Canelo vs GGG 2 Media Scorecards

My take is that it was really close it can come down to one or two rounds. Canelo edged the first half of the fight while GGG woke up later and seemed to edge the other half.

Surprised by the aggression and pushing of the pace from Canelo. I think a draw would be a fair result in this one but I can't snap on anyone that feels either man did a little bit more and deserves the win. In no way shape or form was this a robbery for anyone.. robberies don't happen when the fight can legit go for anyone it's that close.

So first fight for GGG and the second fight a draw is my scoring.

Now too bad the fight got a black eye with the PEDs scandal and the judges in the first bout.. and I feel GGG is about to hit or already hit the down slide part of his career his pushing on 37 and has been doing this for a long ass time, many amateur bouts and lots of training since he was a kid. If a third fight happens a year or two from now it will be a clear Canelo win.

I had GGG, too, but every one of those rounds was as close to even as you could get. So no surprise that there’s some disagreement this morning.

It amused me to read the Lennox Lewis is apparently an untrained observer. And the implication that while fans are “untrained”, judges are trained and know what they’re doing. I’d really like to know what the training for a boxing judge entails. Does anyone know. Is the average judge more or less trained than, say, Jim Lampley?
Usually refs start in the amateurs I believe and there is a certification program from the ABC.

I'm just posting that the majority of the media thought GGG won. It means more than my or your opinion - it's essentially the publics general opinion, condensed.
Thank god fight outcomes aren't in the hands of the general public, condensed soups or otherwise... have you seen the cards general public comes up with some times? My word.

They all know Canelo controlled the fight counter punched the hell out of GGG and made him miss, the only thing GGG was doing better was jabs, Canelo even did more body work then GGG.

Punch stats even tell you Canelo landed more power punches, and more body shots, but GGG landed more jabs and where i am from, someone doesn't win a fight landing less power punches and body shots, but only landing more jabs.

Also like everyone had seen, GGG didn't want to fight Mexican style and kept moving backwards and shackling his head after getting rocked, while Canelo was moving forward and backing GGG up.

They see what they want to see because it's a close fight maybe 2 round sway either way to most because fans want to give GGG the benefit of doubt, so they take advantage of this and claim GGG got robbed when the fight wasn't close and I had GGG only winning 4 rounds 8-rounds to 4 rounds Canelo.

But maybe some rounds could've went both ways and the better jabbing in certain rounds gave GGG more rounds, like the judges 115 to 113 Canelo and then certain fans saw it a draw.

But this fight was great but GGG lost and Canelo actually fought him not backing up and traded while GGG was gassing and looking worried as hell.

Canelo won rather easily, but could've shut him out with more body punches and jabs, the jabs made the fight seen closer then everyone thought.

These people are watching a fight live with distractions, like loud noise and people standing up and walking bye judging a fight that could've been a draw or two points either way and this depends on what punches you thought landing while 30,000 or more people screem drunk and failing all over the place and you have ropes blocking your view.

Everyone should be watching fights on close up Tvs with 100% viewing capabilities and then judge fights.

Then everyone ask people who had seen the fight live and drunk in the blood seats and they can't see crap because everyone is on the phone or standing up blocking everyones View, while that night when everyone is drunk GGG won, then they sober up and Canelo won or it's a draw.

Everyone is giving GGG the benefit of doubt because he's champion and getting old, while Canelo is young and has time to be champion, so a easy fight to score they either make it a draw or 2 point win either way.

When Canelo made GGG miss and pay and landed more power punches and body shots, where i am from, that fighter wins the fight and fighters don't win fights just landing more jabs because power body and head shots count more because they do more damage and are more effective.
gbwNt1m.gif

Thank god fight outcomes aren't in the hands of the general public, condensed soups or otherwise... have you seen the cards general public comes up with some times? My word.

This is not just the general public though. This is boxing experts, media outlets and world champion boxers, their opinions tend to reflect the general publics opinions though.

Have you seen some scorecards the judges come up with in fighting sports? It goes both ways but here we have over 50 opinions from experts, as opposed to 3 judges. There's a reason people say "don't leave it in the hands of the judges", no?

It's not a secret that the judges seem to favour Canelo for whatever reason... as discussed in an early post in this thread. He has more than one occasion involving questionable scorecards, for example - he got 114-114 against Mayweather on a scorecard.

This is not just the general public though. This is boxing experts, media outlets and world champion boxers, their opinions tend to reflect the general publics opinions though.

Have you seen some scorecards the judges come up with in fighting sports? It goes both ways but here we have over 50 opinions from experts, as opposed to 3 judges. There's a reason people say "don't leave it in the hands of the judges", no?

It's not a secret that the judges seem to favour Canelo for whatever reason... as discussed in an early post in this thread. He has more than one occasion involving questionable scorecards.

Lara fight
Floyd fight
First GGG fight and this one

Even the trout fight had questionable scoring. The guy has 0 signature wins except against a depleted kirkland and severely outweighed khan. All his big fights, every single one has had questionable scoring.

Looks like alot of ggg dick riders to me

I don't know shit about boxing? lol. Stop being bitter.

I'm just posting the media scorecards because they are overwhelmingly in favour of GGG whilst Canelo got the decision - hence it's an interesting post.

At the end of the day, to say that all these people are uneducated and don't know what they're looking for is absurdly incorrect.
You don't. Canelo boxed GGG up and was in control of most of the fight(most rounds). He was the aggressor and pushed GGG back. You only score for the fighter on the back foot if they're effectively boxing, GGG wasn't. Most of his offense came from trying to push Canelo forward, but Canelo would continuously take control of the attrition.

I scored the first fight for GGG for the same reason. He was backing Canelo up, and even though Canelo did box effectively for a few rounds, GGG took over as soon as Canelo tired.

You don't. Canelo boxed GGG up and was in control of most of the fight(most rounds). He was the aggressor and pushed GGG back. You only score for the fighter on the back foot if they're effectively boxing, GGG wasn't. Most of his offense came from trying to push Canelo forward, but Canelo would continuously take control of the attrition.

I scored the first fight for GGG for the same reason. He was backing Canelo up, and even though Canelo did box effectively for a few rounds, GGG took over as soon as Canelo tired.

Don't I? When did I pick a winner?

These aren't my scorecards. By your statement, Lennox Lewis knows nothing about boxing.

i had GGG winning 7-5 but im not pissed canelo won this time

its just disgusting he got robbed of a legit W on his record and has a phony ass draw for the first fight. that was the definition of a robbery and protecting canelos record. now this fight is super close and they give canelo the decision, lol. thats what pisses a lot of GGG fans off like myself. that first fight was bogus

Don't I? When did I pick a winner?

These aren't my scorecards. By your statement, Lennox Lewis knows nothing about boxing.
Sorry misread that, I'm a fool.

Edit: if you did pick GGG tho

Exactly. Because butt hurt fans score the fight for their favorites regardless of what actually is happening in the fight then go on year long social media tantrums about it.

People need to learn to score a fight and stop calling every close decision a robbery.

I am neutral on both fighters but Canelo last night stepped it up, but he still lost 8-4 or 7-5. Just the reality of objectively evaluating the action. Canelo did better than I thought he would have too.

Edit: if you did pick GGG tho

Courage doesn't win you fights.

His argument was "If you're not judging round for round" when that's literally the fucking job.

Add in the fact Ward dodged GGG. While I think Ward was the best boxer in the world he ducked him.

m96jjd.jpg

Looks like alot of ggg dick riders to me

Not GGG dick riders. Just Canelo haters.

It doesn't matter who the opponent is . Box him up and use your feet ?? " HE RAN ". Walk him down and kick his ass again " boxing is corrupt and they paid off the judges ".

<Dana05> I guess the judges would't take the money in the floyd fight ?? Right ??

<DCrying> WHAAA !!

Courage doesn't win you fights.

His argument was "If you're not judging round for round" when that's literally the fucking job.

Add in the fact Ward dodged GGG. While I think Ward was the best boxer in the world he ducked him.
My bad I should have time stamped it. I think I heard what I wanted to and shut off the video.

I meant the part where he's talking about Canelo being in control most of the fight. He was the one controlling where the fight went until about the 9th (not saying he won the first 9, just saying they where going at Canelo's pace, which is also probably why he didn't take any rounds off like he usually does). The jab counts if you're the one controlling the pace (or effectively boxing on the back foot like Canelo did for a few rounds in the first fight). GGG wasn't, that was a reactive jab.

GGG won the first fight for the same reason. GGG controlled the pace, and even though Canelo did box effectively for a few rounds, once he got tired GGG took over. Both fights where extremely close though, we need a trilogy.

Please see my other post in this thread! It seems I posted just for you

Im confused as to what the problem is the the judges scores?
mostly the fact that canelo gets the nod anytime the fight is close, not to mention consistently having an outrageous scorecard turned in in his favor.

Back