Canelo winning rnd 12 is the only thing I have a problem with

You can hate him because all the shit he talks but the reality is he helped make Golovkin the most feared fighter in boxing. Golovkin is going to regret this for the rest of his life, he has a great chin he should have trusted it more and just went for it, he would have taken Canelo out if he did. He's the superior fighter but he gives Canelo too much respect. Abel knew this too

He was getting boxed up, can't fight reckless against Canelo, he's too good at countering.

look at the punch stats for round 12. it was actually a fairly easy canelo round. Don't let Lampley overreacting to that opening shot to start the round fool you...
Also, canelo landed more power shots in 9 out of 12.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fbrianmazique%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F09%2F2018-09-15_23-25-10.jpg

According to this, every non-Jab that Canelo threw was a power punch.

Bullshit compubox.

Literally every punch Canelo threw was a "power punch"? I don't buy it.

19 (power) + 2 (jab) = 21 total (punches).

You can hate him because all the shit he talks but the reality is he helped make Golovkin the most feared fighter in boxing. Golovkin is going to regret this for the rest of his life, he has a great chin he should have trusted it more and just went for it, he would have taken Canelo out if he did. He's the superior fighter but he gives Canelo too much respect. Abel knew this too

Superior? maybe at 168 now. There's no way in hell GGG beats Canelo in the third match. AGAIN ABEL DOESNT DO SHIT with strategy and they gave GGG what they wanted, stand and trade. Canelo is more powerful at 168.

Just watched the replay of the 12th round. The first 30 seconds was in clear favor for GGG (clean shots including an uppercut) the next minute and a half they began trading (no favor). Then Golovkin started with his jab again another clean uppercut didn't really hurt Canelo. With about a minute left Canelo began a fury with punches that landed including a good punch or two (lasted 20 seconds or so) but it didn't do anything to Golovkin. The last 30 seconds was back in forth.

As for as volume to punches landed, its easily in Canelo's favor. But as far as cleaner jabs, uppercuts, head flopping back in forth, GGG wins the 12th round.

Watch the replay w no sound.

Anyone who had GGG winning round 12 is either drun or high or both.

You guys need to stop posting and sober up and re-watch the fight again, because anybody who even thinks GGG won round 12 or the fight is drunk.

Close fight to some, robbery hell no

GGG winning every round and knocking Canelo down 3 times according to their score cards undesirable LOL

Anyone who had GGG winning round 12 is either drun or high or both.

You guys need to stop posting and sober up and re-watch the fight again, because anybody who even thinks GGG won round 12 or the fight is drunk.

Close fight to some, robbery hell no

GGG winning every round and knocking Canelo down 3 times according to their score cards undesirable LOL
I'm not drunk. I re-watched the 12th round twice actually.

He was getting boxed up, can't fight reckless against Canelo, he's too good at countering.
He gets boxed up when he fights hesitant. Especially in the second half when Canelo loses his explosiveness he can't match GGG but GGG just doesn't take enough risks like he would have when he was younger

Agreed. I think the first few moments of that round should’ve given the round to GGG as the rest of it was back and forth:

close grueling awesome fight....could go to either guy. Lots of swing rounds.

But how on earth does Canelo win Round 12 lol?
I actually agree with your post. but they probably could have swapped it for a close round to still come up with the score. I though canelo won round 1 and was surprised the judges didn't so I'm still fine with the decision. I didnt like round 12 but I didnt like round 1 either so I'll live. congrats to Canelo and GGG for having a good fight, I feel they need to do it again.

12th was close but i also gave it to canelo. I still had GGG winning.

same, i gave it to Canelo as well

it was a close round, if you think that GGG easily won that round, then you need to stop scoring/watching fights

Anyone who scored the 12th rd for GGG needs to watch it without the commentary. Canelo handily won that round.

Yeah I didn’t really have a problem with him winning that round and don’t see what the fuss is about...?

12th was close, no issue with it going to Canelo on second watch.

close grueling awesome fight....could go to either guy. Lots of swing rounds.

But how on earth does Canelo win Round 12 lol?
I gave Canelo round 12. So did several other posters here. You have to score the whole round, not just the 2 big shots from the puncher.

I gave Golovkin round 1 though, and a lot gave that to Canelo.

I dont buy it. I hate Abel Sanchez. he explioted this stupid Mexican theme and robbed him EE Monster style
He did that because he thought Golovkin would wreck Canelo if Canelo went toe to toe. Instead he just got beat up.

Back