Canelo vs GGG rematch close

Who wins?

• Total voters
I get your point. It's not a huge change, but then we've got to take Canelo into consideration. His uppercut is very sharp and can punish lots of attempts at working his body. GGG's timing and combos have to be very unpredictable, and it's not his forte.
2SgAvkf.gif

Canelo landed a beaut of a body punch in that fight that I think almost ended the fight. I don't recall when but I think it was pretty late in the fight, early in a round.

I’ll check those final rounds. I remember he landed one but Golovkin got his elbow there in time to keep it away from the sweet spot.

I’ll check those final rounds. I remember he landed one but Golovkin got his elbow there in time to keep it away from the sweet spot.
I believe Max made his patented "OH!" sound when the shot landed.

I don't remember either guy being even close to finished in that fight. Canelo's got sexy bodyshots, tho, that's for sure

I love that gif. Canelo drops a hammer and gets out, Golovkin eats it and just looks pissed off returning fire.

Those are two bad ass dudes.

GGG won the first one but I feel canelo will look better in this one and will probably take it. I mean he lost the first fight and got a draw so Second fight he should get a win gifted or natural.

GGG wins. It goes to a rubber match that Canelo wins. Three close decisions.

It makes dollars so it makes sense for both guys. Afterwards, GGG looks for BJS who will probably suddenly talk his way out of negotiations and then GGG retires.

I think the moment really got to GGG last time.

Knowing he was fighting his best opponent ever in his biggest fight which was one of the biggest fights of the modern era was a bit too much for him. He looked incredibly tense in the locker room before the fight when he is normally and smiles and obviously relaxed. Once the fight started he looked a little lost and even somewhat gassed early. He did recover and put on a great fight but the moment took it's toll for sure. I think this time he comes in ready but not shocked by the gravity of the fight itself and looks way better either winning clearly or stopping Canelo in the middle rounds.

Canelo has been in those types of huge fights before against guys like Mayweather and Cotto so being in "the big show" doesn't really phase him at all. I think he'll fight a little more and sit on the ropes a little less which could be good or bad for him but great for the fans.

The fact there is no rematch clause for this one means it will probably be the last time it ever happens. If Canelo wins he won't want to mess with GGG ever again. If GGG wins he is probably done boxing with an outside chance of trying to take Saunders belt and retire undefeated and undisputed like a fucking kingpin. So I'm willing to pay without hesitation for this one. The only thing disappointing about the first fight was the judging.

i hope you're right, but i honestly don't see it happening.

golovkin is old, and with the draw they put what, another 8 months on him? that's a lot of time at the tail of your career. compare how he looked against lemieux and canelo, both his physique and the way he moved. now i know an opponent like david can make you look a lot better than canelo does, but there's a clear difference in how he jabbed. even his jab vs danny looked a lot sharper than vs canelo.

but people who say canelo's stamina is a problem are idiots. he hasn't gassed in years. those who say gennady was only used to fighting cans are also idiots.

the only hope i have for golovkin is that canelo hit him with an atomic fucking punch in the 9th and gennady barely took half a step backwards. i mean that shot should've knocked him out, let alone drop him, and golovkin ate it like a cookie. so unless his chin is suddenly gone, he doesn't have much to fear from canelo and could open up on his body more often. i don't think he can go headhunting on canelo and be successful, alvarez has great upper body movement, is a good counter puncher, and has a granite chin of his own. if GGG is going to win this, it will be by breaking his body and putting a beating on him late.

if golovkin can fend old age off for a little longer, we're in for another great fight. i fear he will look pretty bad by the time they fight, though.

also, i think a ridiculous scorecard in favor of canelo is guaranteed no matter which way the fight goes.

GGG needs to start faster and go to the body more (even though he clearly won last time anyway) to put it beyond doubt

Canelo has had slow feet and cant fight at a consistent pace for 12 rds his entire career, he's basically a finished article, I don't see him doing much more different for a rematch

To be fair he was 19.
and he stopped him not long after getting hit with that.

max says it all the time and it's such a cliche, but canelo really does respond like a champion whenever they come after him. he takes a shot, but then fights back like a maniac.

GGG has obviously trained cutting off the ring when Canelo gets on his bike. Stoppage Rd 10.

i hope you're right, but i honestly don't see it happening.

golovkin is old, and with the draw they put what, another 8 months on him? that's a lot of time at the tail of your career. compare how he looked against lemieux and canelo, both his physique and the way he moved. now i know an opponent like david can make you look a lot better than canelo does, but there's a clear difference in how he jabbed. even his jab vs danny looked a lot sharper than vs canelo.

but people who say canelo's stamina is a problem are idiots. he hasn't gassed in years. those who say gennady was only used to fighting cans are also idiots.

the only hope i have for golovkin is that canelo hit him with an atomic fucking punch in the 9th and gennady barely took half a step backwards. i mean that shot should've knocked him out, let alone drop him, and golovkin ate it like a cookie. so unless his chin is suddenly gone, he doesn't have much to fear from canelo and could open up on his body more often. i don't think he can go headhunting on canelo and be successful, alvarez has great upper body movement, is a good counter puncher, and has a granite chin of his own. if GGG is going to win this, it will be by breaking his body and putting a beating on him late.

if golovkin can fend old age off for a little longer, we're in for another great fight. i fear he will look pretty bad by the time they fight, though.

also, i think a ridiculous scorecard in favor of canelo is guaranteed no matter which way the fight goes.

This. I worry that GGG is going to show his age in there. He's right on the cusp of looking old as a fighter. Have we seen it already or is it because he's fighting the best competition? Probably both. But definitely working the body more is a tactic that could be a way for Gennady to win. He just has to watch out for those nasty uppercut counters.

Solid write ups itt. Good stuff.

Back