Canelo suspended

Did Canelo not eat some tainted meat in Mexico?

Leave him alone.

Why is Jeff saying this is the second time he's tested for Clen?
I haven't watched the vid yet but I'm assuming he's saying that b/c Clenelo tested positive for clen two different times in the span of like 3 days.

looks like fellow mexican stitch duran was the only guy falling for that clen/meat bullshit and even then he looked and sounded like johhny cochran in the oj simpson trial

funny and fitting that some of the guys interviewed were being vocal and straight out calling canelo a cheat like showtime play by play commentator pauli malignaggi

the fact is that Canelo tested positive for a PED, that's a fact. I don't care what some corrupt commission or testing body says, he's a cheat (and frankly, they seem to agree with me, or they wouldn't have suspended him to begin with). So was Browne, so was Holyfield, so was Toney, so was Nery, so was Morales, so was Salido and a whole host of other drug cheats.

I don't really care either TBH, if anything, this is encouraging for GGG. I thought Canelo was going to win the rematch and now I think it's 50-50, drug cheats rarely come back looking the same. We'll see and maybe hte best man win. Doesn't change that Canelo is a drug cheat.
I think it's too early to say he's a drug cheat. Are the amounts you absorb solely from eating tainted meat enough to provide a benefit? If he had been taking higher doses, that dissipated to these levels, would it still provide an advantage by fight night? It's a known problem though, and he has the resources to procure "clean" meat, so all these doubts people will have now are his own fault.

It sounds like theres a real chance this will get cancelled.

GGG is going to fight May 5 regardless. They are talking about pulling Jacobs out of April 28 as a possible replacement

Jacobs would be a good consolation prize but would he be able to make weight by then?

And as I've said repeatedly, I don't care. I just want to see the fight and to see it potentially canceled for something that has not caused fight cancellation in the past pisses me off.

Just like the Pac/Floyd thing. I didn't care about PEDs. I cared that the fight didn't happen because one guy pretended he didn't even know what they were but refused to be tested for them.
I watched Danny Garcia knock Morales senseless when he was on Clen. I watched Francisco Vargas fight on HBO on clen.

Burt now I have to miss the biggest fight of the year because now suddenly they need to do it different? Fuck that shit.
If the pros determine those levels could conceivably give him an unfair advantage then the fight should be called off and he should be suspended. It doesn't matter if guys have gotten away with it in the past. There should be a zero tolerance policy.

If the pros determine those levels could conceivably give him an unfair advantage then the fight should be called off and he should be suspended. It doesn't matter if guys have gotten away with it in the past. There should be a zero tolerance policy.
Maybe so. But don't arbitrarily create some new rule and enforce it retroactively.

pretty much. I think the results will definitely be honest, like I odn't think they're going to be taking out clen from his sample and saying "see we tested it and there's nothing" I do think that they might say "we don't think he was juicing" when thye might actually be thinking he was juicing. Same goes for all of the sanctioning bodies and athletic commissions too.

I think VADA is generally trustworthy in that say they catch a no name with juice, they'll say "eh tested positive and he's guilty" but a star like Canelo? They might not be saying everything that's on their mind there.

just a little personal paranoia though.
It's not paranoia. Canelo/Golden Boy are the types with enough power to have this swept under the rug. We'll have to wait and see if any disciplinary action is recommended.

I have no idea what Canelo has been up to during the course of his career, or what he is up to now. But it appears (and I know this can be misleading) that something has changed lately, based on his physique. If he suddenly gained significant muscle mass for the first time in his career, and failed his first drug test at the same time, that seems to be a bit more than a coincidence.
This is true but it also coincides with him changing weight classes and bulking up to face a larger opponent. Big question whether he just quit cutting weight or used anything illegal.

Just a formality.

Looks like GGG and his fans already have the excuses ready in case he loses.

I never accused him or even hinted at him cheating based on the change in his physique. I just think it is probably not a coincidence that he failed his first PED test right about when his body suddenly changed.
Also when he was moving up in weight to face a "killer" and put his earning power in jeopardy.

Now say the fight with Canelo falls through, who do you all want to see replace Canelo?

I'd say the top five options would be (in no order): BJS, Andrade, Charlo, Jacobs II and Murata.

I really don't want to see Murata, he isn't ready for GGG and I think he's a level below the others (except maybe Andrade and BJS, who don't really impress me, though I'd still favor them both somewhat over Murata).
Andrade really isn't htat impressive to me. He's been avoiding a lot of top competition and really doesn't seem like anything more than a kind of awkward fighter with good fundamentals.
Charlo is the future at 160 IMO, so I'd love to see that fight. I think he could definitely beat GGG.
A Jacobs rematch would be a great way to even the score on the first fight.
BJS would be for total unification. I think BJS has been getting overrated sincehe beat a one-dimensional plodder in Lemieux, but this would at least be significant in a sense.

In order for me:
1. Charlo
2. Jacobs
3. BJS
4. Andrade
5. Murata
Jacobs or BJS to unify.

I really don't want this fight pushed back b/c it only benefits Canelo in the long run. Test him everyday from now until the fight,if he's clean let them fight. GGG is only getting older and Canelo is still a pretty young guy in his physical prime and, knowingly or not, has been using ped's for at least a little while.

GGG needs to fight this dude now, when Canelo is clean for sure, embarrassed and ashamed that he's been caught, and be possibly caused to fight stupid, exchanging in the pocket with GGG, using less movement in order to prove a point that he can beat GGG at his own game (which Canelo will most likely lose). All the positives point to GGG wanting this fight done now, not only for his own sake but for how flustered Canelo is atm and how that might affect his gameplan coming into the rematch in a fight that most of us thought he lost the first time around.
GGG is just going to fight mad now and get KO'd.

Wrong. That is totally false.
Holding is illegal. Clinching is not.
Chain clinching is the same as holding. It's like holding your finger in front of your sister's face until just before your mom is about to slap you and then pulling it away. You can let a guy get away with some clinching as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Chain clinching is the same as holding. It's like holding your finger in front of your sister's face until just before your mom is about to slap you and then pulling it away. You can let a guy get away with some clinching as long as it doesn't get out of hand.
They are not the same. A clinch can turn into a hold which is then illegal.

Did you edit something in that post @StickAndMove ? I thought it said something else when I quoted it.

Anyway, from the official rules-
13. Excessive holding the opponent or maintaining a clinch.http://wbcboxing.com/downloads/RULES_FOR_CHAMPIONSHIP_FIGHTS_-_SYNTHESIZED_09.pdf

Holding is when it gets to the point where the ref has to break it up, when no one can fight because of one fighters actions.

A clinch is different. A clinch is only illegal when the only shots you can take are illegal. That rule is why some fans don't understand why it looks like some refs allow in fighting and some don't or get mad when their favorite guys gets beat in the clinch.

Last edited:
I doubt even ped Canelo could stop GGG, let alone a clean one. It's possible, but very unlikely, imo
Oh man, can you imagine what this forum will be like if Canelo melts Golovkin?

Back