Canelo suspended

Did you edit something in that post @StickAndMove ? I thought it said something else when I quoted it.

Anyway, from the official rules-
13. Excessive holding the opponent or maintaining a clinch.http://wbcboxing.com/downloads/RULES_FOR_CHAMPIONSHIP_FIGHTS_-_SYNTHESIZED_09.pdf

Holding is when it gets to the point where the ref has to break it up, when no one can fight because of one fighters actions.

A clinch is different. A clinch is only illegal when the only shots you can take are illegal. That rule is why some fans don't understand why it looks like some refs allow in fighting and some don't or get mad when their favorite guys gets beat in the clinch.
I didn't change my post. I understand the difference between them but constant clinching should also warrant a warning. Just like if a guy constantly bumps or pushes his opponent.

Oh man, can you imagine what this forum will be like if Canelo melts Golovkin?
If GGG is going to win I think he needs to fight behind the jab. He can put pressure to tire him out but I don't think he should go for the stoppage. The first fight showed Canelo can take his power.

You'd definitely be unbearable for the rest of 2018 that's for sure :).
bdqHyXA.gif

Back