Canelo - GGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big D is in the house

DJseFkoV4AI-MlK.jpg
*unzips dick

He always does that though. He ends up with his back on the ropes in every fight. Its literally the one thing that is making me hesitant to pick him. He'll get torn up if he tries to work off the ropes here, I think.

True and one of the biggest things working against Canelo here is that it seems GGG's punches feel very uncomfortable to whoever touches.
Like even if it's light taps, you get the feeling that they distinctly don't like it.
Even Kovalev had this. And even in Ward you could feel that unpleasantness to getting touched by him, though he beautifully compartmentalised it in the second fight.

Some ppl, and I've only felt this once, in literally a 100+ sparring partners and opponents, have hands n arms that feel like granite in gloves.
Thankfully my guy was slow asf and lacked true pop in his strikes to make proper use of this but yea, strictly unpleasant getting touched by him.

In vids you can hear his sparring partners n opponents say the same thing about GGG.

I think that'll be a big factor vs Canelo. It seems it throws everybody off and makes you not sit down on your counters and get too eager to get out of there.
That IMO was a big thing vs Jacobs too.

Yeah, I mean Canelo has a really good resume for a guy his age, don't get me wrong. At a glance it looks like he's been in there with a little bit of everything.

It's just that when you look closely, you see that the best opponents he fought were on the smaller side (Cotto, Mayweather, Lara, Khan) while the big guys he fought were kinda crap (Kirkland, Angulo, Chavez Jr). So it just kinda leaves a few questions there.

I think people are actually going to be surprised by the lack of size difference though. Canelo has been every bit as heavy as GGG for a few years, and he appears to have actually gained weight. Based on weight, I think he may actually be the bigger guy on fight night.

I think Canelo's diet of Mexican beef will factor in too.
That beef does wonders on consumption and should be banned IMO.
It's almost like a ped IMO.

<mma3>

He always does that though. He ends up with his back on the ropes in every fight. Its literally the one thing that is making me hesitant to pick him. He'll get torn up if he tries to work off the ropes here, I think.

edit: noticed it's already posted

Freddie Roaches take on this:

starts at 3:30

If you had to choose between Canelo or GGG to help tag team your wife who would you pick?

I think this is a pick 'em, but GGG may stop Canelo late. Won't be surprised with a win by Canelo, though.
I'm betting on GGG in rounds 7-12.
Really looking forward to this one.

I think this is a pick 'em, but GGG may stop Canelo late. Won't be surprised with a win by Canelo, though.
I'm betting on GGG in rounds 7-12.
Really looking forward to this one.

Ha you caught the gambling fever, I see. GL with your plays bud.

Golovkin hurt Canelo a few times in their sparring 6-7 years ago. And GGG went easy on him too.

Canelo is a different fighter now but their sparring sessions at Big Bear may have stuck with him.
He might be feeling a little insecure if you think how much he bulked up for this fight.
We are going to see if that's gonna cost him.

Golovkin hurt Canelo a few times in their sparring 6-7 years ago. And GGG went easy on him too.

Canelo is a different fighter now but their sparring sessions at Big Bear may have stuck with him.
He might be feeling a little insecure if you think how much he bulked up for this fight.
This is just silly.

7 years ago Canelo wasn't even old enough to buy a fucking beer and GGG was a 28 year old grown ass man.

If you had to choose between Canelo or GGG to help tag team your wife who would you pick?

Golovkin. Canelo takes too many breaks.

The real question is, if you had to pick either your wife or yourself to get double teamed by golovkin and canelo, who would you pick?

Paulie about TRIPLE G VS CANELO

(time-stamped @ 44min)

I don't know what sat or iq scores Paulie has, but he is one of the most well spoken, and cogent boxing analysts I've ever come across. Not that I agree with everything he said here, but there's no denying the dude knows his stuff, and can convey it in such a straightforward way. I'll get off his nuts now. But seriously.

El Canelo is entering The Matrix as we speak. Victory guaranteed.

I love GGG but canelos speed and combination will be the end of GGG. Jacobs started to put double jabs with hooks and uppercuts later in the fight vs GGG and gave GGG a hard time. I see GGG as a tough fighter who is very good with his jab and lead hook.. this is my observation. Canelo likes to throw counters with combinations.. not good for GGG's style.

GGG has looked like shit his last two fights and Canelo is coming into his prime. 35 years old, 400 amateur fights, and 37 professional fights GGG is 90 years old in boxing years.
That math tho LOL how old do you have mayweather by your calculations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back