Canelo vs GGG 2 Media Scorecards

Courage doesn't win you fights.

His argument was "If you're not judging round for round" when that's literally the fucking job.

Add in the fact Ward dodged GGG. While I think Ward was the best boxer in the world he ducked him.

Lol, Ward ducked Golovkin? Where do people come up with this shit?

I had it a close fight and I think a draw would have actually been a good result for this fight. BUT even though I'm GGG fan I can see that you could have Canelo winning the fight. Not nearly as controversial the result of their first fight.

I think this is a perfect example of why the "media" can't and shouldn't be trusted to score fights accurately, or that their scorecards reflect who actually won the fight.

Fucking Teddy Atlas scored it 117-111....Sorry but that is an absolute joke. You can say he's the media or respected boxing mind and I agree. His scorecard is a fucking joke. Bottom line.

That fight was incredible and razor thin. Many, if not most had it even going into the final round and Alvarez fucking won that round.. As far as I'm concerned that won him the fight and he was the rightful victor.

Boxing fans constantly crying robbery are making the sport a joke. There was no robbery in this fight and the right man won.

I can respect a scorecard for GGG but anyone giving him more than 1 round over Canelo is out of their minds. The best you can give GGG is 115-113. Anything more is very suspect.

Usually refs start in the amateurs I believe and there is a certification program from the ABC.
I’m going to have to look into this. I’d assume the certification program is decent, but after being through a few certs myself (for things unrelated to boxing) I know that quality can vary.

As for last night, I don’t think anyone should complain too loudly. Abel Sanchez is doing the smart thing by accepting the decision and not raising a stink. There’s a trilogy in the making, no need to poison it with negativity.

My bad I should have time stamped it. I think I heard what I wanted to and shut off the video.

I meant the part where he's talking about Canelo being in control most of the fight. He was the one controlling where the fight went until about the 9th (not saying he won the first 9, just saying they where going at Canelo's pace, which is also probably why he didn't take any rounds off like he usually does). The jab counts if you're the one controlling the pace (or effectively boxing on the back foot like Canelo did for a few rounds in the first fight). GGG wasn't, that was a reactive jab.

GGG won the first fight for the same reason. GGG controlled the pace, and even though Canelo did box effectively for a few rounds, once he got tired GGG took over. Both fights where extremely close though, we need a trilogy.
The jab counts if it’s landing. A reactive jab still has some power and still impacts the flow of the fight.

The problem with these fights is that we don’t agree on what we see, the judges hold the power, and the result is definitive. Lampley closing with ggg was great, canelo was greater is such bullshit. He would have said the opposite if there were 3 different judges.

I’m really confused about this. I saw Canelo winning by a round or two. I wouldn’t have hated a draw but Canelo winning was a better decision.

He walked GGG down. Landed harder shots. Came back strong every time he got hit.

Lol, Ward ducked Golovkin? Where do people come up with this shit?

One of em couldn't make the fight happen while the other one kept fighting trying to make it happen. Ward is IMO the best boxer of the last 30 years. He ducked him.

My bad I should have time stamped it. I think I heard what I wanted to and shut off the video.

I meant the part where he's talking about Canelo being in control most of the fight. He was the one controlling where the fight went until about the 9th (not saying he won the first 9, just saying they where going at Canelo's pace, which is also probably why he didn't take any rounds off like he usually does). The jab counts if you're the one controlling the pace (or effectively boxing on the back foot like Canelo did for a few rounds in the first fight). GGG wasn't, that was a reactive jab.

GGG won the first fight for the same reason. GGG controlled the pace, and even though Canelo did box effectively for a few rounds, once he got tired GGG took over. Both fights where extremely close though, we need a trilogy.

He wasn't in control though, Golovkin was dictating the distance on the outside and force Canelo to move. Canelo rarely cut the angles off and pushed GGG to the corner.

Harold Lederman (HBO Sports): 116-112 Golovkin

Brian Campbell (CBS sports): 116-112 Golovkin

Dan Rafael (ESPN): 114-114 draw

Stephen A. Smith (ESPN): Golovkin won

Arash Markazi (ESPN): 114-114 draw

Brett Okamoto (ESPN): 114-114 draw

Teddy Atlas - Golovkin won

Salvador Rodríguez (ESPN Mexico): 114-114 draw

Eduardo Lamazón (Televisa): 116-112 Golovkin

Gareth A Davies (The Telegraph): 116-112 Golovkin

Josh Peter (USA Today): 115-113 Golovkin

Sports Illustrated: 114-114 draw

Dylan Hernandez (LA Times): 115-113 Golovkin

Lance Pugmire (La Times): 114-114 draw

BoxingScene: 114-114 draw

Chris Mannix (Yahoo! Sports): 115-113 Golovkin

Kevin Iole (Yahoo! Sports): 114-114 draw

The Guardian: 116-112 Golovkin

Joe DePaolo (Washington Post): 115-113 Golovkin

Mike Coppinger (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw

Douglass Fischer (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw

Mike Baca II (Ring Magazine and Undisputed Champion Network): 115-113 Golovkin

Al Bernstein (Showtime Sports): Golovkin won

Sherdog.com: 116-112 Golovkin

Jai Bednall (news.com.au): 115-113 Golovkin

Brian Mazique (Forbes): 114-114 draw

Adam Abramowitz (Ring Magazine and SN Boxing): 115-113 Golovkin

Tom Craze (Bad Left Hook): 116-112 Golovkin

Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin

Anton Tabuena (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin

The Associated Press: 114-114 draw

Adam Caparell (Complex Sports): 116-112 Golovkin

Bill Simmons (HBO and The Ringer): 114-114 draw

Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News): 116-112 Golovkin

Andreas Hale (Sporting News): Golovkin won

Graham Houston (Boxing Monthly): Canelo won

Michael Montero (MonteroOnBoxing): 115-113 Golovkin

Matt Christie (Boxing News): 115-114 Golovkin

George Willis (New York Post): 114-114 draw

Gary Melo (SportsNet Canada): Golovkin won

Below The Belt Podcast: 115-113 Golovkin

World Boxing News: 115-113 Golovkin

Jeff Powell (Daily Mail): 116-113 Golovkin

Marcos Villegas (Fight Hub TV): 114-114 draw

Michelle Rosado (Raging Babe): 115-113 Canelo

Michelle Joy Phelps (Behind the Gloves): 115-113 Golovkin

Lennox Lewis: Golovkin won by 2 rounds

Fight Nights: 115-113 Golovkin

Michael Woods (NYFights.com): two point edge for Golovkin

Dieter Kurtenbach (San Jose Mercury News and the East Bay Times): Golovkin won by 3 rounds

Rafael G (the Fight City): 116-112 Golovkin

34 for GGG, 2 for Canelo, 15 for Draw

average fan scorecard (1773 fans): 116-113 Golovkin

Pinched from reddit..

Lol, Bish... even Abel knows they didn't win.. he's trying to say it was a draw. GGG got his ass kicked, Period.

boxingnewsnow.comcdn.images.express.co_.uk-4fe6deeb1f45cb6c2f538546f6bdaec5d332adab.jpg

LDN-L-GGG-CANELO-FIGHT-0916-6_268145371.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

JUST LOL !! CANELO'S READY FOR 12 MORE ROUNDS !!

<Oku02> .

GGG won. It was not quite a robbery but he won more rounds for me, and some of those rounds were close but for the most part it should have been clear he's the winner.

Some people would see it differently but it's telling when the overwhelming majority of fans, media, analysts, commentators and even sherdoggers are all saying GGG won. Then a small minority say "you are only butthurt" no.. i don't think that's it.

I had it even at after 10 Rnds Canelo started strong and out worked GGG in the early rnds with constant forward pressure and landing the cleaner crisper punchs. Then I feel he took the foot of the peddle and his punch rate slowed and he allowed GGG to set into his rhythm and land his jab more affectively and controll the fight while on the backfoot.

Rnd 11 I gave GGG and 12 could of gone ether personaly I gave it to GGG

If only the media scores actually mattered.

Much harder to bribe all media outlets than it is to bribe three judges.

Plus it’s not like you pull someone away from their job as a CEO of Microsoft to judge a fist fight.

He wasn't in control though, Golovkin was dictating the distance on the outside and force Canelo to move. Canelo rarely cut the angles off and pushed GGG to the corner.
Yeah sorry man, we definitely saw different fights then.

The jab counts if it’s landing. A reactive jab still has some power and still impacts the flow of the fight.

The problem with these fights is that we don’t agree on what we see, the judges hold the power, and the result is definitive. Lampley closing with ggg was great, canelo was greater is such bullshit. He would have said the opposite if there were 3 different judges.
You're right about one thing judging is way too subjective.

To say boxing ia corrupt is an understatement. But i think these two fights were scored rather well. Ive boxed many rounds and when your in the ring with a power puncher a significant strike should count a lot, maybe even 3x more than a jab. I think a lot of people put emphasis on controlling the fight with the jab (Teddy Atlas) but with a sniper like Canelo, and a ko artist like GGG i dojt think you can put nearly the emphasis on a jab and a power punch. Now if you got a fight with two guys with not much power it could be scored differently. But i think they got it right. Many people (including me) have a big hard on for Triple GGG because he represents what is right with the sport. But i think all in all the fights were scored well.. This wasnt a real blatant example of corruption by any means

I think this is a perfect example of why the "media" can't and shouldn't be trusted to score fights accurately, or that their scorecards reflect who actually won the fight.

Fucking Teddy Atlas scored it 117-111....Sorry but that is an absolute joke. You can say he's the media or respected boxing mind and I agree. His scorecard is a fucking joke. Bottom line.

That fight was incredible and razor thin. Many, if not most had it even going into the final round and Alvarez fucking won that round.. As far as I'm concerned that won him the fight and he was the rightful victor.

Boxing fans constantly crying robbery are making the sport a joke. There was no robbery in this fight and the right man won.

I can respect a scorecard for GGG but anyone giving him more than 1 round over Canelo is out of their minds. The best you can give GGG is 115-113. Anything more is very suspect.
Teddy Atlas decides how the fight will go a week before it happens and sticks to it.

One of em couldn't make the fight happen while the other one kept fighting trying to make it happen. Ward is IMO the best boxer of the last 30 years. He ducked him.
you're right, you just have the wrong guys.

Didn't score the fight but overall I believe GGG edged it. Reasonable score cards though so I won't complain.

Back