Canelo vs GGG rematch close

Who wins?

• Total voters
For reference,

__BUdg.gif

A glimpse of Cotto in that hook.
That fight is why it took me so long to get on the Canelo hype train.

Atlas picked Canelo. So yea, easy work for GGG now.

Last edited:
To be fair he was 19.

To be fair he was 19.
8 yrs ago in boxing is a lifetime, most guy's careers... Yeah any grown man gonna get his licks in on any 19yr old NOT named Mike Tyson.

Heats says GGG. Head says Canelo. Could go either way but I think Canelo will have a better feel for GGG's timing this go around. Those counters will be coming much easier. Still, this is gonna be a war.

Ggg wins, it's likely going to be another close fight, but ggg wins

I'm pulling for GGG but he's got to come with something different this time. More jabs and more body. I want to see GGG 2.0 this time.

I'm pulling for GGG but he's got to come with something different this time. More jabs and more body. I want to see GGG 2.0 this time.

Improving tactically at his age between 2 fights against a young, skilled opponent who can take his punch would be quite an achievement. I'm rooting for GGG, but Canelo 2 is a tall order.

Improving tactically at his age between 2 fights against a young, skilled opponent who can take his punch would be quite an achievement. I'm rooting for GGG, but Canelo 2 is a tall order.
Yeah a big tactical change I grant you, but is asking for more of the same i.e the jab which he was already working quite well and hitting to the body more, which he's done in previous fights, that much of a change?

Yeah a big tactical change I grant you, but is asking for more of the same i.e the jab which he was already working quite well and hitting to the body more, which he's done in previous fights, that much of a change?

I get your point. It's not a huge change, but then we've got to take Canelo into consideration. His uppercut is very sharp and can punish lots of attempts at working his body. GGG's timing and combos have to be very unpredictable, and it's not his forte.

I get your point. It's not a huge change, but then we've got to take Canelo into consideration. His uppercut is very sharp and can punish lots of attempts at working his body. GGG's timing and combos have to be very unpredictable, and it's not his forte.
Yeah Canelo does have a great uppercut and we don't know what he's going to do differently this time, if he does at all. I feel as though we got to see all Canelo had in that fight but not everything that GGG has. I could be biased though.

Yeah Canelo does have a great uppercut and we don't know what he's going to do differently this time, if he does at all. I feel as though we got to see all Canelo had in that fight but not everything that GGG has. I could be biased though.

I wholeheartedly hope you're right on this one, even if I don't think so.

eh, we did see all Golovkin has in that fight. His 1,1,2 didn't work and he was lost.

Golvkin is a great middleweight but he has no versatility.

eh, we did see all Golovkin has in that fight. His 1,1,2 didn't work and he was lost.

He still won or drew at worst in most ppl's opinions. I wouldn't argue at all with Canelo 115-113 but most agree that he did enough to at least draw or win close with those 1,1,2's. He's gotta work the body more this time, he's always done it. He might get hit hard for his efforts at points, but Canelo was already hitting him hard throughout the fight, might as well take a few more to put some money in the bank downstairs.

He missed quite a few punches but he also did land a lot of jabs.

That being said, he's no master of adjustments.

We're not talking a big change here for him to work the body more and his jab was working pretty well for the most part. It's not about being versatile it's about doing more of what your good at already. Right tool for the job.

We're not talking a big change here for him to work the body more and his jab was working pretty well for the most part. It's not about being versatile it's about doing more of what your good at already. Right tool for the job.

I agree Golovkin should've gone to the body more but it's not like he suddenly forgot how. Same could be said for Canelo. Both guys had to fight differently than they normally like to. Canelo had to move his feet more than he likes to early because he couldn't risk giving someone like Golovkin unchecked initiative moving forward; and Golovkin couldn't bury his head in Canelo's chest like he likes to because Canelo's uppercuts and body shots are vicious.

I agree Golovkin should've gone to the body more but it's not like he suddenly forgot how. Same could be said for Canelo. Both guys had to fight differently than they normally like to. Canelo had to move his feet more than he likes to early because he couldn't risk giving someone like Golovkin unchecked initiative moving forward; and Golovkin couldn't bury his head in Canelo's chest like he likes to because Canelo's uppercuts and body shots are vicious.
Canelo landed a beaut of a body punch in that fight that I think almost ended the fight. I don't recall when but I think it was pretty late in the fight, early in a round.

Back