Canelo winning rnd 12 is the only thing I have a problem with

Golden Boy brings millions to Nevada. So of course they're going to give the benefit of doubt to their Golden Goose at all times. Any way possible to nudge things to their favor. GBP has Nevada and California in their pocket, and PBC has New York in their pocket. Every one else plays ball the same way. It's about money (taxes, tourism, licensing, etc) and doing what's "right for business" not sport.

It's all about money and politics, I've always said that, and GBP is several notches above Loeffler/GGG in the hierarchy. GGG barely had any fights in Nevada and doesn't run an operation as large as GBP does with all their cards. He's chump change. He never had a shot on their scorecards.

Wait, Round 12 was GGG most likely. This fight should have been a draw. Oh well, it wasn't that great as everybody said it was. I wouldn't care too much if it didn't happen again. GGG should have pressed more.

I had it 115-113 for Canelo. I told you guys, GGG had to go the body.

Alvarez had the speed advantage.

Dudes, Alvarez was the ''SMALLER GUY'' and HE WAS WALKING GGG DOWN!!! NO PEDS!!! 1 YEAR RING RUST. We gotta give it to Canelo. He won fair and square

Dudes, Alvarez was the ''SMALLER GUY'' and HE WAS WALKING GGG DOWN!!! NO PEDS!!! 1 YEAR RING RUST. We gotta give it to Canelo. He won fair and square
And Vegas told us both the judges and you were wrong. Congrats on the bullshit though

Wait, Round 12 was GGG most likely. This fight should have been a draw. Oh well, it wasn't that great as everybody said it was. I wouldn't care too much if it didn't happen again. GGG should have pressed more.

I agree. Said it yesterday. GGG had to go the body. He definitely needed to press more. Too much conservative and laxed boxing by Golovkin. So impressed that Canelo the lighter guy was walking my guy down! Unreal, especially off a YEAR of no activity!!

Boxing has rules. It goes round by round scoring, not overall scoring.

The rounds that were close could go either way. But the rounds that were not close can not. 12th round was GGG. You can't use older rounds as an excuse for shitty judging for a different round.

And Vegas told us both the judges and you were wrong. Congrats on the bullshit though

Abel Sanchez is a horrible trainer. I hope GGG drops him and goes with Freddie Roach. GGG will be a 168 champion again EASILY. Canelo has one hell of chin like most Mexicans do.

Anyone who scored the 12th rd for GGG needs to watch it without the commentary. Canelo handily won that round.

Boxing has rules. It goes round by round scoring, not overall scoring.

The rounds that were close could go either way. But the rounds that were not close can not. 12th round was GGG. You can't use older rounds as an excuse for shitty judging for a different round.

I had GGG to win this FIGHT without a doubt. A smaller and lighter Alvarez the body will break easily. Canelo was walking him down. I'm telling you guys it's not Golovkin its his stupid trainer Abel Sanchez that had no Fckıng Gameplan for Gassiev. I dont know why dont see this

A lot of rounds were close, that being said 8-12 was pretty much all GGG. Don't see how Canelo got the 12th. Oh well good fight, but I don't expect oscar to put Canelo in amother life and death fight with GGG. He's got to conserve his cash cow

Anyone else notice that for closer rounds they gave Canelo 2 rds for every 1 rd that GGG got?

So even if the rounds were close, GGG didn't have a 50/50 shot of getting the round but rather 33%.

<NoneOfMy><Kobe213>

Canelo needed to be given the benefit of the doubt at all times as far as the judges were concerned. The 12th round makes sense if you look at it that way, they needed him above after losing 2 straight to GGG.

There is NO way GGG could have won a "close" split decision like Canelo would/did, it would have been a draw by default for Canelo, and a loss for GGG if it deserved be to an actual draw. Which is what happened here.

Last edited:
Abel Sanchez is a horrible trainer. I hope GGG drops him and goes with Freddie Roach. GGG will be a 168 champion again EASILY. Canelo has one hell of chin like most Mexicans do.
Honestly Abel was giving GGG the right advice telling him to press the action and wear him down, GGG just didn't want to do it, he was too trigger shy, happens with age. When he would do it, he would beat Canelo up

Honestly Abel was giving GGG the right advice telling him to press the action and wear him down, GGG just didn't want to do it, he was too trigger shy, happens with age. When he would do it, he would beat Canelo up

I dont buy it. I hate Abel Sanchez. he explioted this stupid Mexican theme and robbed him EE Monster style

look at the punch stats for round 12. it was actually a fairly easy canelo round. Don't let Lampley overreacting to that opening shot to start the round fool you...
Also, canelo landed more power shots in 9 out of 12.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fbrianmazique%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F09%2F2018-09-15_23-25-10.jpg

I dont buy it. I hate Abel Sanchez. he explioted this stupid Mexican theme and robbed him EE Monster style
You can hate him because all the shit he talks but the reality is he helped make Golovkin the most feared fighter in boxing. Golovkin is going to regret this for the rest of his life, he has a great chin he should have trusted it more and just went for it, he would have taken Canelo out if he did. He's the superior fighter but he gives Canelo too much respect. Abel knew this too

Back