Canelo vs GGG 2 Media Scorecards

My take is that it was really close it can come down to one or two rounds. Canelo edged the first half of the fight while GGG woke up later and seemed to edge the other half.

Surprised by the aggression and pushing of the pace from Canelo. I think a draw would be a fair result in this one but I can't snap on anyone that feels either man did a little bit more and deserves the win. In no way shape or form was this a robbery for anyone.. robberies don't happen when the fight can legit go for anyone it's that close.

So first fight for GGG and the second fight a draw is my scoring.

Now too bad the fight got a black eye with the PEDs scandal and the judges in the first bout.. and I feel GGG is about to hit or already hit the down slide part of his career his pushing on 37 and has been doing this for a long ass time, many amateur bouts and lots of training since he was a kid. If a third fight happens a year or two from now it will be a clear Canelo win.
By the third fight, if there is one, GGG will be a year or two older and I see it going much more Canelos way who is at his peak just now. Shame as GGG should have won both bouts in my opinion.

One of em couldn't make the fight happen while the other one kept fighting trying to make it happen. Ward is IMO the best boxer of the last 30 years. He ducked him.

Jesus. First of all, Ward isn't the best boxer of the last 30 years. He's damn good, but Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hopkins, and Jones, at the very least, are better fighters (there are other guys who I'd rate ahead of him, but those are the uncontroversial choices). Second of all, when did Ward duck Golovkin? Ward was actually very open to the fight (because it was easy money for him due to the size difference and style clash), but I'd never accuse Golovkin of ducking because he never had any obligation to fight a guy bigger than him. To claim Ward ducked Golovkin boggles the mind; it was an ideal fight for Ward.

Being completely impartial I had GGG winning by two rounds, I also thought he won the first fight. Canelo always gets favors from judges, the cotto fight should have been closer, the Lara fight could have been a loss, both GGG fights were losses IMHO and Floyd fight had a judge even or for Canelo I think. It’s just bullshit, I don’t need some clueless judge to tell me who won or lost when it is clear. To me GGG is still undefeated even if canelo fought a hell of a fight.

Jesus. First of all, Ward isn't the best boxer of the last 30 years. He's damn good, but Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hopkins, and Jones, at the very least, are better fighters (there are other guys who I'd rate ahead of him, but those are the uncontroversial choices). Second of all, when did Ward duck Golovkin? Ward was actually very open to the fight (because it was easy money for him due to the size difference and style clash), but I'd never accuse Golovkin of ducking because he never had any obligation to fight a guy bigger than him. To claim Ward ducked Golovkin boggles the mind; it was an ideal fight for Ward.

Ward kept saying he was open to the fight but his management kept going with others. Golovkin has had dudes dodging him for literal years. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hopkins and Jones aren't better than Ward IMO.

I'm just posting that the majority of the media thought GGG won. It means more than my or your opinion - it's essentially the publics general opinion, condensed.
except for most of the media are dumb fucks that are bias towards GGG due to the first fight and the failed VADA test and feel GGG point fighting should've got him the win.

I'm actually a little surprised that so many people are calling this fight a robbery. It was very close, I felt Canelo edged it based off of his ring generalship and power punching in the rounds I felt he won.

Is all this just because people felt the first fight was a robbery?

except for most of the media are dumb fucks that are bias towards GGG due to the first fight and the failed VADA test and feel GGG point fighting should've got him the win.
You can add that he's also the champion and canelo the challenger.. when was the last time a decision like this went to the challenger?

Coincidentally also the future of the ppv market? I call shennanigans.

I think he is in the wrong for doing this. I dont know his motives for doing it.

Keeping good standing with canelos team so they may agree to a 3rd fight. That's my opinion.

I know this is a necro bump, but I was rewatching the fight for the first time, and I was reminded how controversial the initial ruling was.

It seems like with the passage of time, people seemed to accept Canelo winning and that he got the better of triple GGG overall.

I personally disagree, and it make me a bit salty that GGG didn't get the respect he deserved. Now that he is in his late 30s, it's unlikely that he will get a third crack at Canelo, but it seems like they robbed the man of going down as one of the best fighters of all time.

Canelo got all the shine, despite GGG arguably beating him twice.

The first fight was a draw. Canelo won the second one.

Back