Canelo suspended

koquerelle

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The Nevada State Athletic Commission temporarily suspended Canelo Alvarez on Friday due to his two positive tests for the banned substance clenbuterol, commission executive director Bob Bennett said in a statement.

Alvarez will be required to appear at a commission hearing April 10, less than a month before he is to challenge unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin on May 5 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas in a rematch of their controversial draw in September. ‎

The commission could suspend him further, placing the rematch in significant jeopardy.

As part of the deal for the first fight, as well as for the rematch, both boxers agreed to be randomly tested by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association.

Alvarez provided urine samples on Feb. 17 and Feb. 20, and both tests came back positive for trace amounts of clenbuterol, according to a March 5 letter VADA president Dr. Margaret Goodman sent to those involved that was obtained by ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ly-suspended-nevada-state-athletic-commission

Nothing will happen. They will make him appear there for show and except whatever excuse he comes up with and the fight will still be on.

Nothing will happen. They will make him appear there for show and except whatever excuse he comes up with and the fight will still be on.
GGG shouldn't allow this fight to happen, and let Canelo get fame off his name

Whats abel got to say

Im at the stage I wouldnt give a fuck if they cancelled it. GGG wants the money. Alvarez wants to continue making big money. Fuck em lets just wait for spence vs thurman.

Golovkin does have grounds to walk away. It wouldn't help his pocket book or immediate resume, but no one who pays attention to the sport would lack respect for such a move. I highly doubt he does it (we all know the NSAC won't be the ones to nix the fight), and Canelo still does have plausible deniability even though it's hanging by a thread (I think he intentionally doped, but he does have deniability which is in line with other athletes). In the end, we'll probably see them go to war again, and for better or for worse, that's really what I want to see.

Nevada commission looking for a payoff I’d guess

Nevada commission looking for a payoff I’d guess
Or just trying to look good (or not as bad). Canelo tested positive and it looked they weren’t going to do anything. Now they can say they took the matter seriously.

Last edited:
Or just trying to look good (or not as bad). Canelo tested positive and it looked they weren’t going to do anything. Now they can say they the matter seriously.
I think it's this. They would look bad if they didn't APPEAR to be doing anything. They have to do this for their image. The fight will still go ahead. Too much money is involved. So unless Canelo gets caught for something else, all should be good.

Or just trying to look good (or not as bad). Canelo tested positive and it looked they weren’t going to do anything. Now they can say they took the matter seriously.
Yessir

The fight will happen and they'll use the controversy to sell it better.

GGG shouldn't allow this fight to happen, and let Canelo get fame off his name

Whats abel got to say

LOL, at Saul getting fame off of GGG's name.

GGG will still pretend he was wronged when he accepts the fight and loses .

{<hhh] .

Last edited:
Too much money on the line for this fight to get cancelled.

Symbolic suspension because people are paying attention. Pretty surprised they even did that much seeing as other fighters have fought in the same situation.

Canelo really screwed up. I really hope he is innocent, but I am concerned about a few things. The first test registered levels between 0.6-0.8 and the second test, taken a couple days later was 0.06-0.08. So the second one is consistent with meat contamination, and that's the cherry-picked data from GBP. The first stat (0.6-0.8) is ridiculously high and I don't know if it's humanly possible to eat that much contaminated meat without dying (like drinking non-alcoholic beer to get yourself drunk - you'd die of over-hydration first).

Ironically, Canelo might be even more motivated and fired up with the right mentality going into the rematch. Golovkin will feel insulted and bitter and that might affect how he chooses to fight. Too many weird things going into this rematch. I like it not.

GGG stops the fight and him and Charlo fights in july or September and then rematch Jacobs and fights Canelo sometime next year and that's that. No excuses Canelo you failed twice, time to move on GGG.

Canelo shouldn't be allowed to fight and should be suspended, he failed twice, first time it was supposedly, tainted Mexican meats and what's the excuses know? Just like everyone else Canelo should be suspended.

Canelo shouldn't be allowed to fight and should be suspended, he failed twice, first time it was supposedly, tainted Mexican meats and what's the excuses know? Just like everyone else Canelo should be suspended.
Most boxers aren't suspended for Clen. Lucas Browne, who just fought tonight still has a win on his record for a fight he tested dirty for. Erik Morales and Fransisco Vargas also both fought after testing for clen.

This suspension is likely for show, because its getting so much attention. I'll be blown away if they actually cancel the fight for May.

GGG stops the fight and him and Charlo fights in july or September and then rematch Jacobs and fights Canelo sometime next year and that's that. No excuses Canelo you failed twice, time to move on GGG.

Realistically the best thing for GGG is to fight Canelo anyway. He is old and has maybe a handful of fights left in him. Could be less. He will make more fighting Canelo then he would fighting 5 other guys. Win or lose GGG is better off getting that payday now. If he stood on principle and lost to Jacobs for 10% of what he would have made he'd be fucking himself financially for the rest of his life. Cheating or not Canelo is still the only HUGE money fight for anyone in the middleweight division. GGG should take that money for sure.

Most boxers aren't suspended for Clen. Lucas Browne, who just fought tonight still has a win on his record for a fight he tested dirty for. Erik Morales and Fransisco Vargas also both fought after testing for clen.

This suspension is likely for show, because its getting so much attention. I'll be blown away if they actually cancel the fight for May.

How many times are these fighters are going to get warned about tainted Mexican meats and don't act like him and his team is stupid and Boxing Commissioners are not smart enough to send out warnings about Mexican tainted meats, hell the NFL sent players warnings about Mexican meats and failed test, so why didn't Canelo and his team move his training camp to Big Bear in the first place? and how did he fail twice knowing he failed once, just stop eating that meat. The answer is he deliberately used and ate that meat to try to hide Steroid use, but failed twice and is trying to still blame tainted meats.

The NFL and NFL Players association have warned players in a memo about consuming meat from Mexico and China that might contain clenbuterol, a performance-enhancing drug.CNN News.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/sport/nfl-contaminated-meat-mexico-china-clenbuterol/index.html

Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin's highly anticipated rematch is in danger. Canelo has been temporarily suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission following two positive tests for Clenbuterol (Feb 17 and Feb. 20), per ESPN's Dan Rafael who referenced commission executive director Bob Bennett.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...ts-rematch-with-ggg-in-jeopardy/#32f43dbc53ac

Canelo had between 600 and 800 Pico grams in his system
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6655/Contador-Any-amount-of-Clenbuterol-is-doping-says-WADA.aspx
Recent cases:
- China's Fuyu Li: 50-100 picograms
- Italy's Alessandro Colò: 200 picograms
- Spain's Alberto Contador: 50 picograms
- Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov: 75 picograms
- Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez: 600-800 piocgrams

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6...uterol-is-doping-says-WADA.aspx#ixzz5AjN3IWoC
Contador: Any amount of Clenbuterol is doping, says WADA
by Samuel Morrison at 6:04 AM EST 0 comments
Categories: Pro Cycling, Doping
'This is just the dopers adjusting or mis-adjusting to the testing'
Contador_AlbertoPress09-2F.jpg
Alberto Contador's lawyers will need to re-think their Tour de France doping defence. A WADA official reminded them that an athlete with any amount of the drug Clenbuterol is considered positive.

"Just because it's small doesn't mean it's not doping," WADA's Christiane Ayotte told the New York Times. "This is just the dopers adjusting or mis-adjusting to the testing."

Ayotte runs the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) lab outside of Montreal. She commented on the recent cases of athletes testing positive for small amounts of Clenbuterol. The drug helps breathing and weight loss.

Recent cases:

- China's Fuyu Li: 50-100 picograms on March 23
- Italy's Alessandro Colò: 200 picograms on April 25
- Spain's Alberto Contador: 50 picograms on July 21
- Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov: 75 picograms on September 22

Cyclists Li and Colò both received suspensions from their federations. Germany acquitted table tennis player Ovtcharov, but WADA has since appealed the decision. All of the athletes argued that the Clenbuterol came from eating contaminated beef.

Contador's lawyer Andy Ramos is arguing the same and using the case of French tennis player, Richard Gasquet. Gasquet's lawyers proved with hair tests that his cocaine positive was a result of kissing a girl who had used cocaine.

The WADA lists Clenbuterol as a banned substance regardless of how it was ingested. Contador maintains his innocence and claims that the beef that his Astana team bought in Irún, Spain, caused the positive result.

"The levels are ridiculous," said Ramos on Tuesday, "it couldn't be anything else."

Contador's urine showed 50 picograms per millilitre of Clenbuterol, equal to 0.000 000 000 05 grams per ml. The International Cycling Union (UCI) revealed the test results only after Contador won his third Tour de France on July 25.

European Union has banned farmers from using Clenbuterol since 1996. It controlled 83,203 animals between 2008 and 2009 and one sample showed contamination – it was not from Spain.

A disciplinary committee of the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) is reviewing Contador's case now and a decision expected by February. Both the WADA and the UCI said they will appeal if the RFEC acquits Contador of doping.

Contador risks losing his Tour de France title and faces a possible two-year ban.

Y4bdf5j.jpg

Clenbuterol https://www.steroid.com/Clenbuterol.php

This seems fishy as hell and I am the last person in the world that wouldn't give Canelo a fair shake and give him the benefit of doubt, just like John Jones, because their is ample proven evidence that over the counter Bodybuilding supplements contain Steroids and even average protein powder has contained Steroids.

REPORT: 81 Consumer Supplements Contain Anabolic Steroids If you've been taking a supplement to build muscle, lose fat or for any other purpose, you may want to put down the pill bottle and read this new report from Vox. Reporters there dug through a series of court filings, government databases and scientific research and found that more than 850 consumer supplements contained hidden ingredients, including illegal drugs, pharmaceuticals and "other synthetic chemicals that have never been tested on humans."
http://www.stack.com/a/report-supplements-contain-steroids

FDA Warns of Body Building Supplements Containing Steroids http://www.ajpb.com/news/fda-warns-of-body-building-supplements-containing-steroids

Archive:
Steroid.com »
Steroid Blog »
Does MVP Biotech Whey Protein Powder Contain Anabolic Steroids?
Does MVP Biotech Whey Protein Powder Contain Anabolic Steroids?
https://www.steroid.com/blog/Does-MVP-Biotech-Whey-Protein-Powder-Contain-Anabolic-Steroids.php

Yes even Whey Protein has contained illegal Steroids and even got athletes banned.

But this is different and a second failed test for the same thing when training camp was moved and should of never been in Mexico in the first place with all the warnings of failed test and Olympic and NFL and other sports warnings and it definitely wasn't over the counter supplements, it was blamed on tainted meats twice and this isn't flying with me and I am not buying this excuse, i will definitely need more evidence of innocence.

Back