Canelo - GGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think that the outcome will depend more on who is the best boxer or who can take more punches?

Canelo is very slick. He was slick enough to impress Floyd and now he's a lot better.

Golovkin doesn't have many tools but what he does he does well and he is bigger than Canelo. Even if Canelo
has success in early rounds as long as GGG doesn't get discouraged he might put a beating on him at some point.

Can Canelo box him at the center of the ring for 12 rounds? Can he nullify GGG's excellent jab?
I think we all know how good GGG is at this point, but we'll see if Canelo is the boxer he thinks he is.

i dont think anyone can say ggg is on the slide because of his fight with jacobs, he won 7/12 rounds against a guy who is incredibly quick, has a decent height and reach advantage and has proven himself to be one of the very best in the competition

ggg has been fighting beasts like jacobs, whereas canelos idea of a challenge is chavez jnr or kahn fighting out of his proper weightclass

a combination of alvarez going for the kill and ggg's body shots will result in canelo gassing and ggg getting the tko stoppage

i dont think anyone can say ggg is on the slide because of his fight with jacobs, he won 7/12 rounds against a guy who is incredibly quick, has a decent height and reach advantage and has proven himself to be one of the very best in the competition

ggg has been fighting beasts like jacobs, whereas canelos idea of a challenge is chavez jnr or kahn fighting out of his proper weightclass

a combination of alvarez going for the kill and ggg's body shots will result in canelo gassing and ggg getting the tko stoppage
He does gas , but it seems they really worked on that for this camp

What the hell is happening here? Stamina doesn't matter? What planet are you on?

People are still claiming Canelo gasses?

When?

Now this right here... this is boxing.

Now this right here... this is boxing.
giphy.gif

My money's on Canelo UD. GGG got exposed against Jacob and taking his age into account, it's all down hill for him from here imo. Will go down in history as one of the most overrated boxers of all time.

Jacobs was pretty big during that fight too. Didn't he forgo the IBF titleshot cuz he didn't want to do the next-day weigh-in iirc?

The fact that Canelo couldn't knock out Chavez Jr was a bad look imo. GGG is known for absorbing hard shots, so he may well as easily survive Canelo.

Im not sure. I am rooting for and genuinely think Canelo is going to win, but I have a hard time to envisioning Canelo KO'ing GGG, yet I dont see the fight going the distance. Maybe if GGG slows down in the later rounds, and Canelo just overwhelms him with combinations and winning by TKO, but I just don't see Canelo knocking him down and KO'ing him with a single punch.

Why couldn't he KO Chavez Jr?
Why couldnt Golovkin KO Danny?

Weird argument people use. Not everything is going to end in a KO, no matter how hard you may hit.

I believ Golovkin is packing more heat but either guy can but the other down with the right shot.

Is this the best available matchup in boxing right now? Man, I am excited for this fight!

The Jacobs performance has evened this fight out in many people eyes.

I expect GGG to fight the way he did against lemeiux. He's bigger and Canelo is brand new to fighting real middleweights. He'll stop him late imo.

Weird argument people use. Not everything is going to end in a KO, no matter how hard you may hit.

I believ Golovkin is packing more heat but either guy can but the other down with the right shot.

That's how I feel when he faces GGG.

I think GGG will stop him in the 9th or 10th round.

Apples and oranges. Danny was throwing back hard and had to be boxed up. JCCJ was a dead man walking from the opening bell.

My money's on Canelo UD. GGG got exposed against Jacob and taking his age into account, it's all down hill for him from here imo. Will go down in history as one of the most overrated boxers of all time.

"Exposed" by an incredible boxer with big power? You act like Jacobs shouldn't have been in it.

GGG isn't THAT old yet, and nobody goes down in history as one of the most overrated. There is no such thing.
;)

I personally don't know who wins this one, but it's the fight to be made for the fans, so I'm glad we're getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back