Canelo is afraid of GGG and is bad for boxing

It's the best fight either one can get. Canelo should get most of the money but shouldn't be able to make ridiculous demands. Is it too hard to believe that Canelo and his people wouldn't rather just keep raking in big paydays against easier opponents. Really interested to see how the WBC responds to all this.

I dont think he is "afraid", i think it's Oscar who is afraid. He's afraid to lose his cash cow and he knows he doesnt really have to play ball, because Canelo can be a huge star even without fighting GGG. That said i think Canelo is a little bit of a diva.

Canelo has actually fought much better competition that Golovkin. Put yourself in his shoes and you could see why he'd think what he does.
The biggest fight that can be made though is against GGG, yes? After beating GGG he would definitely be the heir apparent to Mayweather and would be the only guy, other than Pacman, to get him that 9 figure payday?

I dont thinkhe is "afraid", i think it's Oscar who is afraid. He's afraid to lose his cash cow and he knows he doesnt really have to play ball, because Canelo can be a huge star even without fighting GGG. That said i think Canelo is a little bit of a diva.
I don't think they're afraid, it's just business sense, although if he gets stripped of the title it might cause problems.

The biggest fight that can be made though is against GGG, yes? After beating GGG he would definitely be the heir apparent to Mayweather and would be the only guy, other than Pacman, to get him that 9 figure payday?
For Golovkin.

Canelo is making huge money fighting anyone.

Canelo has actually fought much better competition that Golovkin. Put yourself in his shoes and you could see why he'd think what he does.

This is a good point. Canelo has three fights against guys that are better than anybody on GGG's resume. I can imagine that if I was Canelo I would feel like I earned my spot, and GGG shouldn't be able to leapfrog me on a single night.

200w.gif

So we are just going to repeat the same argument we used to explain why maypac was delayed? It's just about business, nothing more.

For Golovkin.

Canelo is making huge money fighting anyone.
That's what I'm saying. Canelo doesn't need the risk. But what about the belt? Does he get stripped and just win the WBC SWW title? If he fights GGG would that double his PPV numbers and if he wins would he be the undisputed heir to Money?

This is a good point. Canelo has three fights against guys that are better than anybody on GGG's resume. I can imagine that if I was Canelo I would feel like I earned my spot, and GGG shouldn't be able to leapfrog me on a single night.
Canelo is obviously the a side, but if ridiculous demands keep the fight from getting signed, whose fault is it?

Canelo is obviously the a side, but if ridiculous demands keep the fight from getting signed, whose fault is it?

It depends on what the demands are.

Canelo should earn way more money than GGG, so if it fell through over that it would probably be on GGG.

If it comes down to a ridiculous weight stipulation, that's on Canelo. 155 is awful, it does not even sound like a sportsmanlike offer to me.

In my opinion, 157 is the turning point where it becomes GGG's fault if he turns it down. It should be 160, but GGG should do it if 157 is offered. GGG weighs in at 159 already each time.

It depends on what the demands are.

Canelo should earn way more money than GGG, so if it fell through over that it would probably be on GGG.

If it comes down to a ridiculous weight stipulation, that's on Canelo. 155 is awful, it does not even sound like a sportsmanlike offer to me.

In my opinion, 157 is the turning point where it becomes GGG's fault if he turns it down. It should be 160, but GGG should do it if 157 is offered. GGG weighs in at 159 already each time.
I mainly wonder about the WBC, will junior blatantly disregard the rules, and hook Canelo up and strip GGG?

I mainly wonder about the WBC, will junior blatantly disregard the rules, and hook Canelo up and strip GGG?

I don't even get into all that. I don't really know how it works, and I doubt there is any real consistency anyways.

It's no ones "fault", but if you think about it it is up to GGG if he wants the fight. Canelo doesnt need him, he can be huge without him. IF GGG wants the fight he is the only one who can get it done, but he has to adhere to Canelos LAME WEAK SAUCE demands lol.

I think any CW is LAME too. 155 157 lame lame lame.

It's the best fight either one can get. Canelo should get most of the money but shouldn't be able to make ridiculous demands. Is it too hard to believe that Canelo and his people wouldn't rather just keep raking in big paydays against easier opponents. Really interested to see how the WBC responds to all this.
So am I, WBC is letting Canelo and GBP slide on this one, my gut feeling is WBC is hoping GGG leaves 160 so they dont have to strip Canelo, as someone else mentioned here, Canelo without a belt, is not going to hurt him but will make him and GBP look silly. Jose Sulaiman really liked De La Hoya and Canelo, I think he even went as far as saying Canelo is the best champion the WBC's ever had.

All I know is there's a potential fight for Canelo against Pacquiao that can make both guys a lot of money

Good or bad for boxing?

Back