitely destroy Conor" after Conor beats them.

9. Clocop

Clocop Blue Belt

El cucuy is an infinitely better fighter than Khabib

10. johncola

johncola Black Belt

I think Ferguson is the tougher matchup. Taller, longer, better striker, more power, unlimited cardio, unpredictable as anyone, huge sub threat, great chin. Btw I'm comparing Tony to Khabib there, not Conor. Khabib is better at getting the opponent down and keeping them down if he gets ahold of you, and he has vicious GNP, but that's not much compared to all the threats Tony poses. I guess Khabib also has the advantage of being less likely to do crazy shit on the feet and risk getting KO'd. But if Khabib can't close the distance, he's toast. Meanwhile Ferguson has so many ways to win even if he does get fucked up in the first. If he gets hurt he'll stick around and always be dangerous, with his endless cardio, snapdowns, chokes, and endless puncher's chance. He's a wilder but more dangerous version of Diaz with more power and a takedown threat to boot.

11. CrimsonFan

CrimsonFan Silver Belt

And if he wins this fight expect another year of negoatiating for his next bout.

Im baffled how stupid people can be. Conor just fought Floyd, and lost to Diaz twice. He is not making money because people believe hes invincible.

People just like exciting fights, and hes constantly delivering. So yea lets all rag on the only guy that is keeping out sport relevant... In favor of a russian religious nutjob that missed weight in 3 of his 11 fights and has caused multiple events to flop from last minute call outs

Rust Cohle, lyndon955, Possum and 5 others like this.
  12. bombadii

bombadii Orange Belt

It's gonna be rough watching Khabib cry after Conor shuts his lights and takes his 0 and the title

I hope Khabib ragdolls Conor, but Conor will probably finish Khabib

Possum and Coolkid666 like this.
  13. ThierryAlvarez

ThierryAlvarez Orange Belt

This match up is a joke. conman's 2nd gifted title shot. but it will backfire hard on him. If Khabib takes him down even once, it's game over. He already looked helpless AF with Mendes and Diaz on top of him. Even if they clinch once he's in big trouble.

Nate already exposed this one dimensional clown.

But hey, Mctapper has probably been working on his TDD for at least a year. Let's see what he can do before he gasses.

raaju and The Neckbeard like this.
  14. Old Timer

Old Timer Orange Belt

In this day and age of the UFC, I bring up the fact the fight has not started yet, anybody or both can still pull out of the fight with a brutal training injury yet.

15. The Big Bang

The Big Bang Black Belt

Tony is LEGIT, but I'm talking about the particular style match-up vs Conor.

Conor would theoretically have more chances to end the fight vs Tony, whereas all Khabib has to do is pick up where Mendes left off.

16. Bob and Donald Dos Anjos

Bob and Donald Dos Anjos White Belt

I can already see the fickle MMA fans readying their excuses when the man gets sparked unconscious.

When it's done don't turn Khabib "Tiramisu" Nurmagodurkadurk into Eddie Alvarez.

[​IMG]

cburm likes this.
  17. chefa

chefa Orange Belt

I am not a Conor fan in the slightest but how anyone can totally count Conor out or call him a can or hype or whatever after what he has done is just plain stupid.

I think Khabib is going to beat him and probably beat him badly but to count Conor out is insane Khabib has been tagged and hurt before and Conor hits very hard and very precise.

If I was pulling odds out of thin air 70-30 in favor of Khabib with no shock if Conor puts his lights out.

Rust Cohle likes this.
  18. Blayt7hh

Blayt7hh Gold Belt

I actually believe this to be true but I do also think that Khabib is probably a worse much up for Conor stylistically. Khabib tends to get hit less than Tony. Tony should be able to best Conor but who knows, maybe he can’t absorb the damage Conor dishes out to him

19. The Don

The Don If there is no struggle, there is no progress Platinum Member

I disagree. I think Khabib is the easiest match up between the three (Holloway, Ferguson and well, Khabib)

Khabib has some really bad striking habits that I'm sure Conor would be able to exploit rather easily.

Aforo88 likes this.
  20. Bend NvR Break

Bend NvR Break Standing still is actually moving back

Fans wanted a Frankie fight

binny likes this.