Canelo vs GGG rematch close

Who wins?

• Total voters
I'm glad me and @Sakuraba7 agree though. It's all baseless speculation to claim that any scorecard in Canelo/Golovkin was an act of corruption.

Quality reply, thanks for the write up. I admit I rant a little stongly about this fight as well, but I thought Canelo looked pretty good last time out, despite the conditioning which was frustrating to see. Maybe he was punching himself out trying to keep up more than conserving his energy on the ropes, but his defensive skills allowed for those breaks and they were long breaks if activity from Canelo at that.

My question for you is, If GGG couldn't really put it to Canelo when Canelo was practically taking power naps on the ropes for 2/3rds of rounds, what's he going to change up to get him this time? Yes, I suppose maybe if he returns to fundamentals and tries to eek out the dec outpointing Canelo like he did last time, but that's not "his fight", that's not what got him where he is. Canelo is gonna fight his own style fight all night and more naturally and GGG is gonna be the one that has to fight outside his normal tendencies. I still think going into this with what we know, GGG has the most adjustment to make.

I'm really looking forward to the fight, friend! Can't friggn wait!

Canelo was making GGG miss all night, quite easily too

Made GGG timid of the counters

If Canelo improves his cardio and increases his punch output he should take a decision

Except we can all have a consensus, and the consensus is that her's is out of line; that's not the case with the draw card. I also didn't say she was corrupt, I said I was open to investigation. Difference.

I'm also not trying to discredit any of the cards. That's you. Hence the onus is on you to provide proof.

J6wXl.gif

SMH.

<{nope}> .

Hopefully GGG has this, by decision. I don't see GGG stopping Canelo, and vice versa.

GGG... I hope it's another slugfest.

We saw them fight for 12 rounds and I'm still having a hard time picking the rematch. There's some obvious adjustments both of them can make but the biggest obstacle is gonna be for Canelo to improve his stamina. GGG is relentless.

I'm a Golovkin fan, but he was somewhat looking his age in that fight. There were targets that he could have easily taken but it looked like he couldnt pull the trigger.

One of those cards was a draw, mind you. Only one judge gave it to Golovkin. And batshit BYRD gave it to Canelo. So there was definitely heavy leeway towards Canelo from the judges.

There was from one judge, without a doubt; Byrd's card was absurd. The other two cards were completely within the realm of reason.

Quality reply, thanks for the write up. I admit I rant a little stongly about this fight as well, but I thought Canelo looked pretty good last time out, despite the conditioning which was frustrating to see. Maybe he was punching himself out trying to keep up more than conserving his energy on the ropes, but his defensive skills allowed for those breaks and they were long breaks if activity from Canelo at that.

My question for you is, If GGG couldn't really put it to Canelo when Canelo was practically taking power naps on the ropes for 2/3rds of rounds, what's he going to change up to get him this time? Yes, I suppose maybe if he returns to fundamentals and tries to eek out the dec outpointing Canelo like he did last time, but that's not "his fight", that's not what got him where he is. Canelo is gonna fight his own style fight all night and more naturally and GGG is gonna be the one that has to fight outside his normal tendencies. I still think going into this with what we know, GGG has the most adjustment to make.

I'm really looking forward to the fight, friend! Can't friggn wait!

I'd say that GGG was winning the rounds when Canelo was "power napping" (even if Canelo wasn't getting battered around, he sure wasn't winning), so all he'd have to do is make managaeable changes.

If he went into the first fight expecting to get fucked by the judges, he would fight to finish, not to methodically break down his opponent. There is a difference. One is sensitive to time so he rushes things, the other is patient and doesn't get sloppy. GGG seemed willing to trade the last 3 rounds and that may have been because he wanted to put it on Canelo in the hopes of breaking him down rather than letting his technique bear its methodical fruit. Obviously, I am not GGG, but I know if I was him I'd be worried about Byrd's track record for scoring Canelo fights and that would be in my head.

But, to answer your question: GGG can and should fight behind his telephone pole jab the WHOLE night and trust that that will carry the day when he anchors his punch selection around that. He also needs to feint more and throw the right to the body. He can and has done all of those things. More of that and less od the angsty pursuit are a few but significant changes that will go far. Why? Because Canelo is always going to struggle with a guy that outjabs him. That will be a career problem for him. He also takes as many breaks as he can so making him react to feints and the jab will make him cede the initiative even more to Golovkin. If GGG can do that, he will make Canelo second guess when the actual right hand to the head happens. Not saying this makes for a perfect GGG peeformance, but it does diminish Canelo. If the other two cards are any indicator, just a couple of adjustments from GGG can get him the fight.

I'm a Golovkin fan, but he was somewhat looking his age in that fight. There were targets that he could have easily taken but it looked like he couldnt pull the trigger.
Eh I think his target was just damn good.
CRvUbiY.gif

That's because he was fighting canelos caliber.

GGG is slightly past him prime IMO...I think Canelo will take more chances with his speed/aggression this time around.

Some fighters just cannot fix some of their weaknesses. If you have a weak chin for example. In Canelo's case his stamina issues are going to remain a constant for his career. The fact that he has to take time off in rounds will always be an issue, especially against a constant pressure fighter who has a great chin.

I'm glad me and @Sakuraba7 agree though. It's all baseless speculation to claim that any scorecard in Canelo/Golovkin was an act of corruption.
just admit it we all know these ufc judges are curropt

Given I’m not going to read all of these walls of text I think golovkin lost to jacobs and canelo but both close I don’t see canelo losing just because I have to factor what judges say. I’ll watch the card and give my rbr but golovkin isn’t some King Kong here. Jacobs beat him, canelo I can handle the draw but I think he won. Explain your cards if you disagree.

Some fighters just cannot fix some of their weaknesses. If you have a weak chin for example. In Canelo's case his stamina issues are going to remain a constant for his career. The fact that he has to take time off in rounds will always be an issue, especially against a constant pressure fighter who has a great chin.
I agree. Luckily for Canelo, GGG is the only guy that can apply that kind of pressure while having a solid chin. And GGG is a winnable fight for Canelo.

What did he do differently to make you think this?
Dude I watched hours of golovkin before jacobs. Saying he’s got old is saying his young stuff would’ve been as good as his old stuff. His technique is tighter the tells are still there but no, not old.

Back