Canelo is afraid of GGG and is bad for boxing

So we are just going to repeat the same argument we used to explain why maypac was delayed? It's just about business, nothing more.
I said last year this was going to be the next Mayweather/Pac. Seems to be an accurate prediction.

All I know is there's a potential fight for Canelo against Pacquiao that can make both guys a lot of money

Good or bad for boxing?
Man I don't know, Canelo might be too big for him, we'll see what happens.

Ill just say this, if you actually think Canelo is afraid of fighting someone you are legitimately stupid.

I said last year this was going to be the next Mayweather/Pac. Seems to be an accurate prediction.
If Canelo is going to demand 155 for five years he should be fighting at 154. GGG will probably move up to 168 and face Jacobs for a title or one of the other champs if he unifies 160 and there are no challenges. A catchweight with a 175 pounder would probably be better than waiting for Canelo to move up. I think really at the end of the day you can make money or you can make history. There's no fooling the real boxing fans that understand the history of the sport.

Ill just say this, if you actually think Canelo is afraid of fighting someone you are legitimately stupid.
Does it matter if you're afraid or if you price yourself out of a fight? Wanting to be MW champ and have your fights contested at 155 pounds is ridiculous. If you don't think so then there's some bias there you need to examine.

If Canelo is going to demand 155 for five years he should be fighting at 154. GGG will probably move up to 168 and face Jacobs for a title or one of the other champs if he unifies 160 and there are no challenges. A catchweight with a 175 pounder would probably be better than waiting for Canelo to move up. I think really at the end of the day you can make money or you can make history. There's no fooling the real boxing fans that understand the history of the sport.
The real fans understand theres a lot of bullshit in boxing.

Does it matter if you're afraid or if you price yourself out of a fight? Wanting to be MW champ and have your fights contested at 155 pounds is ridiculous. If you don't think so then there's some bias there you need to examine.
Not the point.

Saying hes afraid is just fucking stupid.

Puo, per usual, only one making any sense in here.

"Afraid" "pussy" "ducking" "quack", gets thrown around way too much here, we are not talking about pennies on the dollar like a UFC co main eventer makes, we are talking a lot of coin, if you think Canelo is afraid of anyone under 175 pounds I think you are legitamately retarded.

He's not afraid but he's making stipulations that tank negotiations?
Ok Ill play along.

Golovkin is scared of Canelo. Thats why he wont accept the fight. Even though it would be a career payday. Even though he said hed fight even lower for another fighter.

Must be terrified of Canelo.

"Afraid" "pussy" "ducking" "quack", gets thrown around way too much here, we are not talking about pennies on the dollar like a UFC co main eventer makes, we are talking a lot of coin, if you think Canelo is afraid of anyone under 175 pounds I think you are legitamately retarded.
Let's see him fight at middleweight before we start talking about lightheavies. It's a good thing I'm not Seano or I'd start talking about brown nosing = )

He's not bad for boxing. Nor is he afraid of GGG. But, so much posturing happens outside the ring it's rather pathetic. These remarks and jockeying are all part of the sad-banter that happens in boxing. The longer it drags out, the worse the eventual fight that materializes from this verbal slap-fighting.

But, to remain true to the point, having fought Mayweather and Cotto, who acted like divas towards him, he now gets the chance to relish the role.

Ok Ill play along.

Golovkin is scared of Canelo. Thats why he wont accept the fight. Even though it would be a career payday. Even though he said hed fight even lower for another fighter.

Must be terrified of Canelo.
That's disengenous. Would you slim down for a date with Heidi Klum, how about for Rosie O'Donnell?

Let's wait and see what happens after this weekend. Maybe GGG does agree to fight at 155, in exchange for other concessions, since he's the mandatory for years and the limit is 160. It's why it seems some of you guys are biased. Would you just agree to get paid less than minimum wage, if your boss told you to, even though you have federal protections? The boss is the money man we better blindly do what he says.

May/Pac waited for ever until they fought. This strategy increased interest in them, therefore increasing revenue for when they did fight.

Golovkin and Canelo/Oscar are milking this for all it's worth.

This is about money... Nothing else.

Same game different players.

Canelo has actually fought much better competition that Golovkin. Put yourself in his shoes and you could see why he'd think what he does.

Not at the weight class he's a beltholder at.

Anyways Floyd advised Canelo to duck GGG. Ducking knows ducking.

“Fighting the type of opponents [Golovkin] fought a couple weeks ago, come on, that’s not going to bring this fight,” Alvarez said to the latimes.com. “He needs to work his way up, he needs to earn his shot. He would have to fight somebody … who has skill, somebody that brings it. Yes, he has all these knockouts, but who has he fought? There’s no reason to be afraid,” said Alvarez."

That attitude would be perfectly fine if not for the fact that GGG earned his shot two years ago when he won the interim belt fighting Rubio and has been waiting ever since to get his shot at the actual championship. Canelo acts like the belt and it's rules mean absolutely nothing which again would be fine if he just dropped the belt but he won't. Once GGG gets the belt Canelo can say all he wants that he isn't afraid of GGG while avoiding fighting him at all costs.

And yes as always some idiotic asshole will post in this thread about how the belt will be a meaningless paper championship if Canelo gets stripped but in reality if the champ is unwilling to fight the best guy in his division who happens to be the mandatory he doesn't deserve to be the champ anymore. Especially with the belt org bending over backwards giving him chances to make the fight. If you don't want to fight a specific fighter that's fine. Fighters have thrown their belts away before.

bowe_1770566a.jpg

I don't think we can compare Canelo-GGG to May-Pac situation yet.
Canelo can still make more $$$ fighting Pac & Cotto but when it comes to May-Pac there wasn't a fight worth more at anytime.

That's disengenous. Would you slim down for a date with Heidi Klum, how about for Rosie O'Donnell?
No, its the same silly ass thing as saying Canelo is afraid of Golovkin.

Back