Canelo vs Lemieux in talks

I think I was the only one on this forum that actually thought the Mayweather fight would sell better than it did in 2009 so that means you can't sit there and say the $40 million offer was bad. Because nobody knew that 6 years later it would sell 5m ppvs.
By the way they are still counting ppv numbers and Floyd said its at about 5m now.

Also I don't think even with ppv points that Pacquiao was making $40m ever.
We'll never know how much better the fight sold, but just going by what was projected at the time, 40 million was still lacking if it was a flat fee. What did you think about the offer at the time? Was anyone surprised Manny turned it down?

And according to Seano, there's about about 12 of us that used to post as Kid McCoy. As Seano will remind everyone each and every time Kid comes up in conversation.

Never got this one either.... It was obviously one guy posting as Kid McCoy .

Unless 12 random posters have the exact same writing style , humor, knack for trolling MMA fans, and equal boxing history knowledge.

Which addresses nothing I said. I want canelo to fight ggg. GGGs promoter is saying negotiations are on or off depending on how he feels and you're saying stuff about memes and nothing about what you think about the situation. Cool.

Yes, we all want the fight, so call BS when you see it, don't worry about peer approval.
To me it feels very much like the May/Pac debacle, when Floyd actually wanted the fight it miraculously happened. When Canelo man's up it will happen, not before.

Yes, we all want the fight, so call BS when you see it, don't worry about peer approval.
To me it feels very much like the May/Pac debacle, when Floyd actually wanted the fight it miraculously happened. When Canelo man's up it will happen, not before.
You keep bringing up peer approval which seems to be your thing since you don't really post your opinion here.

What do you want me to say so I can say the opposite?

You should come and join Blunt and I by playing the ponies, Abishai. There's a thread in the betting forum if you're interested. We've had some bumps in the road along the way, but overall we've had a pretty decent spring so far landing on the right horses.

thanks for the invite boys...I'll see you there.

Right now...I'm waiting on 3 parlays to cash on Ruslan Provnikov in a couple weeks.

I need him to win.

In a separate parlay, I need Cruz, Jon Jones to win and Mexico CANNOT win the Copa America soccer tourney.

thanks for the invite boys...I'll see you there.

Right now...I'm waiting on 3 parlays to cash on Ruslan Provnikov in a couple weeks.

I need him to win.

In a separate parlay, I need Cruz, Jon Jones to win and Mexico CANNOT win the Copa America soccer tourney.
Are Nicaragua in it?

I don't think Prez ever got banned though, I think he just switched accounts for the hell of it tbh. Maybe he just wanted a different username or something. I'm pretty sure Canelo is Prez, though.

He is.

No I don't think Prez ever got the ban either. But he's come back as a milder form of his old self. Argues the same way though, and uses a lot of the same phrases. I should know because I used to argue with President all the time. But as Canelo, we cool.

Kid McCoy was the tits. A true historian of the sweet science.

His departure was a huge loss IMO.

Na, he was a guy that flew off that handle too frequently. his trolling was humorous at first, but like most SNL skits, they go on way too long and end up being painful to watch/read.

He is.

No I don't think Prez ever got the ban either. But he's come back as a milder form of his old self. Argues the same way though, and uses a lot of the same phrases. I should know because I used to argue with President all the time. But as Canelo, we cool.

Yea, the Canelo version is a lot cooler (assuming they are the same person)

The President was a piece of $hit scumbag, who needed his young ass kicked.

Canelo is actually a quality poster. I disagree with him a lot, but he's able to articulate himself in a mature manner, and not so choleric.

Never got this one either.... It was obviously one guy posting as Kid McCoy .

Unless 12 random posters have the exact same writing style , humor, knack for trolling MMA fans, and equal boxing history knowledge.
Nah, I talked to the guy all the time and he contradicted himself on his past on a regular basis. Like I said, he was either multiple people or a guy who lied when it suited his argument.

Nah, I talked to the guy all the time and he contradicted himself on his past on a regular basis. Like I said, he was either multiple people or a guy who lied when it suited his argument.
It was me and sharkey and 10 others.

If Kid really was multiple people, they should've treated the personality like the Dread Pirate Roberts.

He was probably just really old. You elderly people forget about a lot of the stuff.

im curious, what would be the weight? david had issues making 160, i doubt he'd agree to 155. and if canelo is cool with fighting him at 160 then why not just fight golovkin?

i'd be down the watch the fight though

im curious, what would be the weight? david had issues making 160, i doubt he'd agree to 155. and if canelo is cool with fighting him at 160 then why not just fight golovkin?

It would have to be 160, there's no way in hell David Lemieux makes anything below that.

He doesn't fight Golovkin because Oscar De La Hoya thinks Canelo can beat Lemieux.

Because the promoter( Golden Boy) keeps all the profit. The only negotiations are how much each fighter gets paid, as Oscar promotes both fighters.

Back