Canelo winning rnd 12 is the only thing I have a problem with

I had it 115-113 for Canelo. I told you guys, GGG had to go the body.

Alvarez had the speed advantage.

Dudes, Alvarez was the ''SMALLER GUY'' and HE WAS WALKING GGG DOWN!!! NO PEDS!!! 1 YEAR RING RUST. We gotta give it to Canelo. He won fair and square

Did they list the "in ring weights" of both men last night?

Canelo didn't look smaller then GGG to the naked eye

Anyone who scored the 12th rd for GGG needs to watch it without the commentary. Canelo handily won that round.
Another thing that makes me scratch my head:

"Oh, my gawd, the announcers are cheering for the fighter that the network makes more money off of. They are talking him up and not saying good things about the other guy."

Annoys me.

Why do people still watch boxing/MMA with the sound on?

Did they list the "in ring weights" of both men last night?

Canelo didn't look smaller then GGG to the naked eye

oh FFS dude, any simple eye test in the ring, aside from commentary and industry all say Canelo looks significantly smaller this time. Jarred Hurd, Munguia, Jermall Charlo, Jacobs, these guys all tower in size next to GGG and Canelo. The whole Canelo is a Light Heavyweight is one of the most retarded myths around. If anything GGG and Canelo are both Light Heavyweights, even though guys like Adonis Stevenson or Badou Jack TOWER of GGG and CANELO. enough man, give it rest. these are cliche internet rumors that are spread like the plague. IV gate is better to talk about, but the simple eye test of fighters in the ring, keep it real please.

oh FFS dude, any simple eye test in the ring, aside from commentary and industry all say Canelo looks significantly smaller this time. Jarred Hurd, Munguia, Jermall Charlo, Jacobs, these guys all tower in size next to GGG and Canelo. The whole Canelo is a Light Heavyweight is one of the most retarded myths around. If anything GGG and Canelo are both Light Heavyweights, even though guys like Adonis Stevenson or Badou Jack TOWER of GGG and CANELO. enough man, give it rest. these are cliche internet rumors that are spread like the plague. IV gate is better to talk about, but the simple eye test of fighters in the ring, keep it real please.
So, did they post their fight night weights or not?

So, did they post their fight night weights or not?

ok let's entertain your fiction then. Let's assume you have the smaller looking Canelo outweighing GGG in this rematch. What is the weight variance? If you have 2lbs more for Canelo...which is already funny, you're saying that makes a difference when Erislandy Lara stood his ground and went 12 with Hurd? PLEASE MAN, stop this ! LMAO

Anyone else notice that for closer rounds they gave Canelo 2 rds for every 1 rd that GGG got?

So even if the rounds were close, GGG didn't have a 50/50 shot of getting the round but rather 33%.

<NoneOfMy><Kobe213>

Canelo needed to be given the benefit of the doubt at all times as far as the judges were concerned. The 12th round makes sense if you look at it that way, they needed him above after losing 2 straight to GGG.

There is NO way GGG could have won a "close" split decision like Canelo would/did, it would have been a draw by default for Canelo, and a loss for GGG if it deserved be to an actual draw. Which is what happened here.
Or maybe the judges who do this for a living valued clean effective punches with ring control over a slight volume

I was shocked that Lederman scored round 1 for Canelo.

Thought Canelo won round 12 though.

As did I.

Agree totally with this. 12 was close, and 1 was easily GGG. I was perplexed that anyone would score that round for Canelo and I'm equally confused that people think scoring round 12 for Canelo is outrageous.

According to this, every non-Jab that Canelo threw was a power punch.

Bullshit compubox.

Literally every punch Canelo threw was a "power punch"? I don't buy it.

19 (power) + 2 (jab) = 21 total (punches).
er..... Every punch that isn't a jab IS a power punch.

GGG won the first 30 seconds of the 12th, but it felt like he avoided the fight after rhqt, using many clinches and moving backward. That makes it very difficult to judge it, maybe a 10 x 10 would feel right, but not allowed!

You must have been getting a beer when you missed that 3 piece combo GGG rocked him with in the beginning of the round.
What about the other 2 minutes and 50 seconds of the round? Canelo doubled Golovkin's number in power landed and landed more overall in the round and at a higher rate.

What about the other 2 minutes and 50 seconds of the round? Canelo doubled Golovkin's number in power landed and landed more overall in the round and at a higher rate.
I saw the fight last night at about 9pm, hours after the actual event. I knew who won and even saw the controversy on Sherdog (spoilers don't bother me). After watching the twelfth, the uproar by some folks over it going to Canelo frankly mystifies me. Close round? Definitely. GGG started very well too. But the rest of the round was back and forth, with Canelo edging it in my (very amateurish) opinion.

Why people feel it was a lock for GGG due to one excellent combo, I just don't get.

Closed their eyes for that part.

close grueling awesome fight....could go to either guy. Lots of swing rounds.

But how on earth does Canelo win Round 12 lol?
GBP and HBO need a cash cow who is young enough to be a cash cow for a few years. Not an aging fighter with very little persona.

“I bet the Russians influenced the judges... yeah that’s it. Now I can sleep.”.

Closed their eyes for that part.
This shit is the problem I have with people scoring power. Its a judging bias based on what you believe about a fighter. You're (people in general) making an assumption based on something you really can't see.
Its annoying to seea boxer box a guy up for 2:50 seconds and then lose the round because he eats one shot from the guy assumed to be the puncher. Thats garbage judging, IMO.

Back