Canelo vs. GGG

Who wins?

• Total voters

Shoemaker

****INSIDIOUS****
Platinum Member
Reaction score
There wasn't a poll yet, so here we go. I thought about adding a Pick Em option because that's where I'm standing, but I figured it's more interesting to get off the fence and make a choice. So what's your take?

I'm on the fence. A year ago, I was favoring Golovkin to win relatively easily. His last few fights have sort of led me to believe that he's fading little just as Canelo is coming into his prime.

It really is a pick em IMO. I'll probably slightly favor Canelo by fight time.

If Canelo has enough power to keep GGG at bay, he might edge a decision.

I'm on the fence. A year ago, I was favoring Golovkin to win relatively easily. His last few fights have sort of led me to believe that he's fading little just as Canelo is coming into his prime.

It really is a pick em IMO. I'll probably slightly favor Canelo by fight time.
I think it's a pick 'em fight but if forced to choose I'll take Golovkin mainly due to his size and jab. Golovkin hasn't looked as good but has upped his quality of opposition while Canelo is on a string of handpicked fights. Against those guys though he looks to have improved and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins. If I had to put money down though I'd take GGG.

Golovkin via 10th round body shot.

Not sure, two fights ago I would have said GGG but not so sure now. No way Canelo KOs him though, perhaps a decision

Doesn't matter. Has nothing to do with this fight.
GGG will engage and Canelo will starch him late.

Sure it does. Canelo couldn't put away a fighter that is one tenth as talented as GGG and not nearly as durable. What evidence do you have that he can KO GGG?

I keep switching back and forth on this one. I'd like to see Canelo win because he's young and good for the future of the sport - let's face it, GGG doesn't have much longer - but I don't think he has the power to beat GGG. After seeing the Chavez fight I kinda think he'd be better at 154.

My old pick for the fight was Golovkin by late stoppage. I didn't like his late workrate against Jacobs, though (different opponents, yes, but I thought Golovkin's workrate would build with the fight, but it didn't). I'm leaning towards Golovkin by a fairly close decision.

True drama show easy work GGG
Are you worried about your next fight GGG ?

XLgeJ_s-200x150.gif

Only one guy has stopped junior and he was a light heavy weight.

Jr was a hideously drained 164, he wasn't in there to fight, and was eating clean shots for 12 rounds. If Canelo couldn't put him away, there's no way he's KO'ing GGG.

Only one guy has stopped junior and he was a light heavy weight.

I tried telling you that when you predicted an early stoppage...

Seano thinks Canelo will make it easy. But Chavez has only been stopped once, at light heavyweight. That's a tall order for Canelo, if you ask me. I'm torn. But I'm saying Canelo, UD.

f5657ea6e8a5225a9c0c692817d5bf5c-micdrop07.gif

...that being said I agree with Seano here for the most part. GGG has looked a bit faded in his last 2 fights, and Canelo is in his absolute prime right now. He's taken no abuse at all lately, and he has that young-fighter suddenness behind his punches. It's going to be a pick-em type of fight. I lean towards Golovkin though, because he is much more established in the middleweight division and his chin is 100% proven at that weight.

Back